In Plain Sight- Witness. Protection.

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Bryn Elizabeth, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

Raph and Marshall are ah-mazing... As of right now, I don't want anything sabotaging Raph and Mary's relationship. It's so nicely portrayed.

Not tomorrow, but next Sunday, Raph's mom shows up to throw an engagemtn party. First of all, I am excited to see Raph's mom... Otherwise, I wonder how Mary will react... And what this will mean for the Raph/Mary relationship. Good things, I hope.

2. Meatball42

Meatball42 Police Officer

I hope Mary knows or there's going to be trouble in paradise!

3. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

Mary does not know... And I majorly hope that doesn't mess it all up.

I would be sad... Maybe there'd be M/M... But I'd still be sad.

4. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

Double posting because there is 0 activity.

Last night was awesomesauce. I loved the ending. Yayyy!

Baha. Goat.

5. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Bryn_Elizabeth, it's not considered double posting once the 24h period is over. So you didn't do anything wrong :)

6. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

The episode was cute, but I didn't like the ending. I don't want Mary to marry Raph! I like Raph well enough, but I'd like him better with Brandi. I can't imagine Mary will actually go through with the wedding. Why would TPTB have their main character get married in the second season? That's way too early.

7. Meatball42

I was very surprised, but it just goes to show how much deeper Raph's character is than we all (especially Mary) thought. The thing with the ring in the cake is still stupid. But he really does love her, and we've seen in the past few episodes especially how supportive and understanding he is.

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I wouldn't ever want Raph with Brandi because the whole idea of sisters having slept with the same guy is icky to me. :lol: Would you want to sleep with a man who'd slept with your sister? Or even kiss a man who'd kissed your sister? I wouldn't. I wouldn't even want one of my cousin's leftovers. :lol: Being with someone who has been with a friend is bad enough, but someone who'd been with a closely related family member is just very cringe-worthy to me. :lol:

I think it's a very bad idea to put a ring in anyone's food or drink. :lol:

As far as Mary getting married goes, it all depends on what they have in store for the Raph character. I mean they may have them get married this season and plan to kill him off the following season. We just never know. If they ever get Mary with Marshall it most likely will not be until the series finale. Or they might pull a whole Caroline in the City thing. In this instance Marshall would be Malcolm and Raph would be Dell. :lol: Although I didn't care for Dell and I love Raph and of course Marshall as well.

Did it bother anyone else when Mary's therapist was making oogly eyes at Marshall in that ep a couple of weeks ago? :lol:

9. Meatball42

Cool bit of trivia that I found very interesting: Frederick Weller and Ali Marsh, who played the psychiatrist, are married in real life.

10. GregNickRyanFan

that's cool.

11. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

I was always. When he said he thought about proposing to her months before he was accepted to the majors I was like WOAH! I guess he figured since he was going he better had do it then or he never would have. Made me like Rafe even more.
    I don't know if it's just me getting old, but lately these eps have really hit some serious emotional highs. Did anyone see the look on Mary's face when Jesus and his daughter were hugging in the end after the trial? She may have put her 'dream' of her father on the backburner, but I think it still gets to Mary.

12. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

I love Raph, and I wouldn't want them to break up or anything. He's such a good character and a good man. He really loves and cares for Mary. I mean, so does Marshall, but we're in too deep with Raph now.

I'm pressed for time now, so more later.

Okay, now it's later, lol.

I always love it when characters have a love interest outside of the workplace, especially a spouse. I think this adds a sense of realism. Raph is probably my favorite outside character, and maybe even my favorite character on IPS. I may be biased about the whole Hispanic thing... But, that's just me.

Anyway, Raph is very sweet and caring. He supports Mary, and he loves her very much. He's also a very interesting, well-developed character, and, for lack of a better way to put it, it would suck for us to just dump him. Sure, I love the whole Mary/Marshall thing, and I know Frederick Weller said that Marshall is pretty much in love with Mary, but Raph just works right now. I don't want him to go away. Especially not now that they are engaged.

Had she dumped him for the whole engagement thing, I would have also been mad. It would have made Mary seem shallow, which she is not. Them being engaged adds a lot to the show, and, I think, to Mary. How will she change, being a woman getting ready to settle down? How will Marshall react?

If Raph dies later on, I would be sad to not have my weekly dose of Cristian de la Fuente, but it would be an awesome storyline. I'm definitely leaving that open for consideration.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  13. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

This last episode was really good.

I love Marshall and Bobby D working together. Actually, I just straight up love Bobby D.

Mary being the technical advisor made me laugh. and her and Eleanor's sperring? It keeps getting better and better, especially when Mary encourages her.

Raph just plain makes me happy with his love and domestic-ness. I loved his speech in the end.

And Mary's confession? Awesome.

I'll post stuff with more thought when others contribute.

14. GregNickRyanFan

Brandi and Peter were cute sitting on the couch together.

Loved the ending with Mary telling Raph what her job is.

Bobby used to annoy me, but I'm warming up to him now. He just was flirting with Mary a lot in the beginning and that bugged me because obviously I like Mary/Raph or Mary/Marshall. :lol: But, I liked Bobby's guy time with Marshall. :lol:

Mary and Eleanor were funny as always. I love when Mary tells her to say something and Eleanor does and Mary says "there now don't you feel better?" :guffaw:

Raph was fixing the walls- thank god! They were driving me nuts!

Mary and that director guy were funny too. The second video with the exercises was even worse than the first. :lol: But he came through in the end. Mary actually really liked it, but refused to admit it.

15. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

Posting another Mary/Marshall moment. This latest episode where to begin.... The hurt on Marshall's face when Mary admitted to being engaged; he was happy for her, but you could see he was crushed. That toast at the end... does Mary have some feelings for Marshall? I'm sure she had to see by how bothered he was by the engagement. Brandy/Rafe I really don't want to go down this road again. She's finally getting stable. I like Brandy with Peter. I don't see Rafe moving in as a good thing and of course there's Mary herself. Not so sure she wants Rafe moving in. I wonder if Mary is really open to the idea of marriage. I mean she's not wearing Rafe's ring when she's at work. Just rambling right now after watching the ep this morning. The main story with Sherylnn Finn was good. I have liked her since Twin Peaks. She looks great.