William/Grissom: The Hottness of Lucky #13

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by WP_Rocks_MY_World, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

erep: Yeah, I think Gina has enough 'school/book smarts' for both of them :p I'm sure he knows a LOT more than he lets on though...I don't know why I think that (maybe it's cos I'd assume, playing Grissom for 9 years, he'd have picked up on some science-y biology related information and it probably stuck)but I think he knows quite a bit more 'book' wise than he lets on....such a perfect man. I've decided I want to marry a much older guy, and I hope I find one as quintissentially perfect as Billy is.

Yeah, I get tired of student athletes...The ones at EMU (in my experience) show up late constantly, never pay attention and always either do their homework for the class IN class, or do their homework for their next class in a class (wow that was a horrible sentence). I understand their huge love of sports and liking activity, but just being a jock doesn't always put food on the table, you know? I'm definitely not a smarty pants, but I do take school very seriously because it's people's closure and criminal investigations that are at stake (in the future) and ride on me paying attention in class NOW. I'm not going to doze off so that I suck at my job in the future...

I agree with your conclusion, though, I'm very happy Billy found success and something he can strive for and work hard at :) I love him so very much :) Perhaps I will ask him how he feels about school in general next year...LOL I'm just kidding :p I'll be too speechless to..Oh wait, I won't be speechless...CSIz has threatened bad things if I don't say anything...or if I say too much. You are SO mean! LOL

2. alienor

alienor Police Officer

There are a lot of very interesting articles when he was younger where we can learn a lot about him.

If I remember well, he said in one of those articles, that he did not hang out with those athlete students, so he may have been one of them, I think he was different.

He did not like studying and may have been a poor student but knowledge is not only acquired in school, he seems to have an open- minded curiosity :)

Thanks for the last reviews and photos, I'am looking forward for Gilsgal one.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  3. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

^ well, in my school student athletes weren't as bad as y'all described. lol. being one myself i've always had good grades, and i know many that weren't far behind. my school actually had the highest rate of graduating athletes in the state, but everything comes with a trade off. like for example, we weren't that great in sports, haha. ;)

anyway, great to read some of the old interviews with Billy. thanks for a recap CSIz_4_H. :)

i wonder when he'll get back to CSI. i'm thinking November sweeps. it kinda matches his schedule.

4. erep

erep Witness

Knowledge is, indeed, far more than just what can be found in the classroom. And I DO think he probably knows a lot -- if for no other reason than he comes across as curious, and playing Grissom for nine years HAS to have taught him something. Not to mention being married to Gina...

I have had a few GREAT student-athletes; they are not all dumb jocks!! I've taught at two universities with BIG sports programs, and the bigger the sports program, the harder it is for athletes to find time to be a student. I actually have a lot of sympathy for student-athletes; their practice schedules and traveling commitments leave them little time to study. I'm quite critical of how big schools try to combine athletics and academics -- but that's getting quite a bit off topic.

Billy was at University of Idaho -- right? I don't *think* that's the biggest football team that ever existed; but even so, combining sports and books can be quite a challenge. :)

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thank's for the great article CSIz that's more like it, an 'article' and his interests from his younger days. He's an enchanting man, and I guess from what I've read his acting skills are fine-tuned in his play "BLACKBIRD" and he's getting rave reviews.:thumbsup: I know he's stated many times how he 'failed miserably' in science, and than became a science geek on CSI, how ironic, and full circle in a way:thumbsup:And on Gina a home town Chicago girl, I'll bet she's thrilled to be back home. And I remember when they were married in Italy in 2004, the 1st thing out of her mouth was "I want to start a family as soon as possible" well that hasn't happened, maybe now that their home the sitituation will go in that direction~

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  6. Criminologist86

Woooow did we get off topic! LOL I liked it though...it was fun :)

Yup, Billy went to the University of Idaho, and I would have to concur on the football team comment...but with me being from Michigan and having the University of Michigan (GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!) football just 15 minutes from me, it's hard to see the other 'little guys' :p

It cracks me up how Gina keeps being brought into these sort of, academically centered discussions...heehee She has the qualifications, for sure! Anyone know what age group she taught? Those high school boys (if that's who she taught) would have loooved her :p :lol: She's gorgeous though, seriously.

Anyhoo, Billy has a show today at 3p (in about an hour!) so everyone send positive/happy/smiling vibes :) Does anyone remember when Gilsgal goes to see him? I so can't remember...it was either yesterday (2 shows, one at 5:30 & one at 8p) or this afternoon. Sorry, I'm obsessive about the schedule right now ;p

Carry on!

