Why not list other network broadcasts?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by davester64, Jun 20, 2009.

1. davester64

davester64 Victim

A&E shows CSI: Miami, and Spike shows CSI and CSI: NY.

Why doesn't csifiles.com list the times (and ideally, episode names) for those 2 networks? Is it a CBS rule that only their broadcasts be listed?

I do know what A&E's schedule is for 'Miami', as it is usually the same every day.

I ask because I never seem to know when Spike will air episodes of 'Vegas' and 'NY', and I'm trying to catch up on ones I've missed. I know I could get the DVDs but I cannot afford them right now.

So, can the website start listing Spike's showtimes?

Thanks
    Dave

2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

From Dave to davester:

Welcome to the board. CSIfiles is mostly a fan site run by volunteers who have real lives outside of the board. The moderators of these sections will use some of their free time to list NEW upcoming episodes and their casts and anything else they can find. And usually, but not always. the times of the new episodes are the same from week to week. Spike, A&E, TV Land run these shows, and soon TBS or TNT (I forget which) will start rerunning NY episodes. The problem is their schedules change too often. Sometimes, I or some other member might find out about a marathon of episodes, usually on major holidays, and list the ones being shown. But their are numerous episodes shown on these other networks to keep track of. Also, times will vary by time zone and whether you get an east coast feed or west code feed, cable or satellite or over the air. The best idea is to check online websites that list TV listings in your area, like TVGuide.com, Iwon.com, Zap2it.com, imdb.com, yahoo.com, or your other favorite listings pages. And if you would like to offer your services to provide such info, feel free to do so.

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I'm the one who adds the episode listings to the site, and I only add CBS airings - the major reason is that there's no field to add which channel is airing the episode or which time it is airing. So the listings in the sidebar are just the date and episode name for CBS airings.

For me, the best site to check for TV listings is TVGuide.com - you can put in your zip code and it'll tell you which channel and time each episode is going to air during the next two weeks. (I also like to check that site to see if any of my favorite actors have stuff coming up on TV. ;)) Here are links for convenience's sake:

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation listings
    CSI: Miami listings
    CSI: New York listings

So yeah - sorry that the listing guide isn't more comprehensive, but there are definitely places online to easily find the info you're looking for. :)

4. davester64

davester64 Victim

Being the slowpoke I am, I still use dialup at home, and tvguide's website takes forever to load. So does spike's. Tjis one doesn't which is why I'd like to see other network info.

I hadn't heard about TNT/TBS running episodes-hopefully they'll be like A&E and run them at the same time(s)!

Thanks for the replies.
    Dave

5. Dany

Dany Victim

On twitter there is a csi_ny_us profile, listing constantly EVERY CSI NY epi running on any channel. You can get their tweets also by RSS, not only by using the twitter website or a twitter client. Maybe that's some alternative for you. The same für csi_us, but not for Miami.

For UK there are a few profiles doing the same for airing in the UK, for all 3 CSIs.