William/Grissom: The Hottness of Lucky #13

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by WP_Rocks_MY_World, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

I LOVE that we share practically the same one-track-to-the-gutter mind!! HA!! I think he felt Gina was looking rather swanky so since he wasn't, he was trying to match her swanky look with his, well, inner swanky self with the smile....He felt like if he grinned that way we wouldn't think his clothes were swanky like Gina's, but his smile SURE was!!

GF: Thanks for the thoughts- I'm SUCH a speculation whore!
    I've replied a million times to those entries....eesh...I think they must be getting sick of me ;)

PLG: I saw them LIVE and onstage, baby!!!!!!!! WOO for Billy's hot body!

Yeah, I think Endgame is going to be great...It certainly shows Billy is so great at challenges; for Gods sake he left CSI, went directly to Blackbird (of all plays), which is AMAZING and so brave and so like Billy, and then on to Endgame. He's taken on tons of challenges in the past year; left CSI, went to Blackbird, and then on to Endgame....That's true talent and amazingness as an actor.....WOW....Is it ANY wonder why we LOVE LOVE LOVE that man!? :)

2. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I love how playful he looks in those pics. It's like, 'loosen up and have a little fun'. He seems to be enjoying himself...at least in those pics.:lol: Talk about showing somebody a good time, I have no doubt he could do it.;)

To me, Endgame sounds rather interesting and definately a challenge. Who isn't up for a challenge every once in awhile? Personally, given the opportunity, I'd like to see it. If for nothing else than to see Billy again.:)

3. Criminologist86

Remember, we ARE going!! I sooo promise! :thumbsup:

I agree- Billy DEFINITELY looked like he was enjoying himself, which we all know is a gooood thing! So very good to see him happy :) I too have NO doubt he could show me a good time :devil::drool::thumbsup:
    We'll be at Endgame, CSIz_4. Count on it.
    PS- felt like everyone should know that:
    A) I saw the word "change" and thought it said "Chicago" and got excited.
    B) I was telling my bud, Elisa, about the play and our Chicago/Billy experience, and actually got teary eyed...I REALLY need to meet that man... BILLY on the BRAIN!!

4. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

so I wonder what Billy has done over the years to annoy the big wigs at the Emmys?

Seriously, how come that he's been snubbed AGAIN???

No offence to guys like Simon Baker and Hugh Laurie, but how do they get nomiated and Billy doesn't? These guys aren't great actors, Laurie especially (and I'm sure he'd admit to that himself). I actually like Simon Baker by the way, and I like the Mentalist, but it's not a performance worthy of nomination yet.

That he hasn't won an Emmy for playing so wonderfully one of the most unique characters on TV in the last decade is nothing short of laughable. I guess he doesn't ham it up and shout enough for their liking.

I really do wonder if something has gone on there over the years, has Billy been to aloof, or un-willing to pander to the Hollywood scene or something?

5. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

^ hm. very possible. knowing he usually says what he thinks i wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't their favorite.

it makes me think that there are probably connections of the TV barons and the panel of Emmy judges. CBS or ABC want their new shows to gain popularity and an Emmy is the best way to do it. having an old, likeable dinosaur of a show that is the biggest, most money making TV franchise in the the world win an award is probably considered a waste of an opportunity. the world has to learn about The Mentalist and other newbies so that they can become long lasting and income earning.

i guess it might be one of the things Billy describes as shady in Hollywood. btw, he is probably the only actor i've ever heard say that (there is probably more but i don't really follow much else.)

6. gilsgal

gilsgal Lab Technician

I have to say GameFace and Adzix , that I was wondering the same thing re: Billy when I read the list of the Emmy nominees, and lo and behold , no Billy. I can't believe that they put in Simon Baker over Billy, especially after Billy's performance in "For Warrick". There is absolutely no comparison in their acting abilities...it's Billy all the way!!!

I bet Billy doesn't really care. He's got a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame that he wasn't expecting and he's now doing what he loves to do best. Somehow I don't think we'll ever see a Simon Baker "Star" (at least not for the Menalist. And yes I like the show). ;)

7. nanigsr

nanigsr Witness

I'm not surprised is always the same. William here if deserve nomination,of episode 9x01 to 9x10 he did a great job,was pronfound,intense,dramatic and intimate for his character. He deserves to get the Emmy,just my opinion.

8. Criminologist86

It HAS to be that Billy is far too good for an Emmy...wouldn't happen cos they're all bloody afraid to reward such amazing, SUPERIOR raw talent. Heaven forbid they award one to a GOOD, TRUE actor...GOD....
    Seriously though, we're gonna have to do a LOT of speaking out and stuff to get this man even on the nominee list, much less win an award.

