Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

The fact that they're going to use the defibrilator on the guy another time just annoys. I mean he already survived with deficiensies from his first defibrilator experience (oh yeah he was dead for more than 11 minutes :rolleyes:...crap!) and I really don't see why it is necessary even now. Couldn't just leave him with a gaze on his shoulder thanks to Calleigh's bullet? Did she really have to almost kill him? Because, OFC, he's not going to die, otherwise he wouldn't be on the show :scream:.

Sorry, but I'm really tired of this kind of storyline when people have to lie down on a bed in a coma to realize how certain things are so important for them!

I too hope you're wrong, but I'm sure there's now way we're going to be able not to worry about those two, even if we loved them.

BTW, what about Sharova? I mean they can't end a season in a certain way making us believe they're gonna devolop the great relationship the old man has with his son....and then completely blow it up, but hey this is Miami for you :rolleyes:

2. electra

electra Pathologist

Going back to an old case can be really good.I remember vegas "If I had a hammer" was one of the best episodes, so Miami has the chance to so something great.There is a way to involve the whole team if they want.Good move to a season premiere ,IMO.If they find a way to bring Speed,it would be perfection.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  3. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Hopefully the whole team will be involved but we know Miami has a problem with that. An old case would be a great episode but if the whole team is not involved the episode will really suck for me. I'm hoping this is the season all the unequal screentime and storylines come to an end.

4. belluvsmiami

belluvsmiami Prime Suspect

Oh great way to start my day but.......

Always a but why why why is he in a coma i thought maybe in a ditch some where but a coma.....havent we been here done this on him before???? in a way (man down)

Although am interested in seeing flashback....to see if they can pull it off but....yes another but.....

Ryan and Natalia and Frank where are they???:(

Maxine???

Eagerly awaiting to see how this pans out !

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I'm wondering if this may be a small error & that it's just supposed to say "THE first case", instead of "his" meaning Eric's.
    From what I read there's alot of Calleigh & Horatio seen back in '97, & Calleigh is the "new girl" , which would indicate that this might be her first case, & not Eric's. I was always under the assumption that Calleigh came into the lab first....or are tptb just convienantly changing things again? :rolleyes:
    Anyway, the things I read, which isn't much mind you, didn't show or say anything about Eric back in '97 - I'm seeing more Horatio & Calleigh along with fellow officers from that timeframe.

I'm just going to throw out the theory that maybe Calleigh is having doubts as a CSI (considering Eric's condition & the possibility that she put him there), & this is where the flashbacks are maybe coming in?

6. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

CSI Files just posted a thing about the premiere, here.

7. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

So will we be seeing Speed? After what Rory sort of said at the premier of Public Enemies maybe they wanted him back for this? Maybe he said no, who knows. But he could fit in there, don't you think? And btw, how many times is Eric going to almost die? It's like a soap opera, lol!

8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well it was even worse than a coma. Let's say that if I had been an MD there, I sooooooo would have called it instead of injecting him the intracardiac after a quarter of an hour. Yeah to me this show has a big gap from a medical POV.

I just can't understand.....why is it that necessary especially when you know that Delko is going to be perfectly fine in no time? Unless they want to resususcitate the guy **rolls eyes**

Thank god that they wanted to bring back the original aspect of the show. I mean the team spirit was the key aspect of it which made it different from LV and NY. I really can't see how this premiere can improve the dramatic situation Miami is in.

Unless they show us a little bit of nowdays (then again, I'm pretty sure it will be just about Calleigh at Delko's bedside and H asking the MD how his brother in law is going to be :rolleyes:), I really don't see how Frank, Ryan and Natalia are part of the episode.

Let's just say that the presuppositions aren't the best ones, to me *ahem*
    MJ I was thinking the same thing as you as it really talks much more about Calleigh (she's the newbie) rather then Delko. So I really don't see how this could be that meaningful for the guy unless, as always TPTB screwe up and magically Delko came into the crime lab before Calleigh and H *shrugs*

Maraiana thanks for pointing that out. I truely wish Rory could return, but that interview got me so confused!!! I mean unless I'm dyslexic (which I am *ahem* ) he said that was it on the show.
    Though, it would be pretty idiotic to creat an episode in 1997 without Speedle (even without Alexx, I'd like to add LOL)

So Delko will be our Mary Alice from Desperate Housewives or Meredith Grey from Grey's Anatomy? :lol:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  9. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

YAY. Delko episode...again!

