Harper's Island

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Half, Apr 10, 2009.

1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

This is my breakdown. When Abby left the island 7 years earlier, she was still pretty young & seemed just out of highschool - so I'd put her at age 25 now (?). The flashback was set 16 years in the past, which would've put her at age 9. Henry could've passed as 11 (in the flashbacks) making them just a few years apart in age. *shrug*

Oh, I totally agree. I just don't think he was in love with her, & I thought someone was suggesting that Henry had feelings for her that were above platonic. Yuck. I hope not. :lol:

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Yeah my theory on why he was obsessed with being with Abby was probably because those times on the island in the summer were the only times in his life he was really happy. Judging by the way he called his adoptive parents "losers", I'm guessing that it wasn't just JD who felt like the misfit in the family- Henry was just better at hiding it. So between his brief idyllic times on the island in the summer while he was growing up, and his cathartic moment when he met Wakefield and discovered his real heritage (and embraced it) he just re-drafted the acting job he was apparently doing while he grew up with the "losers".

Also, it was a bit of a revelation that such a charming, likable guy turned out to be the killer- makes you think it's not that strange that Abby's mother fell for Wakefield, if he'd been that good at acting "normal" until he got what he wanted, too. He must have been really charming in the beginning- Ted Bundy style!

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I thought that too at first until I caught the look on his face when Abby was kissing Jimmy goodbye. He looked like he wanted to beat Jimmy's face in. :lol:

Yeah, but was Wakefield a psycho killer before Sara broke things off? I mean, I know they mentioned that he was possessive and stuff, but had he ever killed anyone before coming to Harpers Island and killing all those people along with Sara?

4. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Wow ... totally didn't expect for the killer to be Henry. Though I was leaning towards a different route thinking that Abby had a bad case of the crazies :p

GregNickRyanFan I do have something that I think you can help me with ... for some reason on IMDB they don't have an actor listed for young Henry, but young JD is listed as Ryan Grantham who played on Wishful Thinking as Todd and it's killing me that the kid who played young Henry has been on Supernatural as well. I can't actually place it but he reminds me of young Sam from Something Wicked Link is that the same kid ... or am I just in a major Supernatural withdraw :eek:

5. BabaOReilly

^^^ No, I believe you're right- that's little Sam from Supernatural. I guess it's not that surprising since Harper's Island was filmed around here as well- lots of Canuck actors involved.

6. GregNickRyanFan

I knew those kids looked familiar. :lol: Wasn't Madison also on Supernatural once?

7. BabaOReilly

So in the end, what'd you guys think? Did you feel letdown at all? Totally surprised? Hated it?

8. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I checked and she hasn't been on Supernatural, do you have her confused with the girl from the Providence episode?

I'd have to say I was surprised, it ended up being a little weird at the end though :lol:

9. GregNickRyanFan

Is that the one with the ghost in that old inn or something? And the old woman with the doll collection?

I thought HI was okay. The Henry loving Abby thing was way weird though. I mean when she stabbed him, he goes "but... I love you". :lol: And no, I don't think he meant he loved her like a sister. :lol:

10. BabaOReilly

Overall-for the whole series- I thought it was OK. Again, I think if there had been anything else on, I might have lost track of it after a while, probably. I did think the last couple of episodes were pretty good though- the one where Cal and Chloe die, and the first part of the finale. Both of those were really solid, I think.

11. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

I agree Baba O'Reily. I liked the series for the most part, but along the middle it got a bit muddied. I'll probably buy the DVD when it comes out in September.