Dear Writers...

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Ginnna, Mar 18, 2009.

1. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

Yeah that could work. The Miami ep Darkroom could have worked for all three as well as the villain alluded to being many places..

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Personally, I wouldn't want a crossover with Vegas cause we all know who the only character from Vegas would be who would get to go to Miami. the new guy. If there was a crossover, I'd much rather Greg and possibly Nick or Greg/Cath go. Cath has been there before, she knows the people (well Horatio and Calleigh anyway lol) and Greg well... that's just for purely selfish reasons... cause I wanna see Greg and Ryan interact. :lol: Actually, I'd like to see Greg and Dave interact too... I'm sure they could bond over similiar tastes in music. :lol: I wouldn't mind Riley going too, but with a Riley and a Ryan, it can get confusing. :lol: We haven't gotten to see a NY/Vegas crossover yet and I think they should do that one before they ever do another Miami/Vegas or Miami/NY one.

3. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Oh I'd love another crossover with LV, possibely with Calleigh and someone else too in LV.

I mean I've always kinda hated the ones with NY since it's always been H the person who got there with no one else.
    Plus the team from LV was the one who came to Miami.

So, yeah this storyline could work really great with LV and it would be really nice to have Calleigh in LV, too :D

Well a cross over with all three CSI's would be just awesome and yeah it could work really well :eek:

As for the other storylines.....as much I would like to have more glimpses on Calleigh's past/childhood especially with Duke's return (please TPTB don't tell me that my fav. alcoholist had died in a bar? :rolleyes:), I have to say that I wouldn't be mad at all, if they decided to give her some rest and ignore her for a while.....you know just to give something to Natalia.

Yeah I think it's really time to give her something good because I still can't believe we know almost nothing about her. I don't care whether it's a house, a dog, a hobby or anything else....just give Eva La Rue something to do, that is if she has no personal problems (which I hope she doesn't have ;))

I don't know what to add at the moment :p

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I agree,give Eva something to do.I know she works with different charities and foundations.Perhaps a story or crime dealing with one the charities could work also.
    I still would like more background info for Frank and Ryan also.

5. H-COOL

H-COOL Dead on Arrival

Thanks, Delynn. I enjoy your posts, too! ;) You are so right about the H character; Without him CSI: Miami would no longer exist. I visit and read a lot of fan boards. Overwhelmingly, H is the most popular CSI: Miami character with US and International fans. I know lots of DC/H-fans and Kindred Spirits and they overwhelmingly outnumber the DC/H-bashers by a very large margin.

You know... I ran across an old possible spoiler that was posted before S4 where it was suggested TPTB were planning to bring back an H ex-wife, NY District Attorney, who would be trying to get back at H and use his Father's death as a way of doing that. To me, this would have been interesting... but unfortunately we were given the Marisol story instead. Maybe, they could introduce a new/old NY Attorney H-foil (no H-Ex's... please... I've had enough with the HazMat Julia :p ) that could re-energize that story-line.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Dear Writers,

CSI: Vegas has vowed to focus its new season more on the forensics and less on the personal drama. Could you possibly do that as well? NY focuses on personal drama enough for all the shows (with the whole D/L/Baby storyline for example). I mean don't get me wrong, I don't mind meeting some existing family members for the team members (ie Frank's kids, Ryan's sibling(s), neice, uncle Ron, Nat's other sis, Cal's Mom/sibs, some of Eric's other sibs, etc) but... Mostly, I just want more forensics, more action and cool effects (ie explosions). But, enough of the split screen stuff. That is only cool when it's done once or twice. Now it's just bordering on annoying. :lol: Sorry, but it had to be said.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

And while you're at it, dear writers, please let some of your "stars" know that they are not the only ones who exist on this show. :rolleyes:

8. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

That's really nice to hear. Sometimes the negative is so harsh and overwhelming the postive gets lost. :)

I'd love to know exactly what they were trying to accomplish with the Marisol/Horatio relationship. I love both actors (Alana is wonderful on L&O), but that relationship had no passion whatsoever!

I wouldn't mind seeing Horatio have an ex who is a NY District Attorney, but I'd rather her be someone who is a normal, stable, solid professional (not a mental case like Julia). And give them a relationship that didn't end with them hating each other. It didn't work obviously, but that doesn't mean they can't still love and respect each other.

Possibly the ex could warn Horatio that another NY District Attorney has the grudge and is pulling up the past.

I just think revisiting Horatio's parents death, especially now that he has Kyle in his life, would be an awesome storyline for Horatio and most of the team (Tripp, Ryan, Natalia).

I agree totally with this statement!

9. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Dear Writers

I have read on the net that you are including another male character. I hope you will in the upcoming season be more aware as to where you want to go with each character. You just added a new MD and then kick her out. Then you have one couple in love. First you (almost;). You fellow hiphuggers know what I mean) overdo it then you go blank and back to almost overdoing it again.

I think you Americans call it consistentcy(?). Note this goes for storyline as well as characters.

Someone said the comic book feel was special to the CSI Miami and CSI Miami is/has been the most popular show abroad, so keep that part up.
    But in most comic books you have a limit cast and a few centercharacters eg Superman or Batman so take care when you include to many stars. And remember for any good crime story to work you have to have good evilian.

I have some more advice and will return later
    ยจ
    Enjoy the holidays and start the spoilers coming.

10. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Exactly. Personal ego trips get very boring very fast.

