Eric and Calleigh #36 - We're In This Together Now.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Apr 20, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Apr 25, 2009.
  1. We're In This Together Now

46 vote(s)
    73.0%
  2. We're Doing It And Doing It Well (Pending Mod Approval)

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. Caution: Smoking Hot Chemistry Ahead...

7 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cara

cara Victim

2. CalleighEric

CalleighEric Police Officer

I am all for Emily having a child. And if she were to have a kid in real life, they couldn't just hide that. It would most likely have to be incorporated into the show. Now, I'm hoping the writers wouldn't make it just a pregnancy out of no where like on NY and w/o a trace. There would have to be a reason or method to the madness of her getting pregnant. Sorry Emily, no jumping out of buildings during pregnancy. ;)

3. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

I totally love that story and of course your stories too.

I am totally in the same grouping as texmex, ditto to her thoughts and ideas.

4. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

hot make-up sex for sure..

Hey Delkolover welcome back! so glad to see you around still!

5. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Well...if Emily P allready told writers and producers she wants a baby and any pregancy takes 9 months there will be plenty of time to write a storyline fitting to the show. I seen it more as.....would they "use" the pregancy or not?

Which brings us back to a good but oldie .....How much personal characterstoryline vs showgenre?

Being a hardcore hiphugger I would go for a whole sesaon of just C/E ....I would love make-up;) and talking of kids or/and marriage.....HEHEHE drop all other characters and make a spinoff:guffaw:.

But back on track....any baby in storyline would be a minor detail in the overall storyline....I wouldn´t expect Calleigh or Eric to take days off to take care of sick kid....or them showing tons of pictures of their baby walking or wearing -"that dress" and "there is a picture of him eating spaghetti".

But any talk of a baby could add details to any feelings from character(Calleigh) as to her own childhood which has allready been mentioned somewhere in here. And could either break up couple for good...."We don´t want the same things in life" or make them come together for good..."Well I would love to have badies with you:)."

The best casesenario the show is able to have a committed and loving couple on air for a couple of years to come....

6. Miyukiseta

Miyukiseta Rookie

It'll be nice to see Emily and Calleigh finally become a mom. I can't wait to see how her character changes after having a child for the first time, personality and emotional-wise.

But...

I just hope they don't make it like Danny and Lindsay's relationship when Calleigh becomes pregnant. *Twitch, twitch* One of those kinds of "no more chemistry anymore" relationships on New York is enough... One more of 'em on Miami and I'll seriously puke myself to death. :rommie: Just keep E/C's amazing chemistry...with the addition of a cute little baby!:thumbsup:

As long as it doesn't ruin the show, *Glares at New York TPTB* I'm cool with it. :p

7. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I totally agree with all of you who hope that it isn't anything like Danny and Lindsay in NY. I too see Calleigh as being super careful about protection. I see her getting pregnant because it has been discussed and planned. Of course there's the probability that despite all the protection a pregnancy may occur but I really hope the writers don't take it that way.

Honestly I would have no problem with them hiding her belly. I don't think she would have to leave the show for very long (just when her maternity leave comes up) so the rest of the time they could just hide it. I mean, the public would know she is pregnant or would figure it out and that's not a big deal. People have babies and she works on TV so something has to be done. I really wouldn't have a problem with them hiding it because it's totally normal that Emily gets pregnant and it doesn't always has to be written in.

I just wish that their relationship could have more time to mature and grow before something so big happening to them. I mean, even now they've thrown this huge bump for them and they've only been together for 10 episodes or so. I wish they could just have more time to enjoy the relationship and we could get the small fun stuff like people finding out about them, the teasing and flirting in the lab, etc before we get a baby.

8. MomentarySetbac

MomentarySetbac Victim

I totally agree with you guys - I'd love to see a planned E/C pregnancy after they've been together for a bit longer. They definitely need some time for their relationship to blossom, but at the same time they've known each other for 7 or 8 years, they've had feelings for each other for a long time, and they're both in their 30's so I don't think they'd necessarily take too long to discuss marriage and kids.

I heard somewhere that Anna Belknap was a little afraid to tell the writers she was pregnant again because they'd already hidden one pregnancy while she was on CSI: NY. So it sounds like she didn't tell them ahead of time. Miami writers have a real opportunity here because Emily has told them way ahead of time that she is wanting to have a baby soon. I really hope they take advantage of it and don't make this an uh-oh like CSI NY did. Not only was that out of nowhere, but they weren't even really clear on whether Danny and Lindsay were together anymore before that point. I used to like D&L but the baby and marriage storyline was done in such a way that it was like they didn't have any chemistry anymore. :(

I think a Calleigh pregnancy could actually work well with the show, especially if they follow the happy couple/planned pregnancy route. If they did it that way then we'd get a cute E/C scene now and then, and there would be a lot of time for some intense drama storylines with other characters.

9. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

For some reason, in TV Land, they may make it look like a short time to us, but may move ahead and make it seem like its been a long time in their relationship. I guess it would be nice to see their relationship develop a bit more, but how much more time do they really need? They've known each other and been friends for 7 years now. Joining as a couple, IMO, was the last step they needed to take. They could make them get married and then have her announce her pregnancy or not get married and announce it. Things happen. At least their relationship is a happier one (w/o his father interfering). Danny and Lindsey seemed a little chaotic to me. Danny was sleeping with his neighbor out of sympathy while involved with Lindsey. Eric wouldn't intentionally hurt Calleigh and would probably welcome having a baby with her, whether married or not.