7. erep

erep Witness

Sorry if I got off-topic. Gave away my academic side, huh?

I know nothing about Gina's career, other than that she was a HS biology teacher in Chicago (or nearby). Yes, I am sure a HS boy or two had a serious crush to deal with...imagine learning that your "competition" was Billy! What a blow to the adolescent ego!

:) OK -- back to Billy. Of course, nothing but good wishes for his performances.

8. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Hehe, I'm glad I could bring out the importance of education in all of you. And here I thought all you would get out of it was some more Billyness.:lol: I was an athlete and I made pretty good grades myself (when I wanted to lol), but all I ever wanted to do was play sports. That really is interesting how he came to play a character like Grissom. Reading interviews like that one, you would've never thought it possible. I'm sure playing Grissom for so long, he picked up a few things. I remember watching a video where he said he catches himself picking up science magazines, whereas he would've never done that before.

9. Criminologist86

Bestie: You bring out the academic side of anyone....LOL ;) You know I love you!

erep: Wow, Gina taught HS, huh? I'm SURE the boys loooved her and probably took Biology just for her...lol "I want Gina Cirrone's class!" LOL I grew up with 2 younger brothers so I totally understand the 'hot teacher' thing...It's annoying, but I guess girls do it for the guys, too :)

As for the positive vibes, I LOVE how I can get ya'll to do it too! *WOO HOO* I'm sure he did a great job, and now he has tomorrow off, so that's good...He'll get a chance to rest and recoop before he goes back at it Tuesday- Sunday. I'm so very proud of him and the success that both he & Mattie brought to the phenomenal play :)

10. erep

erep Witness

A change in subject -- I just read the latest fan reviews over at WPAP. The one written by Liz is well-written and really thoughtful, and (of course) very positive for Billy. If you haven't read it (or the other fan reviews there), you should. She also mentions getting pics -- wonder if they'll turn up here? (I don't know if she goes on here, but that's why I'm mentioning it.) Hope that's OK. :)

11. Desertwind

Billy and Gina met many years ago, when she was I believe 22, and he was 37 & this was before CSI. She was putting herself through college and working a a local Chicago pub. he came in with a bunch of buddies, after a Cubs game, and she served him and said from what I read. 'What would you like to drink honey" He was smitten, and they've been together ever since. Married in 2004 in Italy. Both Chicago natives and big CUBBIES fans. She goes everywhere with him wouldn't you? He's quite the sportsman as well. Baseball, football, golfs, and has gone fishing and horse-back riding. Here's a some news/a some bio info. about him and his likes and dislikes~[​IMG]

http://home.att.net/~jo.an/bio.html

12. britfan

britfan Pathologist

Has anyone heard from Gilsgal? I want to know how she got on and what she thought of 'Blackbird.' Where are you, Gilsgirl! Are you all Billy-ed up somewhere??? :devil:

13. Criminologist86

Thanks for mentioning that, because I got on and read Liz's review...WOW I LOVED it...Aside from the Tribune & other reviews from newspapers & such, she has the BEST one I have read so far. (Not that mine sucked...heehee but her's was great. Mine is under 'Amberle said...' for anyone interested ;p) She did a phenomenal job. And I love how she says "Don't pester him, and don't mention CSI" I would never do that in his presence cos I can't hardly stand talking about it, either...Anyways, thanks for saying something!!

I really miss my GG and I'm sure she's fine....she was supposed to ring me though, so I'm a bit worried....but I'm sure she's ok. ..I'm EXCITED to hear from her too :) Still cheerin' you on, girl!! <3 ya!

14. Desertwind

I read on another site that WP LOVES talking about CSI, so I think that's a bit off the mark and gilsgal where are you, we want to hear how your visit went in Chicago, and of course the play:confused: are you still on vacation? hurry up and tell us:p so his play ends next week and then he's free till 2010, nice vacation time:)

15. Criminologist86

People who have said that were physically at the play, and actually heard his tone of voice, read his body language, and heard his voice, so I think they would know how he feels about CSI...I can't blame him for not wanting to talk about it- it's his past....and the most recent interview I have heard from him, he is merely going back to QUOTE "check on the guys"....I wouldn't doubt eyewitness accounts of his lack of desire to talk about CSI. ...:thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.