'Miami' Creates A World That Is 'Both Real And Unreal'

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Jul 31, 2009.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

Executive producer <font color=yellow>Sunil Nayar</font> said <I>CSI: Miami</I> stands out from the other members of the <I>CSI</I> franchise while still showing respect toward the rest of the family.<p>"Navigating a show like <I>CSI: Miami</I> is not unlike commanding a ship in a fleet," Nayar told <A class="link" HREF="http://www.theage.com.au/">The Age</a>. "Its obligation to the bigger <I>CSI</I> franchise is almost like the obligation one feels towards one's siblings." He added, "Franchise isn't a bad word; it's just the business word for family. We want all three shows to succeed."<p><I>Miami</I> has a tone and colour palette that sets it apart from <I>CSI: Crime Scene Investigation</I> and <I>CSI: New York</I>. "We want the show to be visually stunning and to feel saturated," he explained. "The best kind of escapism is when you see the world you live in but in a very different way. We want to create a Miami that is both real and unreal and we approach our stories in the same way."<p>At the center of <I>Miami</I> is the show's main character, Horatio Caine (<font color=yellow>David Caruso</font>). "David Caruso is such an iconic hero and I think that's one of the fundamental ideas of the show: that when the sun comes up, here is this man standing in favour of those who have no voices for themselves," Nayar said. "For that reason, there has been little change to the nature of Horatio Caine in the show's seven-year life. You can't tinker too much with heroes."<p>The stunts are the main aspect of <I>Miami</I> that has changed over the course of the series, Nayar explained. "When you have people with such ability, who can pull off blowing up a house or dragging a crane through a building — when 'no' becomes an answer you almost never hear — you get bigger and crazier," he said. "<font color=yellow>Emily Procter</font> [who plays Calleigh Duquesne] said a great thing to me once: she said what she loved about the show is that it makes the implausible possible. I think that is a perfect way to describe it; from the insane nature of the crimes but also in terms of something as simple as the sky, which you're suddenly seeing in a different way."<p>The original article is from <A class="link" HREF="http://www.theage.com.au/news/entertainment/tv--radio/ode-to-mother-ship/2009/07/29/1248546760568.html">The Age</a><center></center>

2. koshi700

koshi700 Dead on Arrival

Well, they got the unreal part down. :rolleyes: They might want to work on the REAL part of it though. :shifty:

And sadly I have to disagree about Horatio, I think he's changed a lot since the beginning. A) He used to be human instead of SuperH. B) He used to have these things.....I can't think of what they are.....oh right...... FACIAL EXPRESSIONS. Now he's like a cardboard cut out with little to no reaction to what is going on around him. I still love H, It's not Miami without him, but I strongly disagree that he hasn't changed.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  3. Fiorella

Fiorella Hit and Run

I totally agree with you.