William/Grissom: The Hottness of Lucky #13

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by WP_Rocks_MY_World, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poppylvsgriss

poppylvsgriss Police Officer

Just regarding the posts above - we're not stalkers - we're just all getting hot under the collar cos we have seen him. In real life. And because of that, we're all just a little, well, very excitable at the minute and want to discuss that fine figure of a man. And his body..........:p We're just having a laugh and a bit of fun!!

And regarding not respecting him........ we all very much respect that man. A great deal. When we met him, we were polite and repectful and left him quickly, not wanting to bother him too much. I very much resent the fact that I, we, have been accused of not respecting him. So what if we squeeed afterwards? It doesn't harm anyone.

Is this thread not called 'the hottness of'?? Does that not indicate that we can discuss his hottness without being accused of not respecting him?? I accept that we can't get too smutty, and that's fair enough. I assume that the george, gary, eric threads just discuss films they've been in? Or how talented they are? They don't discuss their looks or, for example, how good they look in a particular pair of pants? hmmmmmm.......

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  2. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

VERY well said, PLG! Just because we all do get hot under the collar (great way to put it!) every now and again doesn't mean we lack any respect or appreciation for Billy. I think in some way, our insanity over his body comes from the fact that we do respect him so much. My brother respects his fiancee a LOT, but he comments on her body or how pretty she looks or her outfit choice....One doesn't exclude the other.

And yes, seeing him in PERSON is SO totally different than seeing him through your television. It leaves such a different impression on you...it really does impact you for life (I think, personally). I think people who have seen him up close just have a whole different view on him, to a certain extent.

Billy has the most respect of any actor I have ever liked; he's the top of the top...He's impacted my career choice because he played a guy named Gil Grissom on CSI and made me realize nursing wasn't for me; law enforcement/CSI was. It's pretty hard not to want to go crazy when he's made that kind of a change in your life.

ALL of that being said, clearly none of us disrespect that man at all, and the aspect of the 'hotness' came out a little too smutty, and we accept that, but that doesn't mean that we disrespect or don't have any other side to our affection for Billy, other than his sex appeal, to put it bluntly.

WELL said, PLG!!! VERY well said! <3

3. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

Glad you guys got to meet him :)

Seriously, people need to help me out next April cos I don't think I can cope with a 3rd trip over and not meeting him (or meeting him and him actually being nice in return :) ). :scream: :(

Probably to late for Gilsgal to see this - but hope you have a safe journey and a great time in Chicago!

4. Criminologist86

I'll go with you!!!

CSIz and I are actually looking for people from the boards to meet us in Chicago/go with us to the play, so if you're interested, PM me :)
    I really need people with me, too....I will LOSE it if for some odd reason, we don't get to meet him in 2010....Totally LOSE it.....*sigh* I'm sure it'll happen though...I have quite a bit of confidence...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY GG!!! It's SO VERY CLOSE to time, girl! I'm SO PSYCHED for you!! *GAAAH*
    Good luck tonight at 7:30 Billy (and Mattie)!!! We're all thinking about you :)

5. erep

erep Witness

I'm glad you got to meet him, and I do realize the forum is called "Hotness" and that some of the fun here is discussing in glorious detail how much everybody thinks he's so great and so beautiful and so hot.

And I do believe you when you say you respect him. BUT talking about his anatomy in such detail makes your assumed "respect" seem disrespectful. That's all I was trying to get across. It's how you ended up APPEARING, not what I actually think you ARE.

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thank you, he's a classy guy, and has impeccable manners, and would probably be apalled and roll his eys at some of these comments. How about his acting abilities, and a little less about his anatomy. I love him too, but the PM idea works. Not all of use were fortunate enough to see him, and really are not interested in vivid detail about his body parts:( But a little more about his performance:)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  7. Criminologist86

That's fine, and I think those of us involved all understand where youguys are coming from, as well as us, and it has been resolved, so shall we move on? :)

GG: I really hope you get to meet him!! DETAILS, woman! Regardless of whether you meet him or not, I want all the details :)
    I really really hope you enjoy Chicago :)

PS- who is going to Endgame next year? Anyone know what exactly the plot/point of the play is? I think bf said she does...

8. poppylvsgriss

poppylvsgriss Police Officer

You're time will come GF, my dude. Don't fret. :thumbsup: Just do what we did and you will meet him. I hope. You deserve it.

Crim - yeah BF will tell you all about it. She'll give you a lecture on it! rofl!

9. Criminologist86

GF: I know how you feel, and I do share your feelings....I couldn't survive trip 6 to Chicago without seeing him (ok, trip 2 if you count the ones when I went specifically for him), as couldn't CSIz. We already feel like epic failure fans and I think another defeated trip would ruin us....However, we have TOTAL confidence we WILL meet him....We are MAKING it happen!! We'll talk to whoever we have to, stand wherever we have to, rain or shine (I have no problem getting soaked if it means meeting him), thunderstorms or not. We ARE going to meet him!!!

How's that for a pep talk?

BF: Break that play down for me! Tell me what it's about, what the characters' deal is...I don't understand any of it!

PS (for anyone who has seen 'Blackbird' thus far) Did anyone sit close enough to smell cologne? I read a review by someone who says they could smell it on Billy (wouldn't surprise me) but I was just curious if anyone else had noticed....Sorry, I'll go back to my cage now. *goes back to cage*

Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
  10. britfan

britfan Pathologist

Is this a wind up??

