CSI:NY Spoiler Discussion - Bring on Season 6!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danny-lindsay4e

danny-lindsay4e Witness

danny lmao flack lmao sex

my computer is now wearing my coffee.

I read that rikki was coming back season 5 but with anna been pregnant it got scrapt then i read that the whole rikki coming back wasn't gonna happen for awhile the show wanted to work on danny/lindsay but she is always in the background to come back so you never know.

i hope we just get a bit of drama the show needs to work on the cast as people not who's sleeping with who or fighting who.
    kidnapping??? to much maybe someone will take lindsay hostage and danny will have to save the day or just day to day drama with work and baby one been late home, late for work.
    a baby is drama no matter how much your in love it takes time and work and a stressful job will make it harder.

2. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

Probably. :lol: Come to think of it, the shooter showed up right after Mac walked into the bar even though the others already had been there for awhile -- makes it look like he was following Mac. :eek:

It would be interesting if they could tie the shooting back to that mob group from Snow Day. Or maybe they can tie it to someone from Mac's marine days who is seeking revenge for some reason. And then Gibbs could show up to help Mac out because I'm sure the two of them know each other. ...;)

I don't mind if Mac gets another nemesis if the story's good and it brings out his tough side again. At times, he was a little too soft and wishy-washy in season 5 -- letting would-be murderers and stalkers off, allowing his staff to break rules with little to no consequence, standing by while Danny processes evidence with baby Lucy in tow :rolleyes:. The writers need to give Mac back some of his backbone!

And they really need to follow-up on Flack's emotional issues -- see him deal with Angell's death and also shooting Cade after he was down.

3. kkennedytx

kkennedytx Rookie

I don't mind Mac getting the nemesis either, as long as it involves everyone and not just Mac! I mean, if the nemesis is trying to get to Mac through his co-workers, or the whole team is involved in solving the case to protect Mac--both scenarios work for me. What I dislike is when the story revolves solely around Mac while the others are outside looking in and not knowing what's going on because Stoic!Mac always has to deal with things all alone.

I, too, hope there's follow-up on Flack's emotional issues, but going on what's happened in the past when Flack was nearly killed but the next season was 100 percent A-Okay--barely even an acknowledgement of him getting blown up and being hospitalized for a long time. So...I'm not holding my breath to see if this season tptb can remember about Flack/Angell and his vengeance against the guy who gunned down Angell.

4. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

*sigh* I know the shooting is certainly someone who wants revenge, but I have a question: why does each and every possible bad thing happen to show characters? If it's a cops show, they get stalkers, evil madmen with access to guns and explosives... If it's a doctors show, someone will get cancer, preferably a brain tumor... Talk about originality.

5. Duke

Duke Witness

I would love Rikki to come back, she was amazing - much better suited to Danny, aswell. Mind you, anyone is in my book.

What if the obstacle is something to do with Rikki and Baby Messer? Maybe an abduction? She could still be overcome with grief after losing Reuben and come back to steal Baby Messer....Now THAT would be a cracking storyline.

6. Plenilunio

^ To me, Rikki looked mature and mentally stable. Seeing her suddenly losing her mind would be a bit OOC to say the least. But not unexpected, not to me.

7. Duke

Duke Witness

Hmm, but grief affects people in different ways, and there's no grief greater than that of losing a child. Plus, she did steal Danny's gun to shoot the guy who shot Reuben. So she's already shown that she's vulnerable and desperate. I dunno, I think the idea of her coming back and discovering Danny has a child could very well trigger something inside of her. She's never blamed Danny for what happened to Reuben, but Baby Messer might change all that. It might be a case of: Why should you have a child when I lost mine? kind of thing.

Oooh, I'm getting all fired up about this idea! :lol: I think it'd be an awesome storyline. Bring back Jacqueline Pinol!!

8. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

^^^ I like how Rikki maintained her dignity in terms of Danny and I really wouldn't want to see her going 'psycho' on him. Of course it would be possible but I tend to think if she didn't do it at the time then she won't do it now.

