Best Season of CSI: Miami

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by calleighspeedle, May 21, 2009.

1. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

I only started watching this show recently but I've caught as many episodes as I can on A&E and at the moment, I think Seasons 1 and 2 are the best though that could change once I watch the remaining episodes and see what seasons they belong to.

2. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

I'm partial to the first three seasons for the same reason most other people are. More science, more teamwork, more actors. The characters WERE characters instead of cardboard cutouts with guns and badges. For me, S7 started out absolutely TERRIBLE, but they really got their act together toward the end, though I wasn't impressed with the finale. They must've already written that script early on.

Toward the end of S7 they began to bring in some more permanent (we hope) lab techs with Michael Travers and Dave Benton. Hopefully these guys won't just disappear like Tyler did. Calleigh had some funny lines, such as in Dead on Arrival.

Of course the highlight of S7 was when they brought Rick Stetler back :adore:to make Horatio's life miserable again. It bugged me to no end that during the early part of S7, all the primary characters were doubling up as lab techs or saying "IAB said...." instead of bringing Rick in to stir things up.

3. electra

electra Pathologist

^I agree. Miami has always been a little over the top but the characters were human.Things declined a little after season 3.Had they presented Ryan as they did on season 7,I would have been one of his biggest fans ,just to put an exemple.

4. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

I think it's a three way tie for me with Seasons 3, 2 and 7, pretty much in that order. Although I love Speed, I think that they really did him justice for a final episode. Yes, they had him take a bullet because he didn't clean his gun, but he did die in the line of duty. Since Calleigh tends to be my fave character, the writers gave Emily lots to work with in season 3 and her character developed a new depth. Season 2 had many terrific episodes and introduced my all time fave baddie-Clavo Cruz. And season 7? I'm a Hiphugger, enough said.

Season 4, in my opinion, was terrible. It just felt scattered and unorganized. Were they going to keep up the Mala Noche storyline or did they want to delve into Delko's problems or did they want to give Horatio a girlfriend? Meh.

5. Zipster

Zipster Witness

I sat down and watched Season 1 of NYPD Blue and it struck me that one of the thinsg I miss about seasons 6-7 of CSI Miami is Horatio. The character we have now seems so different from the character that David played back in earlier seasons.. His one liners aside, he always had a lot more dialouge then in the past 2 seasons. He was in the lab working late in a lab coat and these days he's just wearing the same dark suit and shirt.

I love David as an actor, I just don't feel like the writers are giving him anything to play with in these last couple of seasons.

My favourite seasons are 2 and 3.

Z
    :thumbsup:

6. lal

lal Pathologist

Hi for me it has to be Season 2, 3, and 4 .

7. neworder

neworder Victim

I think Season 2 is the best, I own it on DVD as well as half of Season 5. Haven't seen much of season 1 but from what I have seen it seems to be sort of finding itself as a show and then in Season 2 it finally fully develops. Season 3 looks decent from what Ive seen so gonna try and see more of that.

Havent seen Season 4 at all, Season 5 is decent in a few places but I don't like how Miami is so bright and the L.A shooting is much more obvious. Season 6 I thought was quite good, decent developments for Horatio's family. However, I dislike Season 7; the colours are even brighter, there are next to no real Miami locations and the stories seem to be getting more and more ridiculous, even by CSI Miami standards.

So overall, Season 2 for me. Tim Speedle is a decent character, prefer him much more to wolfe and there's chemistry between Speedle and Delko. Season 2 also has enough Miami shooting to allow me to forgive the episodes filmed in L.A and Season 2 is filmed well, its clean and hasn't got all this fake bright orangey colours. There's more action in recent seasons but it's not done very well I'm afraid. SO yea Season 2 for me and thats why I have it on DVD although the Season finale was pretty disappointing!.

8. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

In regards to Season 6 and 7, I would have to say that 6 edged out by a small margin. I didn't really care for the eps with Kyle and Ron Saris was a very good villain for H to match wits with.

Season 7's was hit and miss. I found a lot of the eps to be Dull like Flight Risk, Dead on Arrival, Cheating Death and Target Specific though the ending of that was good.

9. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

Miami has become increasingly better through the years! Up until season 7, my favorite was Season 5. Namely due to the "Man Down" episode. I liked how we saw a change in Eric's behavior after this episode. I also think that this was the episode in which Calleigh & Eric's relationship began to evolve. (although I saw it way back in the piolet episode).

My new favorite season is 7. This season was filled with action and suspense from the amazing writers. I just can't wait until season 8. I know it will be even better.

10. Wolfe:D

Wolfe:D Victim

i loved season 7 cuz when i saw the first episode (ressurection) i was hooked and kept wanting more and more every week. plus the cliffhanger made me mad cuz i wanted to find out what happened that next week but caught a rerun.
    i also loved season 5 cuz i belive thats when the E/C affair started and i always wanted them together!(hiphuggers!) there were a couple things however i didnt like but kept me coming back for more. such as ryans gambling problem and him being fired. but that made me want to find out if were to get reinstated. i also didnt like t when eric was shot but that is what made eric get closer to calleigh (i believe) but i didnt like the calleigh jake s***. cuz i noticed it really hurt eric (and made him jelous;])

11. HockeyInMiami

HockeyInMiami Victim

Wow... best season... I'm gonna have to go with, drum roll please. *silence*. I SAID DRUM ROLL!!!!! *Drum roll* Season...2

For these reasons:
    1. Humor was permitted
    2. H didn't have to deal with the Kyle stuff
    3. Raymond had only died once (what idiot writer makes someone die twice *cough cough* Conan Doyle. Well, he didn't make Sherlock die twice, but he brought him back with out an "I faked my own death" story. But they made Ray die twice, which I think is NOT COOL)
    4. Speed was alive *tear*
    5. There was less tense drama.

