Adam/Eric #9 - 'The Perfect Diversion'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 27, 2009.

1. belluvsmiami

belluvsmiami Prime Suspect

2. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

NOOOOO!!!!

why would they get rid of him?! I'm upset now, why... if he leaves I can't watch it anymore...

wow this sucks...

oh and on a side note... Adam is on face book... his photo is cute, like he took it in his house....

ok back to panic... NOOOOO!!!! I only started watching the stupid show becouse of him... darn tptb and there stupid contracts, can they just give him tons of money or whatever...

3. Fanofcalleigh

Fanofcalleigh Witness

I hate this day ... my work suck .. and now this ... This rumor is just death .. He cant quit csi miami ... he's one of the heart of the show .. without him there is no hiphuggers .. OMG shot me now :'(

4. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

sorry about your work...

but yeah not just becouse of the ship, but i love him, he's great... it had better not be true, and only had come about becouse of rumors, oh gosh I'm not happy....

5. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

I"m not convinced that this is real as the source of this is in a video where Emily sounds like she is joking around so unless Adam or CBS explicitly say that Delko is toast, wait and see...

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

By the sounds of that article, it sounds more like to me that Eric won't be in all the eps cause in some he'll still be recovering/on leave. I think he'll take a break, but will eventually return to work (Eric I mean). I hope.

7. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I hope so because I would hate to see Adam leave the show.

8. Miyukiseta

Miyukiseta Rookie

Eric can't leave the show! I waited 7 seasons to see him and Calleigh get together and I am not going to let stupid contract negotiations wreck their newfound realtionship! Fix this, f**ing TPTB!:scream: You guys'll be sorry if you do this...

9. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Well now at least we know what he may have meant when he said "9 to go" :(

To be honest I had this feeling that this might be coming....given the upcoming storyline, Adam's tweets and the lack of contract info and the addition of Eddie Cibrian...I had this nagging feeling something like this might be coming down...for either him or Emily.

And I think if it did come down to contracts then the show is making a huge mistake imo.

10. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I can't seem to get this out of my head. As much as I hate to say this I really do hope that it is his choice to leave the show and not because they couldn't come to agreements on his contract. I keep hoping that I will wake up in the morning and this will be a horrible joke. It took them 7 yrs to get Eric & Calleigh together, please don't tear it away from us so quickly.

11. Ayana

Ayana Hit and Run

Wow the CSI: Miami season 8 speculation keeps getting worse. When I'm loyal to my fave character I'm super loyal and dont know if I can continue watching without Adam on the show :( He was partly the reason I started watching. This can be fixed TPTB can just give Adam what he wants in his contract and make us fans and him very happy but no they have to be difficult.

12. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Mrs.DelkoWolfe Lab Technician

Look I understand everyone is upset about Adam leaving but can you please take all e/c related comments to that particular thread. I'm up set about Adam leaving too but lets not start the ship war here that's what the debate thread is for.

Anyway I was hoping that Adam would stay and maybe Emily leave due to the situation but it is what it is. I do think the show will suffer a blow from this but I don't think it will be fatal. I'm going to miss Adam on the show, but I'll at least be glad I had 7 yrs of watching his character even if the last year wasn't a favorite of mine (and let me say that it was not for e/c reasons). But I'm sure we'll see Adam in something else soon besides the Tyler Perry movie. Adam is almost like the come back kid. He's gone from a J.Lo video to Brooklyn South to Roswell and then to CSI:Miami for 7 yrs, so who know where he will appear next.

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Maybe it's not forever. Maybe they are playing with us. Maybe Adam's contract negotiations were just him trying to buy some time to do a movie or something which would require him to be off the show for awhile. Maybe it's just for this season. maybe he'll return next season. Maybe he's injured badly enough that he has to go on disability leave for a while. That happened to a relative of mine. I'm trying hard to be optomistic here.

14. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

I'm just tired of all this negativity all around!

Sad to say that this may be true, yet not confirmed by Adam himself, but whether Adam chooses to stay or go, its something he will have to decide for himself - what's really best for him at this point in his career. Since this news came out, I don't know if you all noticed, but he has not sent out not one tweet.

Truthfully, he deserves top figure on that show because he does bring in a lot of ratings. In fact, there were a lot of Delko moments that brought in huge ratings for CBS Monday night, some of them were from season 7.

Anyway, if he leaves, it wouldn't be a career mistake for him because he is versatile and can really play any role out there. He's got a lot of projects coming out, so that will keep him busy, too. On the other hand, the show has become such a great success, that it will be hard not to have Adam on screen every Monday. No offense to Eddie, but when he was on Third Watch and that show with Rhymes (spelling), I really wasn't glued to the TV... He only recently became a name because of certain issues in the media, which I won't name, but you all read the tabloids. He's welcomed to the show, yes, but I will have an issue if it were really to replace Adam.

Don't get me wrong, I love watching Calleigh tear a criminal a new head, Ryan crossing those great arms of his and getting that pensive look on his face, but no one else quite does it for me like Eric does.

Its really a shame because I was really looking forward to having a scene with just Eric and Jesse to stare at the hotness :rolleyes:

15. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Actually, and I am not trying to pick a fight here, I think we can discuss some E/C as it relates to Adam leaving b/c it affects E/C and the show in general. I am not saying people should be screaming out about undying love and such but I think as long as it pertains to how Adam's departure will affect things, it is ok.

A mod can feel free to correct me or debunk me but I do believe a similar thing happened in the spoiler thread a few days ago where I asked something along the same lines as you....and I was ruled against.