Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Found it, thanks!

2. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

**cries**

what the hell is going on here...why!

3. TanyaWolfe

TanyaWolfe Rookie

I just... had a feeling. I knew it. :(

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That's still basically the same thing that was posted on that other site. The fact that it mentions that Rory may not be in the premiere should date it as old. It's already been confirmed that Rory turned the show down, so there's no "may or may not" about it. Rory will not be in the premiere. So, I don't know if I can take this "report" from tvguide with anything but a grain of salt. It's still not official confirmation to me.

5. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

It was published today. I also came across another source that was a bit more specific and said Adam will not be in the credits for the new season (but will be in some episodes).
    However, a CBS or a similar representative has yet to comment.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  6. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

Hey after he hits it big on Tyler Perry's movies he'll be too busy a star then? so new guy is to Eric Delko as Ryan was to Speedle? replacement city..

7. hahagirl

hahagirl Hit and Run

Yeah that's why even though this is sad news, I'm not really shaken up by it. Maybe since I know I'll see his face again.

8. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I kind of had a feeling this was coming....given his tweets, the spoilers, lack of contract info, and Eddie C being added to the show....I have had this nagging feeling in my stomach that something like this was going to happen.

I didn't want to say anything b/c I didn't want to believe it but I guess reality has just kicked me in the teeth!!

Now we just have to hope that Emily doesn't follow suit b/c she still hasn't signed a contract yet either and is probably also in negotiations witht he show!! And did anyone else see in the interview video how she laughed when she mentioned the contract negotiations?? :lol:

Oh things definately just got waaay more interesting where this show is concerned!!

9. hahagirl

hahagirl Hit and Run

Someone need to call 542-542!

I didn't know Emily hasn't signed her contract yet. I wonder what's the problem. :confused:

10. delkolover

I have asked 542-542 and they told me they aren't privy to contract information and when asked about Adam possibly leaving they told me what the producers said in an interview when it was revealed that Eddie C was being added to the cast....so they don't know anything that we don't already know.

A friend of mine has access to acting sites where actor news is posted and she said there is now news about Emily or Adam resigning contracts with the show.

11. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

OH BLOODY HE**!!!

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

What is 542-542? If it's a phone number, shouldn't there be a seventh number in that sequence? :confused:

13. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Emily hasn't signed her contract yet? How do we know this? How do you go back to work when you haven't decided on your contract? I don't get it. Adam must have decided before. If he does leave I don't think it's a good move, not to be mean, I like Adam but CSI: Miami made him and that's who he will always be.

14. delkolover

542-542 is KGB; the question/answer texting service. You text a question to the number and "experts" are supposed to text you back with the answer.

You can ask them anything....like "why is the sky blue?" and they will reply.

Another text answer/question service is Cha Cha....I use both to see if you get conflicting answers....more often than not they give the same answer just worded differently.

My friend has access to an actors news site as well SAG's actor site....and there is nothing concering either them signing new contracts. And in the past when they signed new contracts, it was always posted on the site.

They probably have an agreement to work with and for the show by the episode until they either leave or sign a new contract. More than likely in a situation like that...there is a flat payment/pay check. Lets say in his contract Adam was making $100,000 an ep. Now that he has no contract and is "ep to ep" he might be making a "flat income" of say $20,000 an ep. ( I just made those figures up btw)

Think about it in the context of the actors strike....they all kept working even though their union didn't have a contract. And I think their new contract stipulated "back pay" when they finally ink a contract. I'm sure if they do work out a contract, the contract will stipulate they get back pay for the eps they were in when they didn't have a contract. Considering the the budget cuts this year, I am not surprised there might be an issue with contracts. No doubt hiring Eddie C was cheaper than having to pay Adam....even if it was the same amount he made the last 2 years. If that is case, I don't see things boding well for Emily and her contract negotiations.

I have the feeling, due to the budget cuts, that Kyle will be gone as well. And we won't be getting a permanent M.E. There has been no mention of Kyle yet and Emily said that some would be returning and some would be leaving. They didn't make the annual pilgrimage to Miami this year to shoot b/c of the cuts so it is not that hard to believe that they would drop some characters too. I think these circumstances and the "bad contract negotiations" led to Adam's departure.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  15. calleighfan06

calleighfan06 Dead on Arrival

I like your reasoning, plus I really don't believe Emily would laugh at something like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.