Horatio & Yelina #3 ~Goodbye Doesn't Mean Forever~

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Feb 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hummer

Hummer Lab Technician

Very beautiful update, HnM. You are our writer. :D

I totally understand what you mean, Pusher :). Although, wasn't there an episode where someone mentions Raymond met Yelina first? Wasn't it H?

2. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

I didn't even see Pusher's post earlier! :eek: What happened there? I know. I was half asleep! :rolleyes:

Indeed, in 'Blood Brothers', H says to Y, "I used to think, that if you hadn't met Raymond first, that you and I...."
    So, we can assume from this that H met Y after she met Ray.

There are many fanfic possibilities for these two out there for sure. I sometimes wish I had more time to write. My fic is for the future, but looking into their past would be another avenue I would love to go down. HnM's fic has covered some of this very nicely indeed ie. when Ray was away from home alot and H would always be there for her.

A fic that details their very first encounter would be very interesting.

3. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

Thanks for the comments re my fic guys. :) And quite a compliment Hummer ;).

Thanks for the matrimonal pic again, Luce. Helps wipe away those cowwebs out of my mind after getting 2 hours of sleep last night. Blah. :) We're definately anticipating your fic, also. No pressure though, right guys? :lol:

I really would like to read a fic where the writer goes farther back and describes their first meeting. It would definately make for an enticing read. Just an example of how many more H.Y fic ideas are out there. :D

4. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

HnM, great to have you back in the H/Y fold sooner than expected. Your continuing fic, is as always,a wonderful tonic. So good on you. :) Same goes for those who have been been generous enough to share their H/Y stories with all of us. Thanks much.

A quickie word on "GYM". Pusher has so kindly given us the verbatim dialogue from that scene in the parking lot. This is one of my fav scenes in the Miami canon verse because of the deliberate setting up of the parallels between H and Ray Jr.; parallels that center upon and revolve around Raymond.

RJ's getting into trouble in school because he's fighting (literally) to protect his father's honor. H is also fighting the same battle to try and protect his brother's professional reputation.

The words of explanation that Horatio expresses to RJ may well be the same explanation he repeats to himself about the allegations against Raymond. From H's expressions one can clearly see how much RJ's words strike at him, almost like physical blows. Both, in their own way, are having to deal with the tormenting barrage of "Raymond/Dad's a dirty cop" being shoved in their faces. Aside from the blood ties that they share, it is this fierce determination to uphold their father/brother's memory that binds them in an even closer relationship.

This scene between Horatio and Ray Jr. reminds me of a verse, ironically enough, in the song "Daughters" by John Mayer.

"...Boys, you can break
    You find out how much they can take
    Boys will be strong
    And boys soldier on
    But boys would be gone without warmth from
    A woman's good, good heart..."

"soldier on" is EXACTLY how both Ray Jr and Horatio have responded to Raymond's death. As for "a woman's good, good heart...", Yelina's right on the money; she rings true every single time.

5. Lucy

You're most welcome. I am eternally grateful to Thumpy for that one. :)

EDIT: Tally, we posted at the same time again! Must be the trusty H/Y wavelength in operation! ;) Wonderful post. :D

6. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

Tally, your posts are awesome! :D

Infact, the quality of this thread in general is such a high standard. The posts, the pics and the fics (it's all getting a bit poetic!). As much as I love H/Y, the fact that this is such a great place to hang out draws me back almost daily now. :)

7. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

i too like the epi Hell Night..there was a lot H/Rj chat...

Y call H

H: Horatio. Hey, what's wrong?
    Y: I'm sorry to pull you away.
    H: It's Ray Jr.What's going on with Ray?
    Y: My mom said he never came home after school.
    H: What does your mom have to do with this?
    Y: She's watching Ray for this weekend while we're out of town.
    H: Yelina, tonight is a big night for kids. I'm sure he's okay.
    Y: He's been hanging out with this new group of boys. One of them is 15. Uh, Christopher Owens. He just got his learner's license. He's trouble.
    H: I'll look into it. I'll call you back. Hang in there.

i was so sad for H...his face there was show all his emotion, jealousy..

H find Rj

H: what about some new friends for you?
    Rj: They're cool.
    H: They're not cool, Ray. Chris is a vandal. He's had priors for disorderly conduct.
    Is that what you want? You want to be like Chris? We'll talk about it in the car. Come on.

H is a real father to Rj

H and R in CSI Miami

H: Ray, I need to know what happened last night with the paint gun.
    Rj : I don't know what you're talking about.
    H: Ray. What happened before I arrived?
    Rj: Nothing, just target practice.
    H: Ray. A man was killed last night. He was shot three times with red paint within a half mile of where you guys were. So don't tell me it was target practice. What happened?
    Rj : He's dead?
    H: Mm-hmm.
    Rj : But it was Halloween. We were just messing around.
    But...it was just a paint gun.
    H: Who shot him?
    Rj: We all did.
    H: Ray, a man lost his life. So tell me who shot him.
    Rj: We all did.
    H: Ray, here's what I want you to do.I don't want you to speak to anybody.Not a secretary.
    Not an officer.Nobody.Until I tell you otherwise, you understand?
    Rj: Yes, sir.
    H: You sit tight, huh?

for me when Rj come big man will be like H :)

H ans R

R: Lieutenant Caine?
    H: Mm-hmm?
    R: Rebecca Nevins, State Attorney's office.So, Raymond Caine Jr.
    H :Yes, he's my nephew. Your office really moved on this, didn't they?
    R: It's the administration. Obviously with your brother's .. past, no one would want to be perceived as playing any special favors.
    H: Well, actually, I'm more concerned that my nephew may be made an example.
    R: The other three boys gave him up as the shooter.
    H :I guess that puts you in a funny position, and you're gonna take their word
    or wait for the evidence, right?
    R : Exonerating evidence? Didn't know you had any.
    H : Stick around. I'm full of surprises.

