Grade Season Five

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 15, 2009.

?

How would you grade CSI: NY Season Five?

1. A+

19 vote(s)
    18.1%
  2. A

18 vote(s)
    17.1%
  3. A-

7 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. B+

15 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. B

12 vote(s)
    11.4%
  6. B-

9 vote(s)
    8.6%
  7. C+

6 vote(s)
    5.7%
  8. C

6 vote(s)
    5.7%
  9. C-

5 vote(s)
    4.8%
  10. D+

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  11. D

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  12. D-

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  1. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i really liked it too but i'm beginning to wonder if i was watching the same thing as everyone else :lol:

2. tobinhr

tobinhr Hit and Run

I'm going with a C-.

I don't care for the D/L pairing nor the story arc this season. I started watching the show regularly maybe early in the 4th season. (It was reruns on Spike..) Anyway, it took me a long time to realize there WAS a relationship between D/L! And then, I was surprised to see it had been sexual since the end of season 2...There just seems to be no spark between them.

The first episode (Veritas?) was so anti-climatic. Here's Mac in deep sh!t. Here's Mac magically OUT of deep trouble and solving the case. Sex, Lies and Silicone and the whole flash drive story had SUCH potential and then "boom." It was gone. Down a freaking subway grate?? LOVED Ed Asner. That was probably the best episode, story-wise. And "Pay Up" was fantastic. Eddie Cahill is a gifted actor...

I can't believe Eddie Cahill was not "offered for nomination" by CBS. They send Carmine, Hill and AJ! Come on, TPTB!

3. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^^ i quite liked veritas but you're right, it was *supermac* again! tbh that's probably why i liked it, i like a bit of supermac ;)

well, literally it means "beaten/whipped fields" but that doesn't really make much sense. i guess it's a french idiom but i can't find any clues, even in a couple of online idiom dictionaries. je ne peux pas le traduire, désolée!

4. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

- A

One season sublimates for me! It was centered on Mac, Stella the DL and an epoustouflante End with one Don Flack completely confusing!
    I'm really adored!

5. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I have given it a B+. There were some standout episodes this season- Yarzeit etc that really lifted it. Most of the other stories were good. There were a few dull ones, but thats the same on any show.
    What I didn't like about the season was all the D/L stuff. It seemed unbelievable to me. And there was too much of it. I also wasn't into having loads of ongoing stories running. The Greek thing and the flashdrive thing both started off well but fizzled out along the way.
    I did think there were some good team moments though, and plenty of Flack. So what I mean to say is that all in all I enjoyed the season!

6. lowey

lowey Hit and Run

I gave it an A+ cause I really liked most of the episodes. i loved the Flack/Angell development, and the fact that we got to see a bit of Adam outside the lab. I loved the guy that Nelly played, and his interaction with Danny and Flack always made me laugh. A lot. I loved Flack's sarcasm and it was great meeting his sister. It was great the way that Adam got more screen time.
    BUT
    The whole Danny/Lindsay marriage and baby thing irritated me so much. I'm not a Lindsay fan AT ALL, and I thought that the marriage was done really badly. I liked the way that they had Danny talking to that couple to introduce the pregnancy, thought that was a great idea. But I hated the way Lindsay tried to shut him out the entire time, IMO. I used to sort of like D/L, but I completley went off them this season, and started to love F/A, but then the writers killed that. Literally.:scream:
    But overall, I thought most of the episodes were really good. i LOVED Yahrzeit, it was so moving. Most of the crimes were really interesting, (but don't start me on the coins) and Sex, Lies and Silicone made me laugh the whole way through :lol::lol: *claps*

7. gypsy

gypsy Police Officer

I have graded A+. I have really enjoyed this season, although, as much as I enjoyed the season finale, neither season 4 or 5 have topped snow day in my opinion.

8. mrsmesser1

mrsmesser1 Victim

i agree. snow day is probably the best season finale yet. but i have to say that i only started watching because i love the danny and lindsay parts of the show. it makes the show that much better. i also like the episode when lindsay tells danny she loves him.

9. xSweetCSIx

xSweetCSIx Civilian

I gave it a B+ but thinking about it maybe a B. The cases were very well thought of and i loved all the Flack and Angell relationship. However the D/L baby marriage rubbish and Danny continually taking Flack's friendship for granted just ruined it for me. I also could've pulled it down for killing of Angell but I thought it was very well written her death and gave Eddie a good chance to show of what an amazing actor he is. Also loved Sam and Flack storyline hope there's more of that in season 6.

10. Madison

Madison Dead on Arrival

If 5 season to compare to all season NY, that B+. There is excellent serieses In all season NY, there is good, there is weak. The Balance. :lol:
    But if with Miami - that A.

But in outline - necessary to speak bad scenario "no"! :mad:

11. FieryRed

FieryRed Rookie

I gave an A- (ok, I really love the show)I think the season begun ok but then, well...., DL/baby issue poped up and the show became DLcentered and I didn't like it at all. I hope for a better season 6 :)

12. lox3csimiami22

lox3csimiami22 Hit and Run

I gave the season a B.
    It was good and there were some awesome cases.
    I like it.

13. LVNYfan1113

LVNYfan1113 Dead on Arrival

A+ simply because season 5 is so far the best of NY. 'Yarhzeit' and 'Pay Up' were so good but let us not overlook some very good episodes the past season such as. Out of the 25 episodes I really liked 18 episodes. The rest were just average like 'Veritas', 'Page Turner', 'No Good Deed', 'The Past, Present and Murder', 'Dead Inside', 'Help', and 'Forbidden Fruit'.

14. Kemy

Kemy Dead on Arrival

Yeahhh!!!

Give me..hm, three montsh and I would LOVE to rate this season.

Tomorrow they start showing it in Germany!!!
    Oh my god. I'd have been dead if the internet didn't exist. They have never been that late before except for season one..of course and that was unproblematic cause nobody knew about the show.
    yeah! one day left til season five...what was the first episode again?
    the robbery thing with mac hostage...good one.
    but still..can't wait for epi #9..

15. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i went for A as well - i really enjoyed season 5 after seeing it once on tv and now i have the dvds i have watched it more and can make a better judgement. i still really enjoyed it and there are almost no episodes that i think i'm unlikely to watch much again - all the seasons have a couple of less than great eps, but 5 was pretty consistent, i liked it a lot. and the fact they handled some big issues (smuggling, trafficking, holocaust, etc) made it even better.

there were a couple of bugbears tho (d/l anyone?) so it wasn't an A+ ;)