Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Mrs.DelkoWolfe Lab Technician

I disagree if Calliegh is the new girl in 97 then the case would be her first murder case since as we see in season 1 Eric is the new guy (even thought he seems to have been there a year or two at the max putting his arrival date in the team somewhere between 1999 and 2001). This could not be Eric's first case it wouldn't make sense since in S1 it is said that Calliegh was the new girl when RAYMOND CAINE was there as a CSI and H would also have to be a CSI too. I really do think that it is Calliegh's first case and not Eric's.

2. belluvsmiami

belluvsmiami Prime Suspect

[/QUOTE]So Delko will be our Mary Alice from Desperate Housewives or Meredith Grey from Grey's Anatomy? :lol:[/QUOTE]

:guffaw::guffaw: oh god you so made me laugh can today get any better???

I always thought speedle was there first then calleigh then eric cos first ep looked like H was still showing eric the ropes???

Maybe the writers need to take notes on what has happened and in what order and then when they go to write an ep preview the notes and then go OOOOH RIGHT O lets get it right???

Instead of us picking out whats right and wrong on here.....

Tsk tsk tsk writers.....im thinking theres alot of ball dropping going on.....still intrested though.....

3. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Just bring Speed back! :hugegrin: That will make it all better!

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Even with his problems,Ryan hasn't reached the revolving door phase yet.
    Speaking of depleted drama,Horatio's is not the only one there.
    Agreed that a flashback could work if executed correctly, are the writers up to to it? We will have to wait and see if it can be pulled off.

5. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

^ I hope this season rocks our socks off.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  6. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Can I sulk with you guys? :(

I'm trying so hard to find anything positive to latch onto for season 8 - but Eric hurt and in a coma? Emergency ride to the hospital? Defibulator again? Jeez! Calleigh will probably stub her big toe while running to watch through the emergency room door windows, crying the obligatory girlfriend tears, and have to be admitted as well. :rolleyes:

This is just another setup for more Eric and Calleigh soap opera drama that we'll have to suffer through for another freaking season. :rolleyes:

What about the rest of the team?

I'm seriously concerned that Ryan, Natalia and Frank are going to get shut out again! We're starting off the new season with what appears to be a total dismissal of those who weren't part of the original team. I'm with MJ when it comes to the writers constantly finding not so subtle ways to point out that Ryan and Natalia aren't really part of the team.

And most everyone knows that I adore David Caruso, but I'm not blind. The man has aged. Tell me how they plan to convincingly knock off 12 years without making him look ridiculous? Horatio, when we first saw him in 2002, was thinner, had a little more hair and a lot less of life was showing in his face. And I'm not being overly critical. I'm 53. The same age as David. I know I'm not anywhere near as youthful looking today as I was in 1997!

Okay - I'm going to count to 1,000 and maybe I'll feel a little more postive about this possible development. :(

7. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

I'm in the minority, but I prefer David's looks today to those back in NYPD Blue days. He always looked like a kid; now those life experiences add another dimension.
    How will they disguise Emily's enhancements?

8. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Sure we'll make room for you and anyone else that wants to come and sulk with us.:):(

I 100% agreed with you. I'm sick of the soap opera drama it's time to move on TPTB.:rolleyes: It's also time to move on from the "Wolfe replace ment Natalia mole" faults and bring the team! Both have earned their stripes and have the scars to prove it.:rolleyes:

Delynn I'm not making fun because I'm sure that you are a very wise and beautiful person at the young age of 53 but this statement gave me the funny image of someone taking David and smacking him while screaming "12 years younger!!" :guffaw:I love David and his character but I just couldn't help it.

9. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

^That's what I'm really worried about.
    If they could wrap up the russian mob crap and the E/C romance in this episode, it'll be worth it to me. But if they honestly are setting us up for moreeee E/C stuff, then count me out. I'm still wondering how where Ryan's OCD went, and if Natalia is just a figment of my imagination.

