The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #22

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by love_fan, Jul 12, 2009.

1. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Welcome to the Fort #22!!!

Here you can talk about our favourite boys, Nick and Greg!

So, lean back, have a cocktail and enjoy the Love :thumbsup:

A few rules we all need to abide:
    The discussion has to stay PG-13 and there is a three line minimum of discussing our boys.

Here are the links to the last four threads:

The Fort #18
    The Fort #19
    The Fort #20
    http://talk.csifiles.com/showthread.php?t=57616

Oh, and I was searching my collection of fanfiction for the story the Fort is named after. I think it was by geekwriter. So, if anyone could tell me which it was and maybe put a link here?

On with the Love!

[​IMG]

As for Nick's expression in Fannysmackin', he looked rather grim and shocked the whole episode. And that jaw clench after Warrick announced he had found Greg's hair was more than telling. I had the feeling he was working under a lot of stress and barely held himself together.

2. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

New thread! Woot Woot Woot!!

[​IMG]

Three reasons why the Love is important to me:

1) It inspires me! The Love stirs my creativity and spurs me on to try and better each story I write.

2) It's made me some awesome friends. We have The Love in common and from there discovered so much more we relate to.

3) It brightens my day! Reading a fic, checking out the Fort, writing a one-shot...these are all things I do during a day when I need a pick me up.

The Love...:adore:

3. BrokenSmile93

BrokenSmile93 Dead on Arrival

Awesome! A new thread! :thumbsup::beer:

Egeria I love you little dancing people!

I've been very...well bored lately and was wondering if any of you had any recommendations? I've already read The Incredibly True Adventures of Two Vulgar Little Beasties in Love, and loved it!
    P.s. I have no idea how to get rid of the Link :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2009
  4. CSI-Fan3

CSI-Fan3 Victim

Woohoo, a new thread :hugegrin:

I agree, LoneWolfe001, Greg is even nodding when she's talking about grief. And it could indeed be Nick in the background, but I'm not sure about that (at first I thought it was Warrick, but then I realised that wasn't really possible). It's quite difficult to see. And it is indeed quite strange that we haven't seen Nick break down, even though he did sort of break down around Fannysmackin', which is quite strange because Warrick was Nick's best friend.

I would have some recommandations, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post them or links to those. Can anyone tell me if that's allowed?

For getting rid of the link, when editing the post, select the part of the text that is linked, and then click on the little button next to the globe and the chain thingy, on the chain thingy (what is it really?) with the red cross through it. That should make it disappear. Hope it helped.

5. lal

lal Pathologist

:hugegrin: new thread
    Can't wait to start talking about the love :luvlove:

I notice that in Fannysmackin too, especially when Nick hit that guy , you could see how much he was hurting and you could see how much he wanted to bring the guys reponsible to justice . Also i noticed in the episode Post Mortem when Nick was on the stand looks at Greg as if to say no matter what happens i will stand by you , and Greg looks at Nick to say i know .

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  6. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

Yipppee, The Love continues !! It is great to see The Love as strong as always.

7. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

First, congrats on the new thread. :hugegrin:

Second, Please make sure your posts include AT LEAST THREE LINES OF DISCUSSION about Greg and Nick.

NO, Fanfic recommendations or comments do not count as discussion! Neither does commenting on fan art or videos. There are places for that in each separate thread and forum.

And on the subject of fanfics, please do not post links to fics that are NC-17. If someone requests the link, please do so in a PM that way those who are under age 17 aren't subjected to that material.
    Otherwise fics can also go in the FanFic forum.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Back to Greg and Nick.

8. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Wow new thread! We grow so fast, or should I say 'The Love' does! I agree about FannySmackin, even though there was no interaction between the boys, the episode was great for us because Nick made his feelings about Greg being hurt loud and clear! I mean punching an innocent bystander (Nick didn't know he was the one who hurt Greg) was way out of character for Nick. Just goes to show how much he cares for Greg.

9. SuckerMe

SuckerMe Dead on Arrival

Congrats on the new thread :thumbsup:

I was watching some George Eads random interview, when I bumped into this video :wtf: back to 2003.

It's directly related to our ship, since when the interviewer asks him about the future love intrests of Nick Stokes, George immeadiatly says "I'm trying to encourage the writters to make it a WOMAN :eek: that is.. blah blah..."