In fact, consider using family members for some other characters. We still don't know that much about Ryan's family. Maybe Danny Benton or Michael Travers or Maxine Valera or (You knew this was coming) even Rick Stetler has someone. Somebody wrote a fanfic somewhere in which Rick Stetler's sister fell in love with one of the CSI's and then later was assaulted. I thought that was a new and different storyline.

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Actually,I would like to know a little more about Rick.Of course,I'll always want to know more about Ryan.

12. H-COOL

H-COOL Dead on Arrival

I was disappointed to hear that a new cast member, new police detective would be added to the CSI: MI team. For at least 2 seasons now, fans have been "Frank Tripp and Natalia" deprived. These great characters were given a few seconds or no more than a few minutes in episodes. Ryan was given a little more screen time in the S7 premiere, but really only one S7 episode "Wolfe in Sheep's Clothing" could be considered a real Ryan episode". Now, with a new character (A detective transferring from the Hollywood Division... "oh brother" ) will this not hurt the addtional screen time fans have been clamoring for on Nat, Frank, and even on having normal H-ERO moments again? :confused:

I know the new actor is Cuban-American, but how will that help bring back a Miami feel and flare to the show if his background is Hollywood?

Maybe, this is move to try and bring back viewers from South of the Border? If they brought the extremely talented and beautiful Sofia Milos back on a more regular basis, she has a great fan following in Europe.

Sometimes, I think the CSI:MI writers have lost some of their once great ingenuity and writing skills viewers were given in the early seasons, and are just throwing new things against the wall to see what sticks. :(

I guess some pluses for having a new character on the team....
    Maybe, H can interact with the new character more since it does not seem like there is much push to have H interact with all the original team members again like in the early sessions. Maybe, H will be less dark and moody with this new character and it will get him away from the "deranged and she-devil" Julia, and the biggest plus for having a new character is maybe then we will have less screen time dedicated to the C/E "mushy" soap opera and those two charcters will quit being screen hogs. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2009
  13. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I agree, H-COOL. Frank, Natalia and Ryan really took a back seat in season 7 - especially Natalia. It's just not right. When is it their turn? One episode for Ryan really doesn't make up for ignoring him the rest of the season.

And when the heck is Frank going to get some time! That was my first thought when I saw they were bringing in a new cop. Frank will never get a story of his own at this rate. :(

I'm trying to be positive about the new guy until I've got a reason not to be (well...except for him taking time away from Frank). :lol: I'm convinced that it's Hollywood, FL. And being Cuban-American, maybe we'll get to see more of the real Miami and not just the rich and beautiful people. It'd be nice to see some stories like in the first couple seasons where you could identify with the victim because, "There but for the grace of God go I".

I'd be thrilled if they would bring Sofia Milos back. Losing Sofia and Khandi, along with Rory have just been very heavy blows and have furthered the lack of a cohesive team spirit. It's non-existent at this point. :(

Totally agree. The stories in the first 2-3 seasons were so interesting and unique. And it was so much fun discovering these wonderful characters.

But the characters have undergone such a drastic transformation. Some feel, myself included, that certain characters have been destroyed and that several are almost unrecognizable from their original conception. I know they have to grow, but the writers have changed the basic character - not just had them evolve and grown.

It makes me wonder if they remember or look back on the original team. Maybe they should rediscover the wonder of the first 3 seasons. Maybe, what David said could be interpreted to mean they have actually looked back and are going to attempt to rediscover some of the original magic that made this show so special.

Now, Horatio establishing a good relationship with the new guy, along with the one he already has with Natalia, Frank and Ryan would be nice. I like your idea there since you're right, they really don't have him interacting with the team as a whole - hence the feeling that there really is no team. But he works very well individually with Natalia, Frank and Ryan and it would be nice to see the new guy help to build a new team.

I too, hope that Horatio lightens up a little. I was hoping that Kyle would do that for him, but there has been very little interaction between the two. Too bad. It would be a really interesting storyline to watch those two really get to know each other. I'd also like to see Horatio meet or interact with a professional woman who is equal to him and not a damsel in distress or a me, me, me type person. Someone who puts him first. Someone like Belle from Dead Woman Walking.

I also sincerely hope that the E/C soap opera is given a backseat so that others who deserve a chance can have their moments to shine.

14. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

I was going to say, a Cuban-American, he would have to be Hollywood, Florida. Of course I'm wondering what's wrong with the Cuban-American you have now, or have you damaged him beyond repair, what with the head injury, the involvement with his father, etc., etc., etc.

I do miss some of the more down-to-earthiness of the first 3 seasons (Slaughterhouse, Death Grip, etc), some of the things that gave Miami its own unique flavor.

Here's a thought: We had the Horatio/Yelina/Stetler love triangle. How about the Horatio/Yelina/Julia love triangle? Horatio deserves to have a decent woman for a good long time. Somehow I don't think Julia's the one.

15. HockeyInMiami

HockeyInMiami Victim

Dear Writers,
    Sometimes, you tick (I'm using nice language) me off. Look back at the first seasons... Punch lines, light mood (even with the morbidity of murder and broken families), and H not being as jaded as he is now. Hey, at least he was able to smile. Quit focusing on the drama. Bring back the laughs and lighter mood. Pretty please.

Also, don't kill anyone else off. Well, other than the planned victims. I cried so hard when you killed Speed! Warrick (from LV) was sad, too. Don't kill people. Well, like I said, other than the victims. It's CSI, DUH.

Take care,
    HockeyInMiami :p