CSI:NY Spoiler Discussion - Bring on Season 6!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke

Duke Witness

As much as I'm still really, really annoyed about Jess being killed off, I got a tad excited when I saw this interview. This line in particular:

"We chose her character because of what effect it has on another character."

Hurrah!! :) This can only mean good, good storylines for Flack. I'm so glad they're not gonna sweep it under the rug. Eddie's going to really shine this coming new season, and I for one, can't wait! Bring it on! Woot! :lol:

2. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^^ yeah, i had the same reaction :)

3. Miss Doolittle

Miss Doolittle Dead on Arrival

Flack and that ambitious and secretive(maybe that's just me) new girl? She will be a good match for him. :lol:

PV didn't specify who's gonna be the one that will be affected by this new girl? If she is aiming a post of CSI then I think that someone would be Mac because she might want his attention. She and Lindsay may have to fight over Mac's love. :guffaw:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  4. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

I must be reading the interview wrong because I thought PV was saying they chose the character of Jess to kill because of the affect her death would have on another character...Flack. I didn't get any reference to the new csi wannabe character in that statement.

As for the forensic science majors and how the get jobs, I have a friend whose son is majoring in forensic science and wants to be a CSI. It will be interesting to watch his career path and see how easy or hard it is for him to break into the field.

5. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

Nah, you're not reading it wrong. The 'affect on another character' comment was referencing Flack in response to Angell's death. :)

6. Miss Doolittle

Miss Doolittle Dead on Arrival

Yeah, I was wrong. I really didn't read the article carefully. New character has nothing to do with 'affect on other character'. I'm really sorry for the confusion I caused(or contributing to the spread of confusion). :(

7. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Thanks for posting the TVGuide interview, JellyBelly. :) I'm not sure what to make of the new girl. I guess my reaction may depend on how she is introduced, and why she is a 'person of interest'. Because I kinda read it as she's so witty, awesome and fantastic that Mac just has to give her a job, which already annoys me. :rolleyes: :lol: Of course, that surely isn't how most forensic science graduates will get their first job. At least, I hope it isn't and I hope I'm wrong about her being introduced in that way.

Anyway, Angell's death should have an effect on Flack. As they wanted to kill someone in the finale, I certainly can see why Angell was the ideal choice. I hope this means they will explore Flack's feelings and that we'll see some reaction to her death. :)

8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Melina talks to TV Guide about whether or not Mac and Stella will hook up.

Not really spoilers, just Melina talking to Matt Mitovich. The spoilers really lack at TV Guide now. :/

(First video at the top).

9. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

For those of us who can't get the sound on our computers to work - what does she say? I just want an idea of what her view is, I don't need a transcript of the conversation. ;)

10. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

To summarize it up, Melina says that "they're romantic, they're not romantic." She thinks of them as the "yin and the yang--they need eachother." They fit together, they approach things differently, they're a great team.

And then she said "when you put your two needs together, it's at the end of the show".

I think that's about it. Dog's barking so I couldn't really hear it myself. But that was the general idea.

11. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

She mentions the ying/yang dynamic and the brother sister thing and the fact that they are always there for each other. She said that usually when a show connects two leading characters romantically it's at the end of the show. She gives no indication that Mac and Stella are headed for romance any time in the near future.

12. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Thanks. My response is that at least she recognizes that you don't put the lead characters together until the show is over.

I still don't think they should be a romantic pairing, but at least if they do it at the end I won't have to vomit quite so much. ;)

13. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Thanks for the summary, this stupid computer won't let me watch videos lately.

I am not surprised. We have D/L+Montana Jr., Sheldon getting some lovin' (finally! Thank you!) and the possibility of ruining two great characters. There are so many things that can go wrong if they're finally together. I sense the chemistry, I'd love to see them together and stuff, but I understand two couples would be too much and the show is stuck with Danny and Lindsay's relationship at this point no matter what. Unless, of course, she gets killed in a dramatic way, providing Carmine with some real acting material and the teenage fans with some Mary Sue-ish fanfic material. And still, if all that happened, seeing how poorly relationships have been handled so far, I am not entirely sure I'd like to see them together. Not only because personal storylines would probably become boring and/or soapy, but because I'd hate to see more OOC-ness.

14. Duke

Duke Witness

Thanks for the summary! :thumbsup:

I love Mac & Stella, but like I've said before, I wouldn't want them to become romantically involved. For me, it would completely change the dynamics of their relationship, and they have one of the best on the show. They're close without being close, if that makes sense??

It reminds me of the locker room scene from Officer Blue.

Mac: You're a fine CSI, Stella. I can honestly say, I wouldn't do this job without you.
    Stella: Yes, you would. You just wouldn't be as good.
    Mac: (smiles) Maybe.

Speaks for itself, right? :) If something ain't broken - don't fix it! Or mess with it. ;)

15. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Well, nice to hear Melina talk again, even if she tells nothing new :D.

With the news of a new D/L-drama plus the story of the new Ms. Clever-and-smart-and-very-ambitious-and-career-seeking Kaye Sullivan, you could be sure that there would not be another CSI-couple, especially if Sheldon is to get his own love story (hopefully not cliché-like with Kaye :rolleyes:), plus the leading characters Mac and Stella will get their one and other episodes (separately :D), too, I suppose.

Having read Pam Veasey´s interview, it´s not a difficult crystal ball job to predict that whether or not Kaye Sullivan will become a "real" CSI- regular at the end of the season depends on the rankings. If she really will attract the 18-25 years old as they plan, then she´s in it, I bet. And then still could happen what we had thought might happen in the beginning of the season: that she will replace somebody. Fresh blood for an old bag, that´s how this business works and don´t think it works any different at the CSI:NY scene....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.