Yeah.

12. Composer1234

Composer1234 Witness

My fave season is season 5 because thats when Eric and Calleigh's relationship began. second fave is season 2 cos Speed was just legendary! and then season 7!

looking forward to season 8!

13. Della

Della Police Officer

My all time favourite Season is Season Two, for all the points Speed-Cochrane mentioned, and that it also contains several favourite episodes of mine, including my ultimate favourite, “Witness to Murder”. This was the Horatio I grew to adore, and it was the team element and friendships which also endeared me to CSI: Miami even further.

I can’t say if the team element and friendships and the adorable Horatio Caine of Old returned during season 7, seeing as I never watched that season, but judging by the reviews and write-ups I’ve read, not only am I pleased that I never gave it a look in, but also I’d say that the above crucial ingredients are still very much lacking – and until they return I’ll be staying away from CSI Miami.

All in all, I just thought the show was far more credible back in the early days of Miami and the writers seemed to show a great deal of respect for the victim(s) in each episode. Apart from a few incidences, mainly from Alexx, I haven’t really had that feeling since Season 2.

Anyway, Season two is followed very closely by Season One. I’m rarely hooked on a show almost immediately but I thought “Cross Jurisdictions” was so well done that I was instantly intrigued by all of the characters. I still think it was a shame that Warrick never joined the Miami team on a permanent basis. I really liked the character in Cross Jurisdictions.

Season 5 comes in third as I thought the beginning of that season, saving Rio, wasn’t too bad and at the time I thought it was an incredibly bold and thoroughly understandable move by the PTBs to have Horatio withdraw from his team, but criminy, it seems most of the viewers are still waiting for him to reconnect with his team two Seasons down the line. I’m sorry, but talk about draaaaaag it ooooouuuuuuuut. *shakes head*

For me Season Three, Four and Six share bottom place as being the worst seasons for me. Season three holds the mantle of starting off the slow burn of drivel that at times seriously plagues Miami - it seemed to me that they killed off the Speedle character and then lost their way a bit. Season 4 was atrocious in that all I felt was that the entire season hacked apart all of the wonderful ingredients that had made a lovely enjoyable formula in the beginning and then badly stitched together an old, frayed, well worn, overused raggedy-doll at the last minute. Nothing gelled for me in that entire season – and Season Six is the worst for me as well because it is the Season where the PTBs inexplicably killed off the Horatio Caine character for me. He may still be walking and talking but for me he is nothing more than a hypocritical vigilante and empty shell of man in comparison to how he used to be.

So, to summarise,

1. Season 2
    2. Season 1
    3. Season 5

Seasons 3, 4 & 6 are the worst Seasons for me.

:)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  14. H-COOL

H-COOL Dead on Arrival

Hey HockeyinMiami: You could actually say that Ray Sr. died three times. Remember in "10-7" #324, he faked his death by wearing bullet-proof vest when he and H rescued the kidnapped Ray Jr. :)

S2 DVDs by far are the ones I've watched the most, then S3 DVDs next. I've never been able to get my favs sorted down into a list of Top 10 or been able to decide on what my all-time fav epi is (although one that is so touching and so well acted is WITNESS TO MURDER #212), but I know when I pick out my 15-20 favs, by far, the highest percentage comes from S2... BLOOD BROTHERS, HURRICANE ANTHONY, BIG BROTHER, MONEY FOR NOTHING, WANNABE, MIA/NYC Non-Stop. But too, I love sooooo many others...Pilot= CROSS-JURISDICTIONS, S1= DEAD-WOMEN WALKING, SIMPLE MAN, DISPO DAY, FREAKS AND TWEAKS; S3= LOST SON, NOTHING TO LOSE (the 2-hour A&E Version over the DVD version), RECOIL, 10-7, S4= FROM THE GRAVE, S5= RIO, and NO MAN'S LAND and MAN DOWN.

To me, S6 was not a good Season and I've yet to pick out any favs here, although their were a few good epis. I only bought the S6 DVDs on the day of release like others because of the Finale, GOING BALLISTIC.

If your a Calliegh or C/E fan, then S7 was probably your fave, but for this non-highuggie fan and H-ERO FIA, much of S7 was just very, very poor. Chopped-up & poor flow story-telling, Alexx gone, no team unity, C/E like in every other scene in every episode, little of my TX Buddy Tripp, little Natalia, about 2 episodes where Ryan had any highlight, new Lab Techs having more screen time than Valera who deserves it, "Doogie-Houser" Kyle whose scenes were then ruined by inserting the wacko, "she-devil" Julia (gosh... I can't stand that character), murderous Ron the Rat coming back as a C.I. with Stets blessing... Yuck, must I go on? Anyway, for the 1st time, I will not be buying the S7 DVDs on the day of release. I plan to wait until their really, really go on sale and get cheap... As a CSI:MI FIA, I got to have them, but no desire to have them to watch over and over. :(

15. lox3csimiami22

lox3csimiami22 Hit and Run

Season 5 is the best season for me
    I loved the cases and it was just a great season