I'll agree with other people here- Ryan HAS gotten air time before, but you can give him all the air time in the world and it won't mean anything unless it actually goes anywhere beyond making him mad or making him make the ----> =( face.
    Ryan has seriously been deprived of the soul-searching stuff that has been previously given to other characters like Delko, and that is the stuff that matters to me.

10. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Oh, sweetie! Don't get me wrong. I love the way David looks. But to ask him to appear 12 years younger is a lot to ask. And I don't have a lot of faith in their makeup department. They'll probably try to do it by applying a lot of makeup that will do more harm than good.

In the end it'll just create more opportunities for bashing him. :(

And I know you're right about Emily's changes. But she's not a victim of mean-spirited bashing.

11. bogglesthemind

bogglesthemind Dead on Arrival

Just a few thoughts with regard to the Eric "first case" issue. Eric was doing underwater recovery before he was a CSI. They could be talking about his first case as a cop, not necessarily as a CSI. If this is the case, it could easily be at the same time Calleigh was new to CSI and maybe they interact on the case, not as fellow team members, but as cops from different departments. This is going way out on a limb given how little info we have, but maybe the the overall theme of the episode will be overcoming differences and accepting/supporting each other and will not just be about Eric and Calleigh, but about all of the team resolving their issues and coming out stronger on the other side.

As far as the coma/drama/romance issues go, I'm a big EC fan, but agree that the coma plot is always overdone. Unfortunately, this is true for a ton of non-medical tv shows across the board. As an MD, it drives me nuts when television writers get the medicine wrong or over-dramatized (don't let me get into Calleigh's 24-hr ARDS or the intra-cardiac epi given to Eric). That having been said, I love the show and since all we have is a tidbit of info, I'm choosing to remain optimistic that we don't have the whole story. For all we know this has nothing to do with Calleigh shooting at him. Maybe it's related to the bullet fragment in the temporal lobe. As for the EC romance, I love it, but certainly don't need it to be shoved down our throats. I would be totally satisfied if all we got were occasional touches, smiles, etc without it being a central story line.

Regardless, it's going to be a long 11 weeks, but I'm already getting excited and hopeful! Hopefully we'll have more encouraging spoilers so everyone can find things to be excited about too. :)

12. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

It's a good point that you mention Eric being on recovery, I myself had forggoten about that. However, from the way it sounds the case seems to be his first as a CSI, which wouldn't make sense as I said before. I'm still afraid that even with Eric and Calliegh working on the same case even if they are in different departments, that TPTB will shove more of the soap opera romance down our throat.

This is something I highly doubt. Until TPTB wraps up EC I do feel as though the episode will mostly be about Eric and Calliegh and I think we'll be lucky if TPTB even puts Horatio in there!
    I do think the comatose has to do with Calliegh shooting him. As for the EC romance...well I'll leave my comments on that for another board.

I hope your right about that because as of right now the pessimist in me has kicked up in full force.

Wasabi I really agree with you here I just want Ryan's OCD to kick up one good time and make him go crazy! Just once is all I ask! As far as Natalia goes I hope she gets a knock out storyline this season, because she really needs it. It's time to move past the mole and abusive stalker ex-husband stuff.

13. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

OCD would affect Ryan daily. It wouldn't come and go and it definitely would not make him go crazy! If his OCD is even moderate he would have a hard time doing his job. Stress makes OCD worse so they should've used that before with the nail in the eye and then the Russians beating him up. I think they used OCD to give him a clean gun which in turn they used to hire him and say he was good to go cause he cleaned his gun unlike Speed. Which is weird but whatever. They mentioned his OCD in another early episode but it wasn't much of an OCD thing, just ask one who has it, me! :D

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I really doubt that Eric's coma means that Calleigh did shoot him. First, because after she took a shot at him we saw him looking at her and he did not look badly hurt and much less in way to a coma. I tend to believe that he was either hurt badly in the car crash or beaten up by some dudes.

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Maybe the impact from the car wreck did something with the bullet fragment that was already in his head from "Man Down" and that is why he's in the hospital? I'm not a medical expert, so I can't elaborate. So, I'll ask those who are medical experts. Could an impact from a car crash have a life-threatening impact to the bullet fragment that is in his head?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.