Even if I understand he was uncomfortable with the guy calling him "George Szmand" :p *cough*rumors*cough , It still hurt me to hear him say "A WOMAN" :vulcan:

Comon George, don't cut off The Love, :( please. *begging*

I'm curious to know what you, dear shippers, think about it :confused:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  10. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Just watched the interview. I giggled (that's right, giggled) when he was called George Szmanda. Eric was probably standing right there as his date for the evening.:lol:

Realistically though,the way I understood the line was he was talking about the kind of woman he wanted, not so much "make it a woman."

Of course, he could just be saying that to keep people off Nick's trail, waiting for the big moment when he pounces on Greg so it surprises everyone...or not. I'm allowed to dream, though. :)

11. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

OMG, that was funny. George did not even correct him. Maybe he is comfortable with that surname. LOL! The writers havent given him a woman yet (he said that 6 yrs ago), so I doubt he will get one now. The focus is catching the bad guy. Plus if Nick were to develop a romantic interest with someone interesting just not physical it would be with Greg.

12. DFraMacKey

DFraMacKey Victim

Hi! It's been such a while since I last logged, and omg there's a new thread! Congraaats!! Hahaha, well, I don't know if this is relevant, probably not, but I couldn't help and notice that in "All In" in the only scene that Nick's on, when he says goodbye to Langston he says something like hold up the fort, and I just instantly thought of here, hahahaha...

Another thing I wanted to commet was about you know that topic that just comes back every now and then, this happened yesterday, I was recently transfered to cover a coworker's vacation at another building, and here the person in charge's a very friend of mine, and well, we were talking, and just like that I told him about the guys I liked and then I said I was going to show him a picture of Nick and Greg, so I went to csi wetpaint to the page of The Love and just started showing him the screencaps there, and then just like that he says: Hey stop, it that picture they look like they're about to kiss! And look how they stare at each other, or the way the stand so close... are you sure they aren't a couple? And I was like well... I think they are... and then I started educating him on The Love hahahaha, well my point is that I wasn't expecting him to see anything, or thinking anything, and well, to be honest well I didn't thought we'd agreed on it, I mean there is a big gap between our ages, I'm 18 he's 47 so to me it was like the best thing in my day 'cause there are people out there that without not knowing CSI or Nick or Greg they are able to pick up just how much they care for each other I think.

And also I'm rewatching season 2 and omg, does it have great love moments! Tomorrow I'm watching Scuba Doobie-Do... I love that episode :p and I loved the liquid soap conversation, and the way Greg kept coming closer to Nick... the first time I saw that episode my sister said: That looked like a romantic scene o-o hahahahaha :guffaw:

I hope I din't break any rules and sorry if the end of season 9 was a spoiler but I don't know how to the the spoiler thingy, sorry!...

Greeetings!

13. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

Found this pic on IMDB:
    http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3371730944/nm0844172

What is with Nick and Greg and crime scence dummies. I cannot find those other dummy pics but you know which ones I am refering to:

1) Greg lying underneath a dummy that looks ALOT:devil: like Nick :drool:(have u noticed since then the dummies have become faceless since then:guffaw:)

2) Catherine cathes Nick in a very compromising position:evil: with the dummy. Nick is defiantely an ass man, cmon you cannot tell me that to repostion the dummy you need to keep touching its ass.

3) When Greg passed his proficiency test, there was a dummy in the chair from Nick's lightening case (am i mistaken,but didnt Nick make the jello dummy). Maybe it was an inside joke between Nick and Greg.

Our boys with their toys.
    LOL (sorry just having wicked thoughts)

14. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Just watched the episode "Burked". There was always one thing I wanted to question about that episode. Scene: Nick is sitting in the break room, itching his bug-bitten leg, and Grissom walks in to get coffee. Greg runs in after him and goes into his speech about Blue Hawaiian coffee. "Don't touch it, that's my pot!"

I think everyone is familiar with this scene.

My question: how did Greg figure out to put hemorrhoid cream on his acne? What incident led to him deciding to put it on his face?:wtf: Of course, the best part is when Nick mentions that Greg had him do it as well. Maybe not a strong Love moment, but one that I find...odd.

15. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I love that scene, well, I love every Love scene, so ...

Anyway, I have no idea who told Greg but I think it rather significant that he told Nick. I mean that must have been some awkward conversation between them about acne ... But if you assume that they had that conversation in the privacy of their shared home it makes much more sense. At least to me ... :p

I just love the friendly/couply bickering of the scene :adore:.