I was as intrigued as anyone as to why they intended to bring her back for S5 but I'm not convinced it was a pregnancy storyline. Didn't Peter Lenkov promise to tell us IF they don't actually bring her back? The fact that he said while they had no plans to bring her back he didn't want to reveal the storyline just in case they decided to follow it up at a later date made me think it wasn't because of a pregnancy. Of course, I could be wrong (it wouldn't be the first time!), but IF that was the case then I can't see them following that up in S6, it would feel too soon. As somebody else said it's a storyline that can be brought into play at any time, even a few years down the line.

I think the spoiler that Danny & Lindsay will be facing hard times really isn't anything new and that at this stage it's a generic statement. I appreciate the comments people have made about feeling frustrated that spoilers often centre around DL and that people likely submit questions about the rest of the team that are rarely answered. I wonder if part of it is that DL make it easy for tptb to say something without actually telling us anything. All they have to do is say they're facing difficult times and it creates debate on both sides of the fence, therefore keeping discussion going while not really giving anything new away. After all, even having people say 'I'm sick of DL' is still them talking about the show, which is really what tptb are trying to generate by giving spoilers away in the first place. Just a thought. :)

9. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Bleh.

Been how long since I last checked in here? Skimming lightly thru. ...and meh bleh is pretty much all I can say.

DL. I'd rather they devoted no time to them, but they are the love/hate ratings cash-cow for teh show, more often than not. Me, not interested. I have developed an intense aversion to all things devoted to them. And the predictable affirmation/promise of drama for them does not instill me with great verve and entusiasmz.

Nemesis. Never been a fan of political or nemesis shows. And after all the bru-ha with Dunbrook, used as a convenient vehicle for Angell's demise no less, Mac's getting another one so soon? *sigh* Meh bleh. I don't mind Mac stories. But this has the feeling of pretense for another Mac crusade of some sort. I hope it's done up with a little more complexity. As for Mac's father and seeing a younger version of him: well, mebbe they'll revisit his battle with cancer. Nice to get to know more about Mac and all, but this too has small warning bells going off in the back of my mind, in that Yahrzeit was done so well, that they now wanna delve in even more because of that, and perhaps not because they really have something specific they want to explore. The whole 333 thing wasn't the most interesting thing for me, and I hope any future nemesis aren't necessarily derived from his family or personal past so much as cases he's worked on. To tap back into the murder of FBI Agent Candice Broadbent and the Irish splinter mercs would be almost too much to hope for.

Nuthin really new for the cliffhanger. Small surprise.

Rikki. Before DL were officially hitched et al, I would have been more interested in seeing her as a presence. Not so much now. She was a great character who deserves better than to now be reduced to fodder to feed any DL drama. I suppose it might still be possible to have a Danny storyline that doesn't necessarily involve Lindsay (can't say the inverse is true), and that one with Rikki could be good, if she asks him for help with something, off the books.

Kaye. Still no word. And DL's distracted much discussion from her and anything else. Again. I remain stubbornly optimistic that she could be a decent character. Waiting for NY to prove me wrong. And they've done so before. Hope she's a stand alone character a la Riley, for example, and not a mere function or counterpoint for everyone else.

Continuity. Hope that we get to see Flack, and everyone for that matter, have moments dealing with the loss of Angell. Hope that the group being targeted as a whole in the drive-by (if they were in fact all targeted) is not something easily shaken off, especially as they were in the midst of grieving the loss of another. Hope that Flack shooting the guy isn't just swept up and forgotten. You shoot someone, it's not something so easily buried. Hope the writers don't.

Plots. Glad to see they're actually developing some outside of DL drama and nemeses etc. :p As for cars wot lock people inside. Didn't NCIS do that a few years ago in Driven. As for food allergies as murder. Didn't NY do that already in Youngblood. Still, could be interesting. Malevolent orwellian crank calls could change it up enough to be something slightly different and new.

