The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #22

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by love_fan, Jul 12, 2009.

1. CSI_Sanders

CSI_Sanders Civilian

This forth is great !

I'm so happy I found people to be crazy (that's how, i'm called) with, about The Love.

I started as a Greg Sanders' Fan and for several weeks now, I'm Greg/Nick Fan and I totally blame MsMaggs for that (God, she's a great writter !)

I'm trying to catch up with the previous posts in the Forth 21, I don't want to bring up the same old topics you already discussed.

For the interview, I laughed out LOUD when he called him George Szmanda :guffaw:, and for the thing with "A WOMAN", I think, IMO, George is not comfortable with an open talk or a canon story between Nick and Greg, but he's fine with feeding the subtext. Which is enough for me, at least.

The dummie Thing, that was hilarious, LoneWolfe001. I never saw it that way. :evil:

I'll just go read the other threat because I'm obsessed *cough* I mean bored. :shifty:

2. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

LoneWolfe- I never noticed the dummy stuff either! Great find! Now that's what I call subtext (apologies for clichés).

I always wondered about that 'Burked' scene. Definitely a Love moment. Thanks for pointing it out, PraetorCorvinus, and I love your explanation, Love_Fan.

CSI_Sanders, I am lol-ing at what you said about MsMaggs. I was on the fence about the Love at first. I started off as a Sandle fan and, more than anything, a Greg fan, but, as GSR progressed and I started to notice things I didn't like about Sandle, I wanted to get into the Love. I read quite a few other NG fics, including some really, really good ones, but could never just get a feel for the relationship. Then I read MsMaggs and started feeling the Love. *sigh* As far as I'm concerned, that is the Harry Potter of NickGreg fanfiction. I also love MsMaggs for introducing other things in her fics. Normally, I hate references to other aspects of pop culture (especially songfics) in stories, but I loved MsMaggs' use of songs and am so so grateful to her for mentioning 'Queer as Folk' and Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons multiple times, since her references are what got me to check those out.

I know we were doing lists before to stay active. In the hopes of continuing that, what are some of your top 3 Love moments that could have been? (So, basically, what are some scenes that could very easily have turned into Love scenes, and how would those scenes have worked out?) Hope that makes sense.

Also, I wanted to post the two beautiful banners that CSIFann1 made for me for the Summer Fanart Gift Exchange:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
  3. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Welcome to the Fort CSI_Sanders! It's good to see new people here!

Almost forgot to tell you how thrilled I am about your friend at work, DFraMacKey! Things like that make me believe in the Love even more because they tell me that it's not me obsessing but that there are people who don't know about subtext and stuff and still see the Love!

Ah, the dummies. Yeah, I noticed that!

About your question, HappyHarper, hm, I think that the scene in Bull, where they talked to the wedding chapel lady had a lot more potential. They'd only had to show her given them her card, saying something along the line like "Here, maybe I'll see you two soon," or something like that. The way Nick held that card and both sat so closely together always looked pretty couply to me.

I bet I can think of more episodes but right now I'm too tired, so ... ;)

4. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Hmm...my top 3 Love moments that could have been? Off the top of my head:

1. I-15 Murders: Greg: "My saliva's getting on you, your saliva's getting on me..."
    Nick: "Gross"
    Greg: "That's not what you thought this morning.":devil:

2. Play With Fire: A scene with Nick in the hospital with Greg...holding hands

3. Rashomama: Nick: "No, that's not what a wedding is. It's a public declaration of love."
    Nick looks at Greg and smiles. Greg blushes and smiles back with a wink. Subtle but brilliant.

5. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

Does anybody have pics of the dummies? Seabird?

6. BrokenSmile93

BrokenSmile93 Dead on Arrival

Are you trying to make the admins upset? ;)

PraetorCorvinus
    Those are very good examples! I especially like the one about swapping spit!!! :devil:
    So cute! And yes brilliant! YAY PAGE 2!

DUDES WEIRD STORY! I was watching CSI with my mom and my sister and out of nowhere she goes, "Word on the street is that both of them are a couple." And I sprang up saying "What word? What street? Who told you?!" I was completely surprised that someone else in my family knew about them! Besides my other sister that I told I had no idea!!!! I love that people know!!!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  7. CSI-Fan3

CSI-Fan3 Victim

Ooh, the first one is very evil :) And the second one is definately something we should have seen, in Play With Fire, or Fannysmackin', either one of those would have been good. And I really like the last one, subtle but to the point.

I found some pictures of the dummies in earlier threads:
    Nick and a dummy
    Greg and a dummy
    There are probably more, but this was all I found.

8. PraetorCorvinus

I thought of doing one for Fannysmackin'. I felt the Jaw Clench of Love was perfect enough, however. It said all that needed to be said about Nick's feelings:) All in all, in was hard to choose just three. Scuba Doobie Doo, Bad Words, and Gum Drops were my next choices. I might add them later...

9. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

Welcome to the newbies and congrats on the new Fort! Yeah, The Love is as strong as always! :thumbsup:

The boys and the dummies. Now that's a great theme ;)

In "Big Middle", seeing Greg lying in a bed, under a NAKED MALE HANDSOME dummy with short dark hair:devil: ...well if this isn't pure subtext, I don't know what it is :lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And regarding Nick and dummies, if there was still any doubt that he is "an ass man" (*points to her icon*) .....

[​IMG]

Nick admitting that he is an ass man, always reminds me of Neil Patrick Harris ("How I Met Your Mother") who is openly gay and also admitted being an "ass man". Of course, he is. Just like Nick :devil:

10. lal

lal Pathologist

11. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

Ok, I haven't been here for awhile, but I wanted to know if there have been significant Love moments since Grissom left. I have to admit I haven't watched CSI eversince, but that's for personal reasons.

P.S.: Those pics are really cute, lal!

12. PraetorCorvinus

There weren't too many episodes that had interaction between Nick and Greg, unfortunately. The two that come to mind are Turn, Turn, Turn where there is a scene in flashback that has them processing a motel room. I recall that there was some witty banter there. The other was Hog Heaven, though I forget the actual nature of the scene they were in. I do remember a car explosion, however.

There were probably others, but I haven't watched any of these eps since they first aired. Sorry.

13. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

Their scenes together in "Turn Turn Turn" were just too cute ;)

"The Night Shift" was a good Nick/Greg episode too. Nick shared his new office with Greg (and Riley), I just wish they had showed more of it.

I think that in season 10, they should stop pretending and put the boys together in all the dinner/restaurant/cafe scenes because they may end having torticollis, trying to look at each other while ignoring the person who is sitting between them :lol:

The Grave Shift:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, Stokes4Me made these amazing caps from a very similar scene in "Miscarriage of Justice":

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

happyharper posed a good question so I'll give it a shot :D

3 Love Scenes I wish had happened:

1. For Gedda - Nick and Greg sit beside each other at Warrick's funeral.

2. Chasing the Bus - Nick gives Greg his jacket.

3. Grave Danger - Greg gets into the ambulance instead of Warrick.

*sigh* such simple little things that mean soooo much. Not that I'm complaining about the Love moments we *have* had!!

I'll probably be thinking about this now, and coming up with more 'could have beens'. Because, you know, thinking about the Love makes me happy :D.

15. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

3 love scenes I wish had happened, I'll get into this one.

1) I would have loved to see Nick visit Greg in the hospital both after Play with fire and FannySmackin.

2) Some more emotion from Greg during Grave Danger. we got emotion from everyone else but as usual Greg was ignored.

3) I have to think some more before I post a third one...