Hodges and Wendy----Labrats Love!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Brassy, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Hey CSIChick, welcome to the thread!

My sentiments exactly... besides, I'm a sucker for geek love. And the fact that they work well as a team despite all the snarky banter definitely doesn't hurt. Let's hope there's more of that next season... and maybe a field trip? They've gone on the field separately on different occassionally so I don't see why they can't work the field together.

2. CSIChick

CSIChick Dead on Arrival

Genius Rattie- Hendy sounds more... well, Wedges sounds kinda funny :rolleyes: ... but Hendy is like... ARGH!

I love the Hodges & Wendy relationship- that Astro Quest episode was made for the two characters... yay, :p

3. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Dude, that episode made up for the lack of Wedges this season... and I love the fact that TPTB decided to incorporate the geeky aspect 'cause there's nothing cuter than geek love. I can't help but wonder what'll happen next season 'cause they didn't show us any continuity from that episode...

4. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

It's seems to be a trend when it comes to NOT continuing with a certain storyline, no matter what the situation is. But I too hope for more in season ten. With all the big changes in season nine, I could understand why some storylines were put on hold or on the back burner.

Seeing the last little fantasy in Astro Quest was indeed Wendy's, I'd like to see her take matters into her own hands instead of waiting to see what Hodge's will do...if he does anything. I may have said this before but she seems like a girl with a no nonsense sort of attitude. Maybe she'll be the one to pursue now that she knows how he feels.

I'm not asking for it to dominate the episode, but a little subtle hint here and there would be nice...just to acknowledge that the relationship is indeed moving forward. Or at least there is an attempt being made.

5. agah11

agah11 Victim

i'm not sure about that, because the way they looked at each other by the car, when hodges insisted that it was just for the artcles :p, was very special, as if there were so much more to them then just "we love each other but that's that". i got the feeling that they already have had some kind of relationship activieties
    lol i'm not sure if you can undarstand me
    oh, and by the way, i'm agah, absolute wedges fan XD

6. riddick

riddick Rookie

That's been my feel too....Both of them seemed to talk some language of their own...especially with their eyes. Hodges was way too cool....And why should he have to justify himself for his knowledge about scantily clad girls in front of her? The whole scene sounded a bit “strange” to me...
    I dont't know, I've been a Wedges shipper since Labrats so maybe I see what I just want to see.
    They sum up so well all the aspects I love most in screen couples: geeky, awkward, love/hate, intellectual UST...And they have this kind of quirky tenderness which is so sweet to watch.

I think the “bantering couple” is such a classic that it works only if the characters are properly written, the chemistry between the actors is strong and the actors themselves are brilliant.
    The chemistry between Wally and Liz is something you don't see everyday on screen, and both of them are such good actors, so natural! I must admit Wallace is my main weakness though.

Oh, I almost forget: I'm a newbie here, 'though I've been lurking for a while....

Hi everyone!

7. agah11

agah11 Victim

hi riddick!
    i agree with you completely, wally and liz do have a lot of chemistry, something that you can't act :) as for the scene, i also wonder if the interpretation of that scene is just in my shipper head, but than again, like you said, wallece and liz are fabulous actors, capable of playing emotions only with a look, or a little change in attitude, things like that. that makes me think that it had to have beet intentional, because sth was different in their looks and demeanour. lol, am i making sense. i think i start to sound crazy XD. stupid break between seasons.

i also wondered, in space oddity both discovered that the other shared their feelings, what do you think happened? they must have talked about it, right? :)

8. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Probably not. If only because Hodges still doesn't really know that she's just as fond of him as he is of her. He must suspect it by now, but he's Hodges. That's pretty much what sums it up. Hodges is Hodges.

Their interactions lately have been a bit strange, admittedly. I would suspect that it's because in A Space Oddity all of those pent up feelings came to a head, and their relationship is still reeling from that. Hodges is probably still surprised by her reaction, and she's probably still surprised by her reaction. :lol:

9. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I too would have to agree. It take great actors to portray great characters. Even listening to the commentaries (which I'm working on for you agah11...lol), you can hear the bond they share.