H always defend the family

H and the bad kid -Chris?

C :About time. My dad out there?
    H: You are not going anywhere, my friend, because you are the subject
    of a murder investigation.
    C: I told you, Ray's the one who shot at that guy.
    H: Are you sure about that, Chris?
    C: Yeah, Michael and Dominic'll tell you the same thing.No doubt they will.
    H: I need to let you know that anything that you say to me now will affect the way you're
    treated on these charges. I make the recommendation to the State Attorney, Chris.
    C: Ray shot the guy.
    H :That's not true, Chris, is it? Ray... tried to stop it. You shot him. You shot the man, didn't you?
    C : Tell Ray... no hard feelings.
    H :You know what, Chris? I think you should tell him yourself.

hummm my fav H not like now in S4

Y and S come to take Rj

Rj :I feel bad for that man. I can't stop picturing the look on his face.
    H : Well, his name is Martin Conner, and I don't want you to stop picturing it. You understand why?
    Rj :I think so.
    H : Okay. Your mom will be here any minute. With Stetler.
    Rj : You never come around anymore.
    H : Well, buddy, um... I guess I'm just trying to give
    your mom some space.
    Rj : She doesn't need space.
    H : You know what we need, you and me? We need a fishing trip.
    Rj : - Really? - Yeah.
    H: Yeah, definitely. Excuse me a minute.
    Y: Hey, buddy. (to Rj) Thank you. (to H )
    H : Anytime.
    Y: You know, we should get home.
    Rj: Okay.
    S: Thanks for stepping in, Horatio.
    H :Well, he's my nephew, Rick.
    H :Saturday, buddy?
    Rj : We're on, Uncle Horatio.
    H: Okay, pal.

when Y/Rj/S go to home i just wont to cry

if i understand right Tally this epi and this H/Rj is to like

i agree...and feel that i`m not for here ... not befor start to learn english... :mad: i`m so so foolish only spoil the discussion... :(

8. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

It's great to be back, Tally :) and thanks for the compliments about my fic. I would be working on the next installment now but I'll save that for when this poor lamb has had some sleep.

Very wonderful post, also. You have a very eloquent way with words, and you certainly take all that is H.Y to another beautiful level. Always great to have you in here. :D

Yes, this place is indeed amazing. I think this has got to be one of the luckiest threads here. Everyone is so wonderful, it's surreal. We're a blessed bunch ;)!

Thanks for the dialouge Pusher, such a bittersweet episode for all of us.

9. Lucy

Aw, Pusher, you don't spoil the discussion one bit. Your english is really very good, and rather better than my Bulgarian! :lol:

You are one of the regulars here now. We won't let you go anywhere - anyway, you are right behind me, so no chance of that! :D

Also, I love your posts! The dialogues are great too. MD is right, there is alot of quality stuff here and everyone contributes to that. ;)

10. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

wow <font color="greenish">Lucy</font> i just break from laugh :lol:

THANKS A LOT FOR UR SUPPORT !!!!

for ur birthday will make one rela present to u...know what ?!?! English - Bulgerian dictionary....so to see how it is to be on the other side hahahha :D

11. Lucy

^ Maybe then I can interpret that post you made for me in the Misc Forum. I still don't know what you wrote! :lol:

Sorry, off topic. ;)

12. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

i show to u...there was not need to know what i write long time ago...i can`t believe that u still remember this :D

end out of topic

13. Lucy

I have a memory like an elephant! :rolleyes:

I must go and sort my H/Y 'Whacked' pictures out. :D

14. PeanutsFan

PeanutsFan Prime Suspect

Just getting my H/Y fix. I agree so much with what MD said about this thread. Schoolwork has been swamping me lately, but I try to look in here when I can. I always enjoy the pictures and fics so much. I've given up watching season 4. If I hear some positive spoilers, I'll return to the show, but not until then. So glad this thread is so alive! :D

15. Lucy

Good to see you again Peanut. :)

Here are a few of my 'Whacked' caps. I've been studying Horatio's expressions in this scene. They are just so telling, and these 3 tell a story all by themselves....

[​IMG]

Concerned....

[​IMG]

Taking a closer look to make sure she's okay (I love the way he's studying her face here)

[​IMG]

Relieved and happy she's okay.....his delivery in this scene when he says, "It looks like you didn't need me afterall", was almost flirtatious I thought, once he could see that she was fine. You can tell he's really proud of her too. Aw! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.