Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

OH HURRAH! SARA'S BACK! Now there can be even MORE competition for screen time.

Honestly....Isn't there enough work to do on CSI without adding Sara into the mix? I mean, don't start one job before you finish another. I had hope that this season they'd get to work on their methods and patch things up. But mleh, I guess not!

Oh my, I can't wait to see what adventures Sara has had since her departure! Even though it really feels to me like she just left. =/ Probably because when tptb try to get rid of someone, they can't actually get rid of them. They make them leave then bring them in and out of the picture every 3 episodes.

Blahhhhh! I'm a lil tweaked, yeah. No animosty towards sara personally, but I'm just feeling like we're running in little circles here and it's quite frustrating. I also hoped Greggo would get some development this season but mlah, guess not? And when he does they'll have him trip over his own shoelaces or get sued again.

2. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

*scratches head*

I just don't get the "Sara helping Catherine" thing. I really don't. IMHO the team in the second half of season 9 felt much more like a family than the team in the first half of season 9 which was obviously broken. Catherine did a good job bringing her team together already. I don't understand how TPTB think the return of Sara, who's not part of that team anymore, could help her. And last time I checked, Catherine was the people person and Sara, in contrast, was the lone, off one.

I don't know. I think I'm starting to feel bad for the current cast, especially Marg. As much as I love Catherine and seeing Marg on TV weekly, maybe I'd rather she left.

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Sadly, Erica, I'm starting to feel the same way about George and I have to wonder if Eric's fans feel somewhat the same. How do you guys feel..

4. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

How does this work out for Laurence Fishburne? I imagine that his contract calls for lots of leading man time. If the focus gets skewed over to Sara, what will be left for him. Does Sara straighten his character out too? :shifty:

LaSquisita

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I think everyone is jumping to conclusions, we have no idea why this character is coming back. It must have been something really overwhelming & powerful to temp Jorja and her character Sara to appear once again, & for this suprising development, I bet everone will be very stunned and be glad. The other team members Cath, Nick,[ who was featured in ["Turn Turn Turn"] Greg will still be a strong force as always, after all, they did sign on again... And LF as Dr. Langston as well. I wished I was a a little bug on the wall in the studio, then I could tell you all what's happening, till then just be patient~

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

We have been patient, particularly the George fans and the Eric fans-especially the Eric fans. How much more patient do you want us to be? Sara was the sole focus of the show for several seasons. We were hoping those two dudes would finally get a story.

Guess not.

I would hate to see George Eads leave the show, but seeing him on there being shoved to the background for several seasons has just left a bad taste in my mouth. It's not fair.

But as a writer from Torchwood said, and you can read my signature. It's not a democracy, sadly.

7. Remmy

Remmy Victim

8. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

You all wanted this thread open, it's open, but keep in mind this is about discussing the spoilers and the characters, not the actors or how little/more screen time so and so is getting.
    Also keep in mind if you don't like a character that is fine, but others may, lets be respectful of that please.
    Do We have to shut this down and allow you all to get familiar with the page one rules again? Cause we can do that.
    Debating is one thing, arguing is another. We are trying to give you guys some leeway as there aren't alot of spoilers out just yet. But calm down and please chill out.

Thank you. ;)

9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I don't often come out of lurking here, but all this doesn't sit too well with me either. I have nothing against Jorja or Sara -& on one hand I can see where tptb are desperately searching for anything to brink back the ratings - however, imo, it isn't going to work - I feel like they're standing on their last leg here, & I worry for Marg & George. I do believe it was Marg who commented in an interview some time ago that the only way she would stick it out with Catherine is if tptb actually gave her something to do, & I've heard George on one occasion sound bored in always having to come in & play the same ol' scenes. The fact that they're bringing in Sara to be part of an arc, & also the fact that they're bending more towards Langston/Fishburne - I just can't see how any of this makes the other actors happy or content, namely Marg & George. I truly feel for them, & their fans, Greg's as well.
    Hopefully, tptb can manage & spread out the stories for Greg, Nick, & Catherine, but it doesn't sound too promising.

Edit: Sorry, Destiny, my thoughts came out before your post. Delete if need be. Carry on with the spoilers...

10. Desertwind

I totally agree Remmy they all read scripts and do what their told, with maybe the exception of WP, he may tell them what to do at times. And here's an article from the latest EW Magazine with Naren Shankar and Carol Mendolsohn talking, and it's a postive article, and is good about the whole team. If this isn't the right place for this Destiny or Smokey let me know but it does pertain somewhat to why Sara is returning.

ARTICLE

Courtesy of JAA~

11. Remmy

Remmy Victim

Cath and Sara may have had their arguments. but when Cath was attacked in Built to Kill it was Sara she called So I think they got over it.

Lady Heather That would be the cherry on the cake.

12. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

In attempt to turn down some of the heat here:
    I'm hoping Greg'll get something nice and new this season.
    Doesn't anyone here want to meet his mom? I've been kinda itchin to meet her after fannysmackin'. :lol:

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

No, I don't want to meet his mom. I want to meet Grampa Olaf! He sounds like a very interesting character. :lol:

14. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

CM did say the theme this season was 'family', so maybe that will happen. Maybe we meet the families of all the CSI's. I think I would like to meet whoever spawned Hodges.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  15. Desertwind

Yeah Grandpa Olaf:lol: so we've seen Nick's folks and Cath's, and who elses? Not Grissom's mom, nor Sara's, nor any of the rest of the teams, that would be an interesting concept to see some of the other teams parents. Maybe the writers have that up their sleeves~

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.