Sara Sidle Returns

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Jul 18, 2009.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

<font color=yellow>Jorja Fox</font> will reprise her role as Sara Sidle during the tenth season of <I>CSI: Crime Scene Investigation</I>.<p>Fox left <I>CSI</I> during the eighth season when her character quit her job in <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/episodes/csi/season8/goodbye_and_hello.shtml">"Goodbye and Good Luck"</a>. She returned for several episodes during season nine, reuniting with Gil Grissom at the end of <font color=yellow>William Petersen</font>'s final episode, <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/reviews/csi/one_to_go.shtml">"One to Go"</a>. Fox will appear in the premiere of season ten, which airs on September 24, and she will also appear in an unspecified number of subsequent episodes.<p>"We're thrilled for Jorja's return to <I>CSI</I>," executive producer <font color=yellow>Carol Mendelsohn</font> told the <A class="link" HREF="http://www.ap.org/">Associated Press</a>. She added that viewers will "discover where life has taken Sara Sidle and what brings her back to the <I>CSI</I> team in Las Vegas in our premiere episode." There is no word on whether Petersen will return.<p>The original information is from the <A class="link" HREF="http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_TV_CSI_JORJA_FOX?SITE=VTBRA&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT">Associated Press</a>.<center></center>

2. electra

electra Pathologist

I am not the biggest Sara fan but I sort of missed her when she left.I think the original chemistry of CSI is what I miss.Will Grissom be back even for a couple of episodes?

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Well, I for one, am NOT happy about this. Yes, I'm happy for the Sara fans, but why the premiere? I mean tptb have seem to have totally forgotten about Catherine, Nick, Greg and now she has to come back.

Great more GSR :rolleyes: I mean season 8 worked up to Sara leaving and was shortened due to the writer's strike. Season 9 leading up to Grissom leaving. Can we have a season that focuses on the original characters that are still there?

Now I'm not trying to upset Sara fans, if this was Nick I'd be thrilled too and it's not Sara, it's the GSR having to come back. IMO, GSR was one of the biggest mistakes CSI did, forgetting about the characters that are still there is their other big mistake.

My opinion is going to upset people and I apologize for that, but give us a break and let's focus on the characters that are still on the show, FOR ONCE!!!

Isn't it time that us other fans finally get what we want to see? Guess not! :scream:

When do the Catherine, Nick, Greg, Riley, Brass fans get what we want?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
  4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Thank God I have night school on Thursdays..all the more reason to bid the CSI fandom..so long! farewell..lalalalala!:lol:

5. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

A big YAY! from me. A reason to talk and get excited about the premiere. I did read another article that said she was going to be in 5 episodes. Hopefully Petersen will be in some or all of those. I'm really curious what would get her back to Vegas. I hope she gets some good scenes with Greg and Nick; I never felt they did justice to those friendships when she left.
    It's nice to have some chatter about the new season; I was beginning to wonder if they had cancelled it. I guess they are still figuring out the storylines and character arcs.

6. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

A 'meh' from me.

As for Petersen, I find it hard for him to make the filming for the premiere, as he is doing Blackbird right now. The fact that there is a show nearly every night and the location is in a different state makes it nearly impossible to shoot around his schedule.

I was hoping for a Jorja-less season. If people considered Sara's getaway with Grissom a "graceful exit", why not keep it that way?

7. Remmy

Remmy Victim

I am very pleased about Jorja/Sara returning. I will surley be watching.

8. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

oh? how awesome! i didn't expect that at all. surely a nice surprise. i'll be certain to watch the premiere. :D

and yeah, looks like she's gonna be back without Grissom this time, but you never know. Billy could film his part later, after Blackbird ends (which is beginning of August) so i wouldn't be too sure about his inability to come to LA. tbh though, i still think they are gonna keep us missing him for a little longer.

TPTB can always compromise and make Sara have one scene talking to Grissom on a phone. a Turn Turn Turn kind of vibe.

but i'm positive when it comes to Billy coming back later in the season. if Jorja is for 5 eps, Billy will probably star in a few of those with her. i'm waiting for that two-parter in Paris.

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I do hope that we get a scene with Sara and Greg because those two are best friends just like Nick and Warrick were.

The way it's worded makes me wonder though. It says she'll make an "appearance" in the premiere. That could mean that she'll only show up in the end of the premiere or that she's just shown on the phone with Greg or maybe Cath or Nick. Maybe Cath needs Grissom's advice on something and calls, but Sara answers and Grissom isn't there. As for her part in the other episodes, I don't know.

10. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I totally agree with you electra :D I'm not a HUGE Sara fan but I miss the team chemistry of the first several seasons. Possibly Sara could have some good storylines SANS Grissom??? ;)

11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I think I know the reason Sara is coming back..

That monkey that watched she and Grissom kiss was kidnapped and is being held captive in Vegas, so she's coming back, grabbing Nick and Greg by the ear and hauling them off to help her find it.

Well I could always write a fan fic about it.

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Maybe Grissom is in town doing a lecture and he gets kidnapped. Sara is worried so she calls the gang for help. the team then finds out that Natalie escaped and fears she may be the one who nabbed Grissom. Only, Natalie will be the red herring and someone else will have Grissom. The team will race against the clock to find out who has him before it's too late.

hey, Griss has never really been put in physical danger before like the others have. He's gotta have a turn at some point, right? :lol:

13. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

^ lol. nah, i like your telephone idea more. ;) Grissom was actually the first one to be in danger in a season finale, if we remember S1 and Strip Strangler. it wasn't nearly as traumatizing as Greg's, Sara's, Nick's, or Warrick's episodes of 'CSI's in peril' but still. it's very possible that Jorja's gonna have a short cameo, when she consults the case through a telephone or video-conference. i wouldn't be surprised if it involved some cold case she used to investigate in the past, for instance.

the fact that we're suppossed to discover what's going on with her at the moment makes me wonder if her appearance is going to require more involvement than a mere consultation through some tech device, though.

it's kinda cool to have something to talk about, finally. Langston and Riley are quite uninspiring.

14. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I could not agree more. The stories get turned in their favor at the drop of a hat. Congrats to Sara fans, though! You have a reason to be excited. Meanwhile, fans of Cath, Nick, and Greg will sit in the wings and hope our favorite characters get a quality episode or two :shifty:. Maybe, GE and MH should leave. That way, when they get back, they'll actually get material :rolleyes:.

15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

No, they wouldn't, because it's a double standard on the set of CSI. I won't say anymore as I've had enough problems with JF's fans to last a lifetime, but I'm sure you know what I'm getting at. Some of the cast members can do pretty much what they want, how how they want it, and no one on that set says squat, but others, well, let's just say they seem to get the short end of the stick quite often. There are far better actors and actresses on that show than JF who should be getting meatier parts, but aren't because well, it's all a popularity contest when you think about it. JF has very zealous fans and that has made a difference, unfortunately for us.

That's life though. I'm sure in the end a tell-all book or a True Hollywood Story will reveal all.

And I've got night class this fall, so it's no skin off my back.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2009