Saying Goodbye

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by CaineSpeedle, Jul 30, 2009.

1. CaineSpeedle

CaineSpeedle Victim

Saying Goodbye
    By: CaineSpeedle
    Rating: PG
    Characters: Calleigh Duquesne, Tim Speedle
    Disclaimer: I do not own or claim to own any of the CSI Characters. Just borrowing them for this story, will return them to the lab when finished.
    Summary: Saying goodbye to a good friend and reflecting.

Calleigh's POV
    Saying Goodbye
    It’s hard to believe that I am the standing here again. So many of them I have seen go now. Only two of us remain here in this now lonely place. When will our time come to make our journey?

Looking at his headstone, I still have trouble believing he’s gone from our lives. He was our rock, our shoulder to cry on, our boss, our friend and most importantly the main part of our family. He’s has gone to join the other’s now. He saw so much in his lifetime, helped so many innocent victims. Some of them even came to say there goodbye’s to him.

He was more like a father figure to me. He was always there with a kind word of encouragement, or a helping hand. He knew what I was thinking, even when I didn’t, and vice versa. I remember the first time I laid eyes on him. His presence was so strong, and demanding, but yet gentle. I’m gonna miss our chats, the way we worked together when we were at the lab, even our fights.

I place my hand on Tim’s shoulder to give him strength. He was the one who found Horatio in his bed at eternal peace. They were as close as anyone could be. Even after we married, Horatio was still like a dad to us both.

“I still can’t believe he is gone.” my husband says.

“I know…neither can I. First Eric, then Alexx, now Horatio.” Smiling my mind wonders back, “Hey, remember that first year we were all together? We went to that BBQ over at Alexx’s?”

“Yeah…H said you and I would probably end up together at some point.”

“Guess he was right.”

“I miss them.”

“I do too. But, we will see them all again.”

“Yeah, we will. And when we do, remind me to hit Eric upside his head.”

“Why?” I chuckle.

“Let’s just say…old times sake.”

“Alexx will have your hide then.”

“Good. I miss her mothering.”

“And H will probably be sitting back watching us and Miami.”

“I have a feeling he already is.” Tim saids as we look up towards the sunset.

The End.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

3. CaineSpeedle

CaineSpeedle Victim

Thank you!!!