Sara Sidle Returns

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Jul 18, 2009.

1. m1304m

m1304m Dead on Arrival

Finally the producers got into their heads that putting a newcomer in the forefront (even though he is an Oscar Nominee) and pushing the original cast to the background did not sit well with fans of CSI.

It is obvious that they are bringing back Jorja Fox in the hope of salvaging their ratings and viewership. The 200th episode was a letdown.

Season 9’s finale was pure mediocre, many CSI fans swearing not to watch the premier of Season 10. The original cast had great chemistry, since Langston’s entry, the original cast members seem to have faded away into the background.

I am abit baffled on how they intend to play out Sara Sidle’s role in Season 10. Didn’t she leave Grissiom twice, not because she had an argument with him but because she refuse to live in Vegas and could no longer work as a CSI anymore – as crimes were increasing and she could not face death anymore.

As she told Greg in “For Warrick” that when she was living in Vegas, she will empty her trashcan before leaving the house but now she does not live in Vegas, she doesn’t do it anymore. On the other hand, if it was a social call it is understandable. Catherine did tell Eckley in Season 9 Episode 11, that Grissom could not sell his house. Maybe they are back to close up the place.

Most probably Grissiom is in town for some lectures and she pays the team a visit. Catching up on old times and telling them what she and Grissiom have been doing since leaving Vegas.

It is obvious we will not be seeing William Petersen any sooner; it is most probably she will be on the phone with him every now and then, since she is going to appear for a number of episodes on the other hand they can’t be keeping Grissiom on the phone all the time.

Sooner or later and hopefully Grissiom will make an appearance – and that will send rating through the roof!! The title family affair could mean many things - but I think it is referring to the CSI team, since they have always considered their team as a work family.

I am neutral when it comes to GSR but I did love Dessert Winds interpretation Family Affair, it made me smile and yes it was stunning!! Thank you, I share the same sentiments.

Yes, I am a diehard fan of Grissom, I rather he have someone in his life than be a loner and a workaholic. It is obvious that Grissom and Sara will always be a couple.

Electra: “Maybe she will give Catherine and Nick a well deserved apology” Did I miss an episode of CSI, should it not be the other way round – In Season 7 Catherine ganged up with the Sheriff and a new comer to pull wool over the eyes of her team , and as for Nick, he and Sara always got along well.

It is obvious that the producers will do anything to bring up viewership and ratings. I would not be surprise if the resurrect Warrick. That I would really love to see happen, I really miss the character Warrick Brown.

By the way, dear producers please do not bring Lady Heather back. The plots are ridiculous. Many people associated to her were found murdered, selling her life for six figures “what a joke”, from a dominatrix to a sex therapist? What’s next? A TEA LADY? It is obvious she makes good tea or else Grissom won’t be enjoying it every time he visits her.

Anyway announcing that Jorja Fox is returning as already guaranteed an increase in ratings. I bet that eve those who despise and even those who make derogatory remarks of GSR will tune in to watch the premier.

That is what I call showbiz!!

I have a better idea to boost ratings, get rid of Langston and Riley’s character, and stick to what is left of the original cast, with Grissom and Sara making occasional appearances. I am sure the ratings will be acceptable.

“Nostalgia literally means a pain from an old wound. It is a twitch more powerful than memory alone. It takes us to a place where we ache to go again. A place where we know we are loved”Mad Men

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Are you sure it will increase ratings?

I'm not so sure. In fact, I highly doubt it. The ratings didn't go down much when she did leave. They went down after Grissom left but that was to be expected.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  3. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Gotta tell you, I much prefer the new CSI to Seasons 6-8

I like Langston and Riley. Catherine is awesome as the boss.

And I like Lady Heather.

That being said, I don't want to start a fight, but I don't like it when people say "most CSI fans" like this, or "most CSI fans" not watching Season 10.

Unless you KNOW every single CSI fan in the world and that most of them feel this way - step back. There are quite a few people that are starting to watch the show again and like it the way it is.

Just saying.

4. Remmy

Remmy Victim

Obviously the makers of CSI want Jorja back for a specific storyline, So she must be on good terms with the show runners. I don't see why she should be criticised for this.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

She's on good terms with Carol M. as far as I know. We dont know what the relationship is like with EVERY writer.

6. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Like I said, she was smart and didn't burn her bridges. Doesn't mean she should be able to come back when her "career post-CSI" didnt pan out as planned.

7. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

Thing is, she didn't leave CSI in order to do "bigger and better things" or to become a "superstar". She left CSI because she was tired and wanted to surf and be an activist and produce plays, and do all that stuff that hippie people does. Last time Sara/Jorja fans checked, she has been succeeding at those things.