Zuiker and his deal. Good for him, (how many executive titleships one can hold? :p) , and I suppose also for thinking outside the box. - Just hope NY in particular doesn't continue to pursue the model of excessive cross platforming with stunt casting and musical guests etc. There's 500 other channels for that sort of thing. Trying to be all things to all people might eventually dilute what set the franchise apart in the first place. - I'll be curious what other projects Zuiker chooses to develop for CBS and cable networks.

*sigh* thumb twiddle.

Meh bleh meh spoilers.

Ah well.

:p

Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
  10. Duke

Duke Witness

I think I need to get a life, I dreamed about Danny last night and he was in a wheelchair. :shifty: Which is now making me wonder if it is Danny that's the injured one, then maybe this could be the DL obstacle??

I'm spending way too much time worrying about who is or isn't injured. :rolleyes:

11. Plenilunio

:eek: God, no! *crosses fingers and knocks on wood* If that happened, we'd see Mrs. Scrunchface Messer pseudo-bawling while complaining about how dramatically dramatic her life is, how every bad thing in the world happens to her and how Danny being in a wheelchair affects her more than any other living creature in the world, Danny included.

12. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

:(:scream: OH god i couldnt sit through that every week :lol:

13. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

LOL, and I disappeared for almost five days!

On the spoilers... my initial reaction was just :scream:, but on second thought,
    anything that might break up D/L is good news to me. They are sonot soulmates, theydid not have a honeymoon period, and in my opinion, they wouldn't even need Rikki's reappearing, or an illegitimate child, or a kidnapped baby for the marriage to collapse like a house of cards. I could even deal with soap-opera drama if it means that they finally end it.

I think there's a difference between Season 2's ending and Season 5's. Flack wasn't going anywhere in Season 3. Emotionally, it probably didn't matter to him if he was walking around with a limp or not, just so long as he was walking around. He got his injury in the line of duty, and knowing what we do of Flack's character, he likely just thought it was a job well done.

Angell's dead, and that probably does matter a lot to Flack emotionally. Given how they're concentrating more on character lately, it's going to be played up.

I'm all for seeing Danny go back to hooking up with Rikki, but I fail to see how Rikki kidnapping his child is going to accomplish this. It would just land her in jail. Grief does affect people in different ways, but stealing Danny's gun to go after Ollie Barnes never seemed like maddened-by-grief desperation to me, it seemed like clear vengeance - like what Flack did with the guy who shot Angell in Pay Up. Flack, of course, did go off the deep end in that case, but for the most part he was and still is sane and rational. Rikki's vengeance was a little more misguided, but again, she was mostly sane and rational - and she never blamed Danny then. She's not going to blame him now, no matter how many kids he has.

I can't say agree about the storylines; I mean, having a separate Lindsay-->Lucy storyline already sounds more realistic and interesting than any "Rikki kidnapping Lucy" storyline would sound, but it would be interesting to see her again.

Did they confirm whether the Mac storyline would have anything to do with Dunbrook, or that USB stick everyone was chasing last season? Because at least we know Dunbrook is a nemesis Mac already has - I'm not sure I'll buy a random new nemesis coming out of the woodwork. In every season since mid-S3, someone's had it in for him. It's beyond irritating. If CSI needs to stop with the soap-opera crud, they also need to get rid of the Batman/Superman/Spiderman/superhero thing, with the arch-enemies just piling up in the wings waiting to get their asses kicked.

If the Irish gang ever did come back, they'd go after Flack rather than Mac, wouldn't they? He's the one who made the arrest.

14. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i'm not sure - even in that episode flack told them to let the hostages go and take him instead because it was his fault they'd lost their drugs etc, but they didn't go for it. i got the impression they didn't really care about individuals!

i doubt it's the drug gang anyway because of the time difference - there's been 2 whole seasons and you'd think if they were desperate for revenge they'd have done it by now!

15. kinehelene

kinehelene Hit and Run

when is season 6 starts????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.