I was wondering the same. If there is nothing going on between the pair other then what we've seen to this point, then Hodges wouldn't be aware that Wendy indeed shares the same fondness. The only way he would is if he actually took a moment to stop and think back on some of the subtle things she's said to him in the past. "You're the dumbest smart person I know," "I can't believe that, for half a second, I actually thought that I might...," or "If you're having some fantasies about me dressed up in a tinfoil bikini, dancing around in a casbah on some strange alien planet...then good..." Other then that, he wouldn't really be aware that she likes him back.

I think that she will end up being the one to break the ice sort of speak. Heck, she already kinda tried, with the invite to watch the trilogy from season 4. And as I stated before, she is a no nonsense sort of girl that will play the awkward little mind games. She'll go after what she wants.

Oh what to expect in the upcoming season.

10. agah11

agah11 Victim

lmao, that cracked me up, although it describes them perfectly. those wrighters, they just had to make that episode at the end of the season :) well at least i got you to speak again :p we have to figure sth out, to keep this thread alive during the break
    yay!! i can't wait (jumps around in a weird manner, utterly confusing her dog)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  11. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hi all

I am not leave my hiphuggersclan quite yet.;). But I agree with all of you. This par is funny and brainy and equals in many ways. They´re a perfect macth. And loveconnection between labrats is a good way to add some loving without flooding the show. I will be lurking in here to keep myself updated:).

This could be the start of a beautifull ..........

12. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Hey agah, riddick and Aj, welcome to the thread!

You took the words right about of my mouth... those two are on par with each other and they definitely have the snarky banter down. Though still think that they should work together on the field sometime... imagine what would happen. It'd make for great fic.

13. agah11

agah11 Victim

thank you for the welcoming :)
    let's do the following: each of us has to name at least 3 things they would like to see happen to our beloved couple, and 3 things that would make you throw things at the tv.
    i'll try to start
    +
    1. they should KISS finally
    2. they should share a kiss/ almost kiss at the lab with greg catching them ( imagine his look XD)
    3. hmm... MORE FLIRTY BANTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-
    1. no brake-up or we can't make it work drama
    2. no you have to change shifts drama
    3. no drama in general ( ah, yes, i'm very creative XD)

what do you think?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  14. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Nice list!

Ooh, lemme think...

Badly wants
    1. Teaming up on the field
    2. More geek trivia debates
    3. Plenty of snarky banter

Would hurl remote at TV if
    1. Interfering new love interest is introduced
    2. Out of character-ness is portrayed by characters
    3. Wedges ignored during season

15. riddick

riddick Rookie

First of all , thanks for welcoming!

As regards the Wedges wishlist, here is mine:

Yes::thumbsup:

1.A kiss would be welcome if properly placed. I noticed sometimes Liz stares briefly at Wallace's -beautiful as far as I'm concerned- lips, which is an elegant way to let her character show attraction without being too obviuos.

2.Paring up on a case on field, their minds work so good together. Ray could team up with them, I have loved his interactions with Hodges in season 9 (don't shoot me, Grissom's fans, no offense intended). I would love to see his reactions in front of the two of them bantering.

3.Some sparky confrontation -no heavy arguments- on Hodges' real feelings about Wendy becoming a CSI.

I had some ideas for a ff which would link the three points above, if only English were my native language I'd try and write

No : :angryrazz:

1.No silly jocks or hunks hitting on Wendy.

2.No more fluff than strictly necessary -the fluff level on the final scene of Space Oddity is optymal, thank you. In other words, I like the characters as they are.

3.No direct or hinted comparisons between Wedges and GSR. I couldn't stand anymore to read things like “this corny and bad taste version of GRS” about them. I never saw them like a surrogate of the “major couple” which I've never shipped if that's the matter, so I don't feel the need for any surrogates.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.