Go back and read what I put originally when I posted in Chicago. When you meet someone, you pick out the comedy parts to post and enjoy with like minded individuals. I could have posted something extremely dull. But no, I used something we Brits have called 'a sense of humour.' It lightens things up to make life that little bit more enjoyable.

At no stage did I disrespect him, slap his backside, shout, 'Oi Billy, give us a feel!' I ran my hand down his back. That's it. We did not stalk, chase, run after, jump on or tackle him to the ground or pap him. He spoke to us first, we exchanged in a conversation, we asked if things were OK having a photo with him. HE invited us under his brolly, HE made sure we were comfortable, HE told us to go and get warm and dry. We did not chase him down the alley screaming after him.

You will also note, those of you who claim we have not posted about his performance, that's exactly what we did in the lobby of the hotel in Chicago. We, or more expressly, I, talked about how Mattie Hawkinson reduced him to rubble. I commented on his responses to her speeches, his cat and mouse games round the set, which I said Dennis Zacek had directed exceptionally to wring out every 'nuance' from Billy's performance. It's there. Read it.

Sorry about the rant. I just can't believe what I've read!

Furthermore, if you have a problem with anything I post, I would prefer you pM-ed me rather than asking Destiny to be involved, so we can sort it like adults.

I apologise if I over stepped the mark with this, especially to you, Destiny, as I realise you are only doing your job. But honestly!

Crim, I'll tell you everything you want to know about 'Endgame,' if I am not thrown off the board for this moment of self expression!

11. Criminologist86

bf: Break it down for me, girl! Break it down! Tell me ALL about 'Endgame' so I know what I'm getting into :)
    I'm VERY excited to see if Billy grows his beard back for this play...I REALLY hope he will..Oh I'd be so happy ;P
    Have you calmed down from meeting him yet? LOL CSIz and I are threatening each other with embarrassing information we'll 'accidentally' bring up in front of him if one of us misbehaves...LOL We're excited :)

GG: I miss you! I hope you're having FUN FUN FUN :)

12. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Destiny's reminder posts (there were two) stated that "people" had contacted the mods about this, not one specific poster. She referred posters to the rules (which are not new) and asked politely that it be turned down a bit. The request was acknowledged and accepted by the posters, and we appreciate it.

If you can work disagreements out among yourselves, that's great. But everyone is welcome and encouraged to contact a mod if they feel they need help with anything. No one should be made to feel uncomfortable here for any reason.

Carry on. :)

13. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I came across this old magazine I have called Illinois Entertainer with Billy on the cover from March 1989 and it's got a great interview with him talking about the theater, how involved he is with it, and how he went from being a jock to an actor. He said, "The only reason I was in school was to play ball." (I think all athletes feel this way..at least I did:lol:) "Our advisers in the athletic department said, 'You gotta keep your grade point up, so we want you to take some of these'--the more bonehead classes. So they had me takin' stagecraft, which was like, you just paint the sets...stuff that I'd get an automatic A in just by showin' up." After he had been there for awhile they started using him as an actor as well as a techie "cause they didn't have enough guys in that department". That's when it says he started falling in love with acting. "I thought, 'God, this is a kick. This is like, you can have everything you get from football--competition and the challenge of working together to create something--but you can get so much more. It was like all the best of what football or basketball had ever been when we won." It also goes on to mention how he worked as a logger in the forests of Idaho (I'm getting the whole flannel shirt, jeans, boots image here:devil:), a newspaper publicity man, pumping gas, occasionally acting in various local college shows. I love what he said in regarding the college shows. He said, "You had to be in school to do it, and I wasn't, so I told them I was a major in the Phys Ed department." :lol:

I just thought I'd share this with ya'll. You gotta love this guy!:adore:

14. Criminologist86

I know you just read this to me over the phone, but I LOVE it!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: So so so cute and SO Billy! I had no clue he was a logger! God, I'm getting a Manhunter (facial) image here...except fuller beard and, like you said, flannel (godawful flannel) and jeans/boots getup....Not totally turning me on but it could work ;)

I can't identify with not liking school..I was an athlete (competitive swimming for 2 years til I blew my shoulder out and was forced to have surgery) but I loved school....I still do :) But I can certainly see Billy loathing sitting through Calculus (did he even ever take that class? EWW it's awful) or Biology...How ironic he'd play Gil Grissom, who probably lived and breathed school (surely not the social aspect but definitely the learning)...Too funny.

Billy, you're the BEST! :adore:

GG *insert cheerleading smilie here* I'm still cheering you on :)

15. erep

erep Witness

I saw that article a long time ago, and I thought it was a hoot.

If you think it's ironic that he played Grissom, think how ironic it is that he married a high school biology teacher! Bet there've been some funny discussions at the dinner table...

As a college professor, I've had these types of students -- athletes who need to keep their grades up and (stupidly) take my classes, thinking that they are easy "As." (My classes aren't theater-related and definitely don't involve painting anything.) Some of the conversations between student-athlete and professors are hilarious (and exasperating). The important thing? He found something he loved, learned to commit himself to hard work, and found success. Unfortunately, a lot of student-athletes end up dropping out of school and NOT finding success. He's one of the lucky ones, for so many reasons!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.