CSI, Detective, Lab Rat or Coroner?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Faylinn, Jan 5, 2009.

1. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

aside from the fact that mac is clearly my favourite character, i tend to like the lab rats and coroner types more. i liked grissom mainly because he was clearly a frustrated lab rat himself - he obviously seemed to prefer the sciencey bit of cases to the detectivey bit, i thought that was quite cool.

my other favourites in vegas are archie (he's ace, and very cute), david (although i like doc robbins too, david's just so nervous and stuff, he's a lot like adam in NY i always think), i really like wendy too, she's *so* cute :) my favourite vegas lab rat, though, has always been hodges. i know a lot of people don't like him because he can be a bit mean and sarcastic but that is exactly why i like him - i like cynicism and sarcasm and although i like that most people in the show (at least the ones that aren't killers) are nice people, i think it's important (and more realistic) to have one character that is a bit sarcastic/mean sometimes. i always thought hodges was really funny as well, even when he's quite nasty to people i've always found it more funny than malicious.

as for NY, apart from mac who i just adore, my favourite characters are adam, hawkes, flack and sid - so flack is upholding the detective contingent but there is a strong lab rat/coroner ratio too. i didn't like flack that much at first but he's really grown on me, he's such a lovely character, i like that he's quite similar to mac in many ways, very upright and usually goes by the book, but he's got that younger wit going on which i like (and of course he's quite easy on the eye ;)), and i thought he did a great job in pay up, it was so sad!

i think hawkes is great because he's such a cool customer, he always seems to use his head but is often quite funny as well. sid and his bonkers autopsy reports always make me smile (the bit when mac says he often wonders about performing a live autopsy on himself is just great because it gives sid a chance to be even weirder than usual!), and i really want those glasses!

i absolutely love adam, i think he's so cool - i like how he's always quite nervous around mac and stella (although that is getting less as he gets more comfortable there), the way he dances and sings to his ipod while he's working is really funny but he's clearly really into whatever he's doing. i really liked that they let him shine in down the rabbit hole, it was great to see adam teaching mac a thing or two rather than the other way around. i liked in some buried bones when he commented on how nelly furtado's character looked like she'd been bullied and danny was a bit confused and adam said his dad had been a bully - it was really understated but it explained a lot about his character and gave him a bit more depth. i like that he seems to see mac and stella as surrogate parents and the others like his siblings, he's just great :)

2. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

In general I like the detectives because of their interaction with the suspects and thus I love their funny quotes.

In CSI LV and CSI NY I can't make differences between CSIs, Lab Rats or Coroner. They are all pretty good.

In CSI Miami they focus more on the CSIs and so they are more important than the Lab Rats. When Alexx was the ME she was as important as the CSIs but I wouldn't say the same about Tara.

3. lal

lal Pathologist

Hi i would have to be a CSI :)

4. Mirabella

Mirabella Victim

i pick the lab techs + when did nick sing 4 mandy cuz i didnt see that ep:confused:

5. SBonasara

SBonasara Victim

I cant decide, I love them all lol.

I love the CSI's because of the relationship you get with them (not in a freaky creapy way) - I mean the way you start caring about them and becoming happy for them (like when Danny and Montana got together). Although I dont like Sara Sidle much she irritates me.

I love the detectives because they are like the hard nuts - Flack and Brass are just the type of people you would want to clear a room for you lol.

I love the Labbies cos they are just the nerds. They listen to the good music, Live for the gadgets and they flirt with the CSI's. Also, gregg and adam are cuuute :p

And finally I love the Coroners cos they create the blanks for everyone else to fill. Without them, half the time their wouldnt be a story line. Although I wasnt too keen on Payton Driscoll.

6. Mynerva24

Mynerva24 Witness

Nah, i can't choose. I always enjoy the explanation that the lab rats and the coroners gave. I also enjoy the actions and interrogations by the detectives. And those CSIs are just fabulous. But, combination of CSI and Detective (e.g. Mac and Stella) is probably what i enjoy watching the most.

In LV, my fav is Nick, and he is a CSI.
    In Miami - though i can't really stand the show - it's Alexx and she's a coroner.
    In NY, i LOVE Stella, and she's a CSI as well as Det.

There. ^o^