Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. das576

das576 Hit and Run

Oh man this doesn't make me happy!! I don't want E/C tension or drama. Why can't these 2 get a break?

2. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

As much as I love Eric and Calleigh as a couple it's a bit too much even for me. I really don't want to watch a big drama with them in a main role. I hope it's not a big deal and it doesn't mean there'll be more problems between them later. Just leave them alone and focus on the others, please.

3. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

4. Ayana

Ayana Hit and Run

:lol: Haha thats really funny what Calleigh said about bald men being sexy made Frank shave his head. So that means the scenes with ryan running into Speed will be cut from the script and replaced with something else so its safe to assume changes to the script are being made or have been made since filming started a couple days ago. Since speed not coming back I really hope Alexx is I miss her.

5. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

There was a subtle change to the script with regards to who teenage Ryan would run into. I was waiting for confimation about Cochrane before I said something and since it has been confirmed that he will not be returning....

The scene has been tweaked to Calleigh running into a teenage Ryan. He is lost and asks for directions. Cal tells him she is new to the place too and really isn't too sure where the morgue but hopes he finds his group and that she has to go b.c she is working on a case.

Keep in mind that "teenage" Ryan is supposed to be played by an actor who looks like a young Jonathan Togo.....Togo will NOT be playing the role himself.

It has been confirmed that Khandi Alexander will be reprising her role of Alexx Woods in the season premiere. She is in the present time as well as the flashbacks.

Always remember that spoilers are subject to change from when they are announced to when the ep actually airs.....and believe me, they almost always do!

6. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

So it looks like they're not wrapping up the E/C romance just yet. Who coulda saw that coming? :rolleyes:

Well anyway, here's to an eventful looking couple of episodes.

7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I had a bad feeling this was happening. Thank you FFF for asking Ausiello though, & no thanks to tptb for getting up our hopes & then never confirming his return. I sure hope they had a back-up script for this event & didn't re-write it at the last minute.

There there honey. This is tptb, they don't ever completely wrap this kind of stuff up in just one episode - they drag out the "are they over or aren't they" just as much as the "will they won't they" garbage -- fun for them, agonizing for us.

On a happier note, I can't wait to get screencaps of Frank & his comb-over so I can make funny icons with it. :lol:

8. delkolover

What irks me is that they put the spoilers out for the ep with him in them when they didn't have confirmation that he would even be in the ep!! They got all our hopes up and personally think this ep will be that much harder to pull off w/o him. They didn't ask Kim Delaney to come back and were simply going to mention she is off somewhere....so how the hell do they expect to do a flashback ep w/o Speed when in fact he was the one who worked with H longest??? What r they going to say he off with Megan on assignment?? :rolleyes: It is hard to do flashback eps when a show is this established and then have the nerve to expect the fans to throw everything they pretty much know to be true and fact about the show out the window just to make it work! :shifty: I hope they make a believer out of me and make me eat my following words,

this ep is either going to be great or an absolute train wreck!!

On the upside, I absolutely can't wait to see Frank with a comb over!! :lol: That will most definately go down as a classic moment in my book.

9. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

My thoughts exactly! They should never have gotten our hopes up. They really should know Rory better, don't ya think?! I agree on all your points and while I wish Rory would have come back for this epi I am really mad at TPTB for getting my hopes up without valid reason. :scream:

10. delkolover

I mean it is possible that they thought he would say yes...but if they wren't sure or were waiting they simply could have put the spoilers out without his scenes with H and put Cal in some of his scenes (as they have now done) and then when he agreed added and changed the scenes!! They change them soo damn often anyway it wouldn't have mattered! Now, imo, they have to change the whole 'feel' of the ep b/c a huge piece of team history is absent.

For me, it just won't feel like a real flashback b/c integral people of the team are missing. I think this ep is going to come across more as a morbid dream than a real flahsback to how things truly started. Ryan and Natalia being there but no one remembering them, Speed and Megan off somewhere on assignment and just whole idea that Eric was the one to give H his signature glasses? C'mon there is just too much that the writers expect us to ignore and swallow with a happy smile in order to believe that this is how it all started and to just make this ep at all. This is a classic sign of them jumping the gun in thinking that they would have the major players they needed in order to have a "true" flashback back.

Did we step into some alternate reality and no one informed me? Did I miss a memo? :lol:

11. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

It feels like a soap opera the way they are doing it. If they can't do it correctly they should just scrap the whole idea. And how many times does Delko have to be close to death? It's a bit nuts!

12. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ I agree, definitely soap opera material. I dont blame Rory for not doing the epi, TPTB shouldn't have killed him off to start with.
    They shouldn't have written the story until they knew he would agree to it. It might turn out ok, or it could be really awful.

13. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

What irks me most is the fact they had the brilliant idea of creating all this 1997 flashback without being perfectly sure that both Rory and Khandi were back for an episode like this. I'm quite sure that they weren't sure about Khandi either....thank god she didn't turn their offer down.

I mean a flashback like this is supposed to imply almost the whole team (I mean the original team....Megan included). As you said, the show is this established that you can't claim everyone is suffering from Alzheimer and doesn't remember that once, Rory, Khandi and Kim played in it.

So yeah when they had this brilliant idea, they should have asked these actors and then, probably, they could have written it. What they've done is completely odd...not to mention quite ridiculous.
    They've never been that good in terms of continuity, but this is a hell of an error!!!!

As for the spoilers, I agree as well also b/c they implied Rory was gonna play a lot of scenes in this episode. Look at Speedle's scene with chubby Ryan. They quickly had to replace Rory with Emily b/c the actor turned them down.
    1) this seems and Elementary school pupil trying to fix his mistake.
    2) continuity got destroyed b/c I will never believe that Ryan and Calleigh met back in 1997!!!
    Now, I wonder who's gonna almost trip while seeing Calleigh instead of Rory....will that be Eva b/c Natalia was lesbian at the time? God, I don't even want to guess this one 'cause I'm already scared! :vulcan::cardie:

That must be the only explanation possible :lol:. Too bad it happned long time ago :lol:

14. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

:guffaw: The lesbian plot- you'll be giving them ideas!!
    This does seem like some sci-fi alternate reality plot. What we need now is evil H in charge of Miami as dictator. :)

15. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I think tptb pulled the whole "dangle the bait then hook 'em" play, purposely to get fans & viewers "oohing" for what might come in the premiere. That, & they may have thought that Rory would give it more consideration knowing his fans wanted the return -- obviously thier plan failed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.