On the other hand, CSI's ratings don't correspond to the cost of making each episode (and paying Lawrence Fishbourne's salary). And every good GSR or Sara fan knows that CM never liked her or GSR (David Rambo and Sarah Goldfinger are the ones who've always liked it), she only started to like her when she realized her name was spelled $ara $idle, and the ship was spelled G$R. Otherwise, no matter how many planes, letters, petitions, suggestions, fake dollars, etc... a "small but vocal group of fans" had sent, none of it would have happened, or it would have ended baaaadly.

Even in that interview with Ausiello, TPTB basically implied that there was indeed a ratings slide, and that was the reason why they called her to make an appearance (as opposed to the other way around).

Personally, I'm thrilled to see Sara back - as long as the GSR's fine and they don't mess with it, that is. I don't mind them not mentioning or referring to it at all, as long as TPTB don't mess with their happy ending. I want Sara/Greg scenes, I think we've been robbed of those - they're supposedly BFFs, aren't they?

Besides, we really don't know what wil happen. Maybe Sara will be the bridge TPTB'll use to bring the reestablish the remaining original cast as the leads of the show, one never knows.

8. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

You see, the problem I have is with TPTB. They refuse to have any faith in GE, MH, or ES. What that is saying to their fans is, that they have a general interest in Sara, Grissom and the GSR...thing. Meanwhile, they are also saying that none of the other actors could possibly carry a show. Not to mention, she's going to be in the premiere? WTF. Please, take more attention from the remaining actors who STAYED WITH THE SHOW THE WHOLE TIME!

9. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

^

ITA in the fact that TPTB made the biggest mistake by not having faith in the remaining original cast to carry on the show.

They said it a long time ago. In fact, they said it and sang it and put it in a big, shiny, glittery neon billboard on top of the "HOLLYWOOD" sign the precise moment they hired Lawrence Fishbourne to replace Grissom. So, basically Ray Langston is to blame, not Sara Sidle (character-wise, of course. Obviously the writers are the ones to blame). Her coming back is the proposed remedy, not the disease.

10. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

A remedy? Yes, because Jorja Fox/Sara is the antedote to crappy writing? They have no faith in the remaining cast because they feel that GSR and/or Sara/Grissom is the only reason people watch the show. All I have to say is GE, MH and ES dealt with the ebb and flow of the rough season, meanwhile, JF left and now gets to come back, and her character gets to fix all of the things TPTB jacked up? Great job giving respect to the ones that stayed behind.

11. Remmy

Remmy Victim

I agree looks like things are going quite well for her. She left as a regular cast member and now is a recuring character.

Robert David Hall said Jorja is happy as a clam.

12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Lots of actors do those things and never quit their day jobs. Like Oprah!

13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

CSI was her day job:confused: and she has done all the things she's said she wanted to do, minus having baby. And remember the CSI people love her:thumbsup: all of them, on and off the set. Maybe she returned because the pastures weren't that green for now, maybe to please her millions of fans who clamored for her to return. And maybe the team of her friends the CSI buds wanted her to return. So, they'll be thrilled to see her return[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  14. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

HEY, I like dull, especially when it doesn't include arguing, bickering and well okay stopping there. :p
    Besides I get lucky enough not to have this forum. ;) Now if you mean LV, hey as long as it pertains to the story, character, etc in the spoiler lab, DISCUSSING awesome, other not so much. Otherwise it just gets routed to SC, who may have a boring day scheduled *Waits for them to check that schedule* :lol:

On another note, I could see if she left in season 4-6 like that and then comes back once or twice in say seasons 8 - now 10. I have nothing against the actress/character, it's just that when people (any actor/character of any show) leave then come back, leave then come back, it makes you wonder did they really leave? and have they really come back? Actually it would be no on each count.
    I don't ship so I really can't speak to that situation, did I like it? not really. Did I hate it? not really lol. I really didn't care one way or the other. But I respect those who do. But imo a ship on any show is a mole hill, the problem is when it is magnified into a mountain, a two minute scene could see to some like 30 minutes, and to others 30 seconds, it's perception.

But then this is all my opinion and well it's a tv show so my advice step back, breath, and don't take it so seriously. Though you have to wonder if they are all paid to cause arguments. :p:guffaw:

15. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Couldn't say it better myself. The question is, in order for Sara Sidle to "Return" she had to of left first, which she really didn't do. Same goes for Gil.

To the JF fans, sincere congrats are in order. I would be just as excited if GE or MH had left and come back. I'm happy for you guys. I think it's just the manner in which she is being brough back that is really angering people.:confused: