Psych

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by pilgrim, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Meatball42

Meatball42 Police Officer

I already cleared my schedule! (Not that there was much to clear, but I stocked up on popcorn and pineapple, at least.)

2. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

Anyone see the commercials about Psych and the comparing the show to the Mentalist? Too funny. I also like the tribute they do to the show Monk. :lol:

3. Meatball42

Love the Mentalist sppof! There's another one where Shawn hypothesises that everything they do is filmed and put on some weird TV show, and Gus tells him EXACTLY how ridiculous that is. it's at spoilertv.blogspot dot com on the 'Psych' page.
    Where's the Monk tribute? do you have a link?

4. SaraBeth18

SaraBeth18 Hit and Run

I love Psych. Its awesome. I think the Mentalist is just trying to copy Psych. i have seen the show and I dont like it very much.

5. Meatball42

I love both shows. I think that people consider the similarities between the shows too much. Patrick Jane is nothing like Shawn, personality-wise. Shawn's basically a kid in an adult's world who relies on his skills to keep him afloat and chose police work partially to please his father and also because it's fun. Jane is a mature adult who could probably do anything he wanted, but he HAS to do police work to avenge his family's murder. They operate differently: Shawn thinks it's a game, and Jane always knows it's for real, but he plays it off in order to manipulate the suspects and witnesses, even his colleagues. Plus, look at the cases: Shawn said a cat helped him solve a crime and posed as a male model; Jane shot the only lead on the serial killer who murdered his family to save his friend and a witness.
    Both shows rock, and we could apprectiae both better if we stopped measuring them against each other and just appreciated both for their individual qualities.

6. SaraBeth18

SaraBeth18 Hit and Run

lol. gotta have the pineapple! :D I wonder if the famous pineapple will show up in the episode. I always look for it.

7. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

i just really love Shawn! he cracks me up everytime he talks!

8. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

The whole gang's back and they are as good as ever. I like the new pics for the song intro. Poor Gus.... a replacement for Shawn's romantic trip?! :eek::guffaw: That's just not right. Still not quite sold on Shawn and Juliet, but the bridge scene made me warm up to them a bit. Looks like good times ahead. :)

9. Meatball42

I'm looking forward to more angsty or awkward moments! Maybe both of them and Shawn in the same room, perhaps when Shawn's supposed to be taking Abigail on a date. Just brainstorming here, but who agrees?

10. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Great that "Psych" is back, nice show and so cool they mentioned "The Mentalist" on the first ep. :lol:

About pairings, I don't like Shawn/Juliet much, I'd rather prefer Lassie/Juliet, Shawn/Gus' sister (I forgot her name) or much better Lassie/Shawn (this one seems to have many fans). :p

11. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

Danquien I was(still in my heart) a total Lassiter/Juliet shipper for the past two seasons. I always thought there was a certain spark between them. :thumbsup:

12. Meatball42

I don't like that ship. I think Lassiter would need someone more able to stand up to him; Jules is a bit too gentle. Still, I loved that scene when she was trying to set him up on a date and he thought she was talking about herself. And he said something like, 'it's easy for people to develop feelings toward their superiors' and she was VERY surprised! Now I want to watch that eppy again! Anyone know when that was?

13. Princess_Laurie

Princess_Laurie Witness

There was a marathon on USA today, and (like so many other shows) it just sucked me in. Which means I'm going to have to watch tonight. Which definitely isn't a bad thing. :)

I thought there was something between them in the first episode I watched...Now I'm not sure. I wouldn't mind it, certainly, and I definitely like it better than Shawn/Juliet. I don't know why, but I can't stand them together. Maybe it's the fact that James Roday is just too yummy, and I want him for myself.
    *snort* Like that'll ever happen. Even my dreams know better.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  14. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

Princess_Laurie I love your avatar. Where did you get it? I'm a big CI fan. I get so torn whether to ship Bobby and Alex or not. They are just awesome together.

15. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

One thing that bothers me is why Shawn is always saying how terribly bad is his relationship with his father, when they seem to get along fine: Shawn is always hanging around his father's house, his father helps him with the cases or when Gus and he get in trouble...They don't agree in everything but who does? They seem to have a good relationship to me, maybe they have some issues but nothing huge.