The only way this episode is going to be worth it to me is if they do something to finalize the E/C romance. I don't care how they do it, they just need to do it.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  10. Anni Grey

Anni Grey Coroner

What can I say? I know how tiring it is to recycle a plot point, but seriously, Delko was shot. What else is there , him walking around aimlessly as an amesiniac? To me, this is a great way to show where they came from* It's obvious that this is Eric's doing while in the coma, reflecting unconciously* but at the same time, I would hope that they would include scenes from the present as well. I mean, there's a case, right? If not, this will be the very first ep where it was about the CSI solely and not an underlying case, in which, it's been eight seasons, it's time to do something new. I personally think that it's cool they're going this route to show the origins, and slap me and call me Susie, but if we can get Speed in there ONCE again- it's well worth the soap opera plot contrievences.

With all said and done, however, I'm excited...I'm waiting....I'm so there in September.

11. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Mrs.DelkoWolfe Lab Technician

I do believe Calliegh was first to enter the team so there probably will be her first case and not Delko's since in season 1 Delko was the new guy. but then again TPTB do have a bad habit of change things around:rolleyes:.

I do agree MJ that Callegh could be having doubts about being a CSI especially with the possibility that she put Eric in a coma. Going back to when she was dating Haguen we see that Calliegh transferred from ballistics to toxocology when Haugen shot himself. Now with her possibly shooting Eric is quite possible that she might just transfer to another lab or quit altogether.

I also think that this case if it is her case and not Eric's could draw a parralell to the situation with Eric at this point. In which case I once again believe that Calliegh will start to serously think about her future as a CSI. I also believe and slightly hope that this will bring a conclusion to the E/C romance.

12. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe they want us to believe that Delko is the one having hallucination (again :rolleyes:), but, actually it will be Calleigh reflecting on her carreer. I mean after all she was the one who put Delko in a hospital. If I were her, also considering Hagen's case, I sooo would reflect on my carreer, possibely on my whole life.

And maybe she make a drastic choice about her carrer/life. At least that would be a closure...good or bad, I don't care :p

13. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Calleigh did come into the lab first.. because there was some conversation between Eric and Calleigh in the episode Grave Young Men, I think, where he asks her about Ray and she says something about he had 'died' when she first started at the lab.. or something along those lines. So TPTB probably is changing things up so it's convenient and goes along with their storyline..:rolleyes:

I'm really not sure what to expect from this episode. It seems like they're taking a risk doing this. Eric- in a coma and probably shot again. It seems a but unnecessary. Honestly, so does the whole flashback plot. I'm hoping that while this flashback is going on, which I'm assuming is a dream or memory of Eric's he's having while he's in a coma, we get to see present time and the CSIs solving all the issues with Eric and his dad.. and maybe something else that isn't so Eric focused. That shouldn't be too much to ask.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  14. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I hope we get to see some present day action too. While a case circa 1997 can be interesting,it won't be an interesting story for me if only part of the team is shown and some of the issues are not resolved.

15. Anni Grey

Anni Grey Coroner

Of course, being that this is a spoiler, much can be alluded to.But here's a thought for the nay sayers. Yes, it says 97 Calleigh's considered the new girl, but she can be new to the department and old as a CSI , there fore, this could be still Eric's first murder case. -OR- This could very well be the ideas of the 'new school' of Miami who forgot to watch old eps... I tell ya, continuity is such a problem...

It still remains to be seen, however, as to how the season goes. There were always implications that Delko would have lasting effects from his brain injury, and well, he was put in the forefront because of his father, what better way to finish the story arc with something like this? Honestly, if not Eric, then who? Horatio's been depleted of drama, Calleigh's been the victim... Ryan's been in and out the lab like it's a revolving door- come to think of it, EVERYONE with the exception of Nat has had their fair share of drama...WAIT...Even she has had a story arc Bast**d of a dead ex hubby anyone? Everyone's had their turn, now it's time for something new. A flashback isn't such a bad idea...if executed correctly. Let's hold out hope that season eight will be the one to beat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.