However, after seeing him in person in Chicago in Blackbird, seeing him looking so natural and healthy onstage, I can't imagine an Emmy is too important to him..He was SO happy and SO natural and SO in the right place, he was COMFORTABLE he was just perfect...absolute perfection, and I wouldn't want to take that away from him..I mean, in all honesty, him being awarded is important to US, but is it really important to HIM? I guess all I'm saying is if he's not worried about it, while I'm still a fan and will still want him to win/be nominated, if he's not stressing out about it, I'm not going to either.

Love you Billy!

PS- I HAVE to get this off of my chest....EVERY time I hear that song "Lollypop" (not the rap ones, the old 'original' one) I think about the Mini Killer...so instead of "lollypop" I"m singing "Mini Killer" LOL Ok, I feel better...

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  9. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

I'm sure he'd always say he's not bothered, but it's kinda the principle of the thing lol! I'm making a stance :D

Has he even been shortlisted ever? It's just when you see some of the people who have been short listed, and even one or two that have won, that you think :eek: It makes a mockery of the Emmys. How can people possibly take 'em seriously.

Without picking on my fellow Brit Hugh Laurie too much, but this guy has been short listed 3 or 4 times, yet he's the classic ham actor (with a bad accent)! If that is what they are going for, then I guess it may explain why an actor of Bill Petersen's talent wouldn't be considered.

10. Criminologist86

Principle of the thing...That's what I was trying to say! LOL I realize now that was the phrasing I needed/wanted but couldn't get it out :p Guess I"m a woman of many, many, many words ;)

I agree with you completely on everything you've said, though...It's a very big mockery of the Emmys to use them for marketing/advertising purposes and not to truly reward those who really have talent & DESERVE an Emmy. God, I wish he'd get one...or 7...7 would be good.

*sigh* When do we all (Us & Billy) win?? :confused:

11. gilsgal

gilsgal Lab Technician

I don't think the voters for the Emmys have any idea how difficult the character of Gil Grissom is to act. Here is a character that is internalized , quiet spoken, and academic, who normally shows emotion in very small ways; an eyebrow lift, his tone of voice, a sigh. I remember some critic years ago saying that Billy played Grissom with little emotion!!! (Geez, yeah, that would be Grissom....DUH!!!!) [​IMG]
    Now getting an energetic, emotional person like Billy to play Grissom...I bet it was a real challange for him originally.... So unlike his true self.

Then we finally get an episode with Billy pouring out so much raw emotion that I still can't watch Grissom's eulogy in "For Warrick" without tearing up, and the man gets nothing. Not even a nod. [​IMG]

I think we should send all those damn Emmy voters to Chicago to catch Billy in Blackbird, to give them a taste of what a real actor is made of!!!! [​IMG]

I personally believe that Billy does his craft, not for the accolades, but for the sheer pleasure and enjoyment he gets from acting Crim. And now it will be impossible for him to win an Emmy, since he's not on TV anymore.

We want all that recognition for him because we love him and think he's great, but I think Billy is OK with not being centered out. That would mean more fan adoration than he already receives, and we all know how he likes his privacy, which makes me love and respect him even more. It's a vicious circle...lol :luvlove:

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Well, the EMMY board can bite me:klingon: that Charlie Sheen and Alec Baldwin got a nonmination over this extrodinary actor shameful:scream: I can't beleive it:vulcan: these knuckleheads, are really a dismal bunch of deplorable people:angryrazz:No other CSI's either.. hey peeps, watch the show~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

13. Criminologist86

DW:
    The Emmy board can BITE me too. :scream:

Yes, GG I think we've finally gotten to what I was saying ;p I think Billy is a true actor, simply because he doesn't act for recognition or whatever, he does it cos that's what he LOVES. I think that in and of itself should give him an Emmy right there. They blah blah blah in their speeches about integrity and all, and the board that gave them that award has none.....*sigh*

And I LOVE what you said about how hard it was for <3 Billy to play Grissom...And it should definitely mean something that he pretty much became Grissom at one point...Stupid board...

I wonder what Billy would say if he heard all of us grumbling like this....LOL Ok, it's more like throwing a temper tantrum...at least for me. :scream::evil:

However, I just keep remembering Blackbird and how utterly happy he was up there, and everything is ok :) PS- is it a bad thing I don't like the vicious circle sometimes?? :confused:

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

A bit off topic, but beside all the accolades of his play, will all of you be over the moon, if and when he returns to CSI, rumors are rampant, that he will:thumbsup: That's where he became famous, and he's a EMMY winner to us and an OSCAR and all the rest awards. were the board and what we think rules:bolian:

15. gilsgal

gilsgal Lab Technician

It takes great acting skill to take a quiet, introspective,intellectual character in a non-character based show and to infuse him with enough life and mystery that people love and become attached to that character.
    I guess that's why it was the People's Choice Awards where CSI really stood out, because it was the fans that were voting and not some atrophied board of people who think they speak for the people.

I hate the circle sometimes too Crim :rolleyes:

I can't wait for Billy to return to do an episode or 2 of CSI. [​IMG]

Thursday nights have been sad for me since he left. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.