Sarah Carter Joins 'New York'

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Jul 17, 2009.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

Former <I>Shark</I> actress <font color=yellow>Sarah Carter</font> has signed on as a series regular for <I>CSI: New York</I>.<p>Carter will play a clean-up technician with dreams of becoming a crime scene investigator, <A class="link" HREF="http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/">Ausiello</a> reports. As the season goes on, it will be revealed that the character is hiding a secret. There is no word on when the character will make her first appearance during the season.<p>According to early <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/news/060609_01.shtml">reports</a>, the character's name will be Kaye Sullivan. During his recent <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/interviews/hill_harper6.shtml">interview</a> with CSI Files, <font color=yellow>Hill Harper</font> (Dr Sheldon Hawkes) told <font color=yellow>Kristine Huntley</font> that the new character "will be appearing very early in the season." However, Harper revealed that she wouldn't immediately jump in as a full-time series regular. Instead, there will be a trial period to see how the character works out. "I think that the new character is going to start out as a recurring," he explained. "I don't think [she's] going to start out as a series regular per se, and if the audience responds and it works well, eventually [she] would become a regular."<p>"You want to keep the show fresh, hot and sexy," Harper continued in his interview, explaining the choice to add a new character to the cast. "Look, Detective Angell (<Font color=yellow>Emmanuelle Vaugier</font>) was one of the most beautiful, sexy, interesting, strong female characters on TV, period. She's awesome. So I think if you look at the show, if you lose someone that appealing, with all that sex appeal and strength, you want to make sure you have characters that come and represent that. So why not? There are so many great personalities and actresses out there, why not find someone who's great and beautiful? I think that's awesome."<p>The original information is from <A class="link" HREF="http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/07/exclusive-csi-ny-hooks-shark-star.html">Ausiello</a>. Carter's filmography, as well as pictures of the actress, can be found on <A class="link" HREF="http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0141931/">IMDb</a>. The full interview with Harper can be found <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/interviews/hill_harper6.shtml">here</a>.<center></center>

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Ok, so she's not Gina Torres, but I'm interested to see how she does and how she fits with the rest of the cast. ;)

Also, I'm totally confused with the character descriptions and series reg vs recurring info that's out there, but I'm assuming there's only one new character and I haven't mixed anything up. :lol:

My guess is that Kaye (if that is still going to be her name ;)) will start out as a 'series regular' in the same way Adam did - not necessarily appearing in every episode. And by casting her as a reg, they have the option of including her in every episode if they choose to - but they also have the option of not including her if they choose not to. (I hope that made sense. :p)

I wonder if they'll make her a CSI if they decide to keep her around as a reg? That might fit more with the original reports of her being a shiny new CSI. ;)

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I have to say Hill's description of what Angell/Emmanuelle was and what he thinks they want for the show do not add up to the chick they cast. I saw her in "Shark" and while there was nothing wrong with her acting there was absolutely nothing special about her. She's "cute" and not "sexy." I think it's another blatant attempt to bring the young fangirls to the yard. I also think it sucks that they chose a white, blonde chick for the role. It's supposed to be NYC for christsake. They should've stuck with Emmanuelle Vaguier.

4. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

Whew! I'm glad beyond measure that they didn't cast her as a new CSI right off the bat. Taking the subtle approach, as they did with Adam works much better for me. As for the big secret she's hiding:rolleyes: oh, please, not another one. Someone needs to do a tune-up on the Eightball they use to choose backstories.:scream:

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Her imdb says she played on Smallville as Alicia. Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Alicia the one that Clark "married"? I think it may prove to be a good choice. Though I do think they should have gone with someone of a different ethnicity or they could at least give her an accent like Australian, Irish, etc. :lol: Though I still think it might have been better that instead of hiring a completely new person that they just brought Kendall back and made her a CSI. :lol: Cause Kendall and this girl look kind of similar. :lol:

As for the secret thing, isn't that the same thing they said about Riley when she first joined Vegas? That she'd have some kind of secret? :lol: And it has yet to come out because the Vegas writers threw any development for Riley out the window to focus on Langston. :sigh:

6. weepingangel

weepingangel Victim

Hmmm....

I find it rather odd that they discontinued the Angell character for "budget considerations" then turn around and hire a potential series regular.

However, I am completely unfamiliar with the actress in question. I'll just have to wait and see how good she is (or isn't). I have to ask, though, why every single person has to be sexy, mysterious, and/or troubled. They never get normal, happily married people in these places! (I know, I know, they're trying to get ratings, not replicate any semblance to reality. :thumbsup: )