If the writers do decide its not time to bring a baby into their relationship, I'm sure Emily won't let that stop her from having her baby. She is at a risky point to have a baby in a late age, but if she gets the chance, she's going for it. If they hide her belly and have her do more lab scenes, then we all will know what they're up to. I just would like to see Eric's reaction to finding out he's going to be a dad because I know he wants that so much.

My opinion really..

10. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I definitely agree that their relationship is much healthier and happy than DL. I guess that even though I know they've been friends for so long and they do know each other pretty well I think that being in a romantic relationship brings about a whole lot of other factors that weren't present when they were just friends. I would like them to be more solid romantic-relationship-wise even though they are solid friendship-wise. But I guess even more than that I would like to enjoy more of them with the simple stuff before adding a baby, which is a huge deal, to the mix. I would like to see more of them commenting on things that are new to them now that they are a couple like him arranging a surprise romantic dinner for her, or Calleigh saying something a certain way because she knows he gets all flustered and teasing him about it. Maybe sometime further down the road a comment about his mom getting impatient to meet her. I would also like to see team's reaction to their relationship. I guess I would just like to see more of the little things between just the two of them now that they are actually a couple before having to deal with a baby.

11. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

Well, I've to say ... I don't want Calleigh pregnant, it wouldn't be good for the show, I love E/C and I don't think CSI:Miami become a soap opera with this relationship, but having a baby wouldn't be good.

I'm very, very happy for Emily, she'll be great mom, her kid(s) will be lucky babyes :adore: But, IDK, picturing Calleigh pregnant just doesn't fit in my mind, I can completely picture E/C with kids, but Calleigh pregnant? Hmm... No way *i let you kill me* :lol:
    I'm sorry, but I just can't get it. And after the whole D/L thing, I don't know how they'd handle it in Miami, and also, that'd be a copy from NY.

EMily, I love you, but I don't agree with you, my dear :p

Well, but I guess we'll have to wait and see ;)

12. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

You know, I've been reading all these supposed "interviews" Emily did announcing that (1) she wants to get pregnant herself, (2) she thinks a baby would work well for Eric & Calleigh, (3) they won't be filming on location in Miami due to budget cuts, and (4) she hopes for more action, like getting to jump out of a building. But the fact is, she did ONE interview where all those things were said in response to questions from reporters. She was in Monte Carlo for some Television festival kind of thing and part of what she had to do was sit down in front of a bunch of reporters and answer their questions.

I really felt bad for her when the subject of babies came up twice in the space of 5 minutes from 2 different reporters. The first one asked her about having babies in her personal life, and she responded by saying that she does want to have kids and hopes that this is her year. Other reporters ask her some questions and then another reporter asks her if she has a baby, how she thinks it would work with the Eric/Calleigh relationship. Now, Emily being the extremely nice person she is responded positively to the question by saying she thinks it would work nicely if this is her year to have a baby. Being the kind of person she is, I highly doubt she'd answer by saying "no" she didn't think it would work out because its too early in the E/C relationship, or because it was being done on NY, or whatever reason. Of course she responded positively. I just don't see her scrunching up her face with a "no" kind of look and responding negatively to the reporter's question, at all. She's there to promote the show and say positive things - and she did. And now, all these news outlets are trumpeting her having talked to writers about wanting to have a baby herself, saying she's all for Eric & Calleigh having a baby, etc. When really, all she did was answer one reporters question in a nice way. Maybe she really meant it, maybe she didn't, but I just feel as if her answer to this one reporter's question is being blown way out of proportion, being trumpted by so many outlets as a real possibility of it happening this season - if she gets pregnant in real life.

As an aside, the reason I felt bad for her (as mentioned above) is because she was being asked such a personal question and honestly I thought she looked uncomfortable answering it the first time it was asked, even though she made something of a joke when the reporter asked it, and even more uncomfortable the 2nd time it was brought up. Its entirely possible that there is a good reason she hasn't had a baby yet, and not wanting to discuss a part of her personal life that she hasn't mentioned herself publicly (other than to say she does want a baby), I'm not going to state that reason. But, I bet you all can deduce what I'm getting at. And if my speculation is correct, it would be a hard question to repeatedly get asked by reporters.

As for how I feel about Eric & Calleigh having a baby - I love any idea of Eric and Calleigh as parents (the idea of little E/C babies is just too adorable for words), but only if its done right. I just don't see any "oops" pregnancy - Eric's already had an "oops" scare, and it was done on NY, so it would be way too cliche for it to happen to Eric & Calleigh. And besides, its entirely possible that IF Emily gets pregnant at any time in the future, that they won't even write it into the show.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  13. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

My predictions for season 8: obviously Calleigh saving Eric, maybe along with Horatio, you know he's always in everthing. Then EC relationship will cool down for a bit, then in the middle like in October, the baby talk sets in, you know because they could've lost each other again (Eric's kidnapping) and they do it and then the