CSI:NY Spoiler Discussion - Bring on Season 6!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

See I'd love to see Rikki back too. I would be pissed if they did bring her back that way. She was a great character. Danny had feelings for her. I Hate it when TPTB create these wonderful woman characters that the men fall for. But since they aren't 'the love of their lives' the women turn out to be crazy or deranged in some way. Why do that to Rikki? Why have her kidnap the baby? She's better than that.

Anyway, I hope she does come back and we have a conflicted Danny. Danny who is married with a child vs Danny with feelings of guilt remorse and attraction towards Rikki. Now THAT would be worth watching. ;)

2. kkennedytx

kkennedytx Rookie

From the 6.02 spoilers, it sounds like nobody dies in 6.01 (there goes the suspense--I thought someone was indeed getting cut from the cast!); everything's back to business as usual in 6.02. I predict the impact of Angell's death will be nil and the tptb will drop any potential Flack storyline (anguish over her death; guilt or remorse about killing the perp, etc.).

Most of all, I worry about the addition of a new CSI because guess who's screen time will most likely be cut to accommodate her? Most likely Flack, Hawkes, Sid, and Adam. Hopefully the speculation that she and Lindsay will clash won't lead to anything, because although I don't hate Lindsay, I'm not all that keen on the character and would prefer not to have her sucking up some screen time that could go to those most likely to lose time because of the new character.

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

^ Yeah, I definitely don't want to see Kaye clashing with people because she's the n00b - especially since they barely had that when Lindsay joined, and they apparently intended that 'clashing' to be ~*flirting*~ with Danny. :rolleyes: If anything, I'd like to see Kaye develop a good interaction with perhaps Hawkes, Adam or Flack so that we could see a new side of an existing character, as well as development for the new girl that also provides screentime for someone else. Win-win. ;)

I feel like a bad person, but I'm still leery of the fact that the character is female - only because I don't want them to fall into the 'love interest' trap from the get-go. :shifty: I really hope to be proven wrong, of course, but it still worries me.

4. Cyn-B-Demented

Cyn-B-Demented Police Officer

Hahaha!!! I was imagining what it would have been like if Rikki would have told Danny before leaving : "By the way... I think you gave me herpes!" :lol: Such a sweet man, indeed! :guffaw:

And I agree with you, Flack should feel devastated and maybe mention to Danny how is he trying to cope with his grief because Danny's been there with Reuben, etc. I don't know. They can't just kill a character and don't act like it never happen the next season. Even Aiden's death had a follow up of some sort.

Condoms for Danny and pills for Lindsay! lol Maybe they tried the spray condom and that just led to Lucy!

It would be extremely cliché (and Rikki's baby would be asian omgz!), kinda like a baby drama or Kaye being the "other woman", but it seems they want to write cliché stuff for Danny in the past seasons?! So I wouldn't be impress at all :lol: Gosh it bothers me that they stop showing Danny's complex personnality and depths... Maybe Danny as a father will bring up some stories he never told before? But they fucked up his family background by saying he was *suddendly* from a family of cops in S5... :shifty:

Hahaha, you could teach a few things to Danny about how to use condoms :lol: and give Lindsay contraceptive pills?! LOL Their frivolous times are over!

Rikki coming back would be great! I loved her a lot. But I wonder what could be her reason to come back... :confused: or a reason that would make sense, anyways. And I would have prefer much less drama too! The audience doesn't have to know every little problem they have in their every-day life lol

And thanks on the comment on my avvie and siggy :D

I would LOVE to see something like that. Can you imagine... Rikki and Kaye causing trouble in paradise for Lindsay?! :lol: I think she'll have a nervous breakdown lol

5. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

Based on those 6.02 spoilers, it does look like things are back to normal in that episode. On the other hand, it seems like the kind of episode they could run at any point in the season, so I wonder if they could shoot it now and actually air it a bit later in the season.

I will be disappointed if they don't do something interesting with the cliffhanger. It's a good opportunity to give a personal storyline to one of the characters who don't normally get much screentime -- maybe have him (or her) struggle with recovering from an injury and questioning the desire to continue working with CSI. Or come up with a compelling case, motive, and villain to explain why the shootings occurred. Oh well....

The D/L comments do sound pretty general at this point, but it's not unexpected that they will face new challenges. When it comes down to it, they are still the only relationship that's being treated as an evolving, ongoing storyline, so I expect the drama with them to continue until TPIC find another couple to focus on.

Re: Rikki, I've always suspected they intended to bring her back with a pregnancy storyline, and even though it's cliche, that's the type of story they could do even one or two years down the road -- having Rikki show up with a child that Danny never knew about. :rolleyes: I hope if Rikki actually shows up again that they give her something more to work with -- perhaps find a way to connect her appearance to some issue with Ollie Barnes.

