Reflections

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by CaineSpeedle, Jul 30, 2009.

1. CaineSpeedle

CaineSpeedle Victim

Reflections

By: CaineSpeedle
    Rating: PG
    Characters: Horatio Caine
    Disclaimer: I do not own or claim to own any of the CSI Miami characters. I'm just borrowing them for this story...will return them to the lab when finished.

Summary: Horatio reflects back.

Reflections

Sitting here on the beach, I let the waves soothe me. The day was too long for me and I almost lost someone very close.

I went and saw him tonight. As I sat there I thought back to the day we had met. We were both younger, and he was just starting out on the job. Through the years our friendship has grown and I see him more as an equal on the job than anything. Laying there in that hospital bed, the machines hooked up to him, I prayed that he would pull through. The doctors seem to think he is strong enough and will make a full recovery. I just pray that they are right.

Sometimes I wonder if I should just walk away from the job. It's getting harder and harder to watch as innocent victims are taken from this world. There pain is my pain and I must give them a voice. Everyone sees me as strong, but deep down, I'm weak. Cause if I was really strong I wouldn't be sitting here alone on this beach. I would be with the others members of the team. See I have this mask I have to put on in front of them...a mask that is growing warn, old and tired.

They are my family though...the only family I have left. They give me strength to continue on down this path. Without them, I would be truly alone in this troubled world and would have no reason to live. I have watched them grow into talented, bright young men and women that excel in there fields. They are my adopted family that I would give my life for at any moment.

Looking up I see the sun is going down and I look around. Speaking of my family, they are walking towards me right now, Calleigh, Eric and Alexx. I know Speed would be right there with them if he could...I need to go see him again.

Standing up I wait for them, seeing there smiles on their beautiful faces. Looking down I slide my sunglasses on and then look back to them. Yes...this is where I belong...with a family I have grown to love and appreciate.

The End

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

wow, awesome!

3. CaineSpeedle

CaineSpeedle Victim

Thank you!!!!