Supernatural #3 - No Chick Flick Moments

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Urban Legend, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Wow, I had no idea Jim Beaver's life has been so tragic. Poor guy... :(

It sort of makes me sad that he had to play a character who's wife died so tragically on Supernatural.

2. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I remember when I was watching the episode Dream a Little Dream of Me and I took in how I thought Bobby's part dealing with his dead wife really hit a nerve, I could somewhat feel that Bobby's portrayal was coming from the heart and this is before I had read the book. Now that I know that Jim has really dealt with it made me wonder if he used his experiences to give a great performance.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

And on Harpers Island too.

4. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Yeah, totally forgot about that as well.

Ok, off topic but ...

and

Supernatural fans have reason to be excited today. Even though the premiere of season 5 is far away, Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles recently appeared at a European convention where they gave fans a lot of hope for Supernatural season 6.

Some people worried that a sixth season would result in a completely different show, but Jensen confirmed to the Coventry Telegraph that he and Jared both have six-year contracts for the show, meaning if CW president Dawn Ostroff picks up Supernatural for season 6, Sam and Dean will both be in it.

That's the good news, but here's the not-so-good news. While Jensen and Jared have six-year contracts, creator Eric Kripke only has a five-year contract, so if the network does renew Supernatural beyond Kripke's original five-year plan, there are two options. The first is for the network to shell out some big bucks to sign him to a new contract. The second is to continue the show without Kripke.

If you think that's jumping the gun, think again. In the interview, Jared also mentioned that his "best guess" is that the show will be renewed once again. The increased ratings for season 4 plus the promise of being paired with new blood in the form of The Vampire Diaries makes Supernatural a more solid prospect than the network's other aging shows like One Tree Hill and Smallville.

Supernatural without Eric Kripke :eek: I'm sorry but no thanks. I don't think I can really picture the show without him and his evil mind behind it. It just would not be the same.

SUPERNATURAL season 5 premiers SEPTEMBER 10, 2009!!!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  5. GregNickRyanFan

Well, the only other person other than Kripke that I would ever really trust with a show like Supernatural is Joss Whedon. :lol: But, I don't think that would ever happen. I'm a little afraid of what would become of the show if Kripke is not involved. I dunno... maybe Tarrantino, but he may be a little too dark of a writer for even this show. :lol: Him doing one ep (like with CSI) might be okay, but permanently, I dunno. :lol:

6. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Tarrantino, they probably couldn't pay him enough lol. Give them some good writers and someone who could come up with good ideas. Just don't want it to turn into a bore fest like Smallville has been turning into. Maybe Robert Singer could do about as good a job as Kripke.

7. BabaOReilly

Aw jeeze. yeah- I'd forgotten about Harper's Island too. Man oh man. But clearly he can handle it or I doubt he'd be taking these roles. Still, it's not really the type of "method acting" you hope somebody gets to use...

He's a good actor though- Bobby is one of my faves, and I hope we see him more in the final season.

8. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

This just in ... casting for Lucifer has been made:

Mark Pellegrino's career is on fire. Literally.

Sources confirm to me exclusively that the actor -- who was unmasked as Lost's enigmatic Jacob at the end of last season -- is joining the cast of Supernatural as none other than the Prince of Darkness himself, Lucifer.

Lucifer was released from hell in Supe's season finale last month, although we never caught a glimpse of the little devil's face. All of that will change when Pellegrino (also known for his role as Rita's rather satanic ex on Dexter) debuts in the show's Sept. 10 season premiere.

So, does this mean we've seen the last of Jacob on Lost? An ABC rep couldn't be reached for comment, but here's a potential clue: Pellegrino isn't joining Supernatural as a full-time series regular; his status is listed as recurring. You do the math.

Source

9. GregNickRyanFan

I had to look him up cause I didn't recognize the name. Haha he was in the Season finale of CSI (Vegas) and also in the Gumdrops ep. Don't remember him in Gumdrops, but I kind of remember him in "All In". I'm not sure he fits "Lucifer" though. Personally, I pictured someone with jett black hair (maybe they'll color his hair) and bright, piercing blue eyes. He does have the eyes and I guess they could color his hair, but I'm still not so sure he fits the part. I guess we'll see.

10. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Julian McMahon :drool:
    and then I heard all the speculation about Wentworth Miller

at first I didn't think he could pull the voice off, but once I heard that he was the voice of the airplane in Stealth, I somehow imagined it and I won't start on his eyes ... man oh man :lol:

I am kind of bummed that it's someone I don't really know, would have been better to be someone I'm familar with.

11. GregNickRyanFan

Oh Julian McMahon would have been perfect! He's sexy and good at being bad (Cole on Charmed). But, he might have been busy with Nip Tuck or is that not still on? :lol: And that pic of him you posted speaks for itself. He looks badass and hot at the same time in that pic lol.

12. BabaOReilly

I'm still waiting for someone to surpass Viggo Mortenson's performance as Satan in the movie The Prophecy. He was just crazy sexy dangerous. It was amazing, despite how short his screentime. And despite how crappy the movie was, Gabrielle Byrne was an impressive devil in "End of Days"- I think it helped that he did have that dark haired look.

There's this actor I'd sort of had in the back of my mind as having the right sort of look (in my mind, at least... and that's a scary place!) for Lucifer... but then he totally showed up on this new show called The Philanthropist! It was weird timing actually, since he's a Brit and I haven't seen him in anything in ages. James Purefoy. For that similar look, Rufus Sewel came to mind. He'd be interesting because he can look both innocent and evil pretty easily- very cool.

13. E/C Lover

E/C Lover Police Officer

Dont know if yet posted;)

For those who’ve been wondering what happened to Meg, the sassy demon with a huge grudge against Supernatural’s Winchester brothers, she’s back! And Rachel Miner, the former Mrs. Macaulay Culkin, who got her start on Guiding Light and was most recently seen as a bisexual S&M practicing character on Californication, is playing the character, last seen in Season 2. “I’ve been wondering, what Meg’s doing out there,” creator Eric Kripke tells TV Guide Magazine exclusively. “I’ve been continually asking the writers, ‘Where’s Meg?” She’s would make a really formidable adversary. I got impatient and ended up writing her into my own script.” So far, Miner’s been signed for one episode.

This comes on top of the previously reported casting of Mark Pellegrino as Lucifer. Satan is a nice turnaround for the actor, who played Lost’s mysterious God-like Jacob in May’s season finale, although he did portray Rita’s devilish abusive husband on Dexter.

So what do you Supernatural fans think of the casting? Does Pellegrino fit your image of Lucifer? And will you miss Nicki Aycox, who originally played Meg?

source: SpoilerTV and TV Guide

14. GregNickRyanFan

Rachel Minor? No way! That does NOT match at all! I get that they can't use Nikki Aycox cause the body/real person being possessed died. But Rachel Minor as a demon? Sorry, I can't see it and I think that's very bad casting personally. ugh. I told my brother and he was like "oh... god!" :lol:

15. Mirabella

Mirabella Victim

it should totally b #1 not #4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.