As for Kaye, if she isn't showing up until later in the season, for me that brings up the question again of whether she will be a cast addition or an eventual replacement for someone else. It still seems odd to me that they can justify adding someone new (both in the CSI and real world) given budget and cost issues.

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Maybe Danny can comfort Flack the same way he comforted Rikki: sex. :devil: Danny's good at that and hey, at least Flack can't get him pregnant. :lol:

I agree with ladyhunter that Rikki is a great dynamic character and that what was between her and Danny was complex and real. I don't want to see her come back and try to kidnap Lucy or something. :rolleyes: I kind of think the original plan may have been to have her come back pregnant--though I could be wrong about that--but I'd love to see her come back in some interesting way, not just to make waves for Danny and Lindsay but for a really good storyline for both her and Danny. The Ruben storyline was one of my favorite Danny arcs because it was complex and gut-wrenching: there was no way for Danny to fix what happened to Ruben. It was an impossible situation, and I liked that.

602 sounds good, I'm just a little wary of get another nemesis for Mac. There have been so many....

7. raymakay

raymakay Dead on Arrival

LOL. I choked on my coffee with the Flack and Danny comment.

I always wondered if Rikki was going to come back pregnant or with a kid and then Anna announced her pregnancy so they scratched it completely. I do hope she comes back but not like a psycho stalker or kidnapper.

I agree on 6.02 sounding good but I worry about the whole Mac getting another nemesis thing too. Come on - how many more can be out there.

8. kkennedytx

kkennedytx Rookie

I think we can guess about this a little bit--it's an enemy (person or group?) of Mac Taylor's (old enemy, new enemy--who knows?) with a personal grudge/vendetta against Mac, who decides to seek revenge/retribution by terrorizing Mac and all those he holds near and dear. Could be that Irish group from Snow Day. Or a new stalker/threat to Mac, because he's the one character who rarely gets a story line! ;)

9. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

I'm not so sure of that.The guy is focusing on the injustice of the hospital and brought Macs dad into it for the emotional effect, but what the heck he is dying anyway so will not be around to be a nuisance. Also in exposing the plot lines for the second episode they did not give it all away, and there could still be some emotional Flack moments in there. I read that they have not even cast Kaye Sullivan yet, but did see the try out mentioned earlier cant remember her name at the moment, but not sure she got the part or not. As someone mentioned maybe they will bring her in down the road. And as for the first episode do you guys think it has not been filmed yet? I have to wonder that it was filmed back when they filmed the finale because I saw an article indicating that it will be promising in its emotional effect and will deliver a worthy conclusion to the finale. All in all we are still right back where we started... who, what, when, and where!

10. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

:lol:I agree but if he's stupid enough to sleep with two women without protection at his age then he really kind of deserves whatever happens if rikki comes back:p

11. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Could you imagine if this did happen? What should Lindsay do? Should she kick him out even though he slept with Rikki while the two of them were on a "break" or whatever? The child support payments to two women would be endless entertainment, but the show would have jumped the shark by then and/or simply ventured into "Miami" territory.

12. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Well, we do know Danny's good at using his body to comfort people... :devil: :devil: :devil:

I've always thought that was the case. I think the pregnancy storyline was just moved over to Lindsay when Anna got pregnant. I could be wrong, but I've always thought that was what would have brought Rikki back.

Agreed!

It just gets tiring and starts to feel cartoonish after a while. We get it, we get it, Mac is the great defender of the city. But the fact that his father is referenced in 602 makes me worry that we'll get another nemesis a la the 333 stalker.

I'd rather see the Tanglewood boys come after Danny or see Flack go on some sort of vengeance quest to take out gang members or something. :p

LOL! Maybe Danny is just trying to popular NYC with children who will love him unconditionally. :lol:

13. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

I agree i don't want him to turn into another Horatio and have throwaway enemies everywere who are scary and threatening for about 5 minutes and then die or go to prison:p

14. raymakay

raymakay Dead on Arrival

Well I hope there are some emotional Flack moments. Like you said the spoilers don't give it all away. I think it would be interesting if the changes in Flack were also physical. Maybe sloppy, unshaven, the whole bad boy thing. (OH Yea, Bad Boy looking Flack - I could handle that for awhile.)

I really just hope that the Angell storyline doesn't get swept aside. They spent the season building up the relationship and then killing her off. Hopefully we see some continuity even if it is just little subtle moments.

15. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

I do hope you get your wish, but the Continuity Fairy rarely makes guest appearances on this show! I mean -- let's use a golden oldie example! -- Flack recovered from what was very likely a septic open-belly injury in just 3 short months and was barely walking around with a limp! Heck, it takes a good 6 - 8 weeks to recover from a C-section and his injury was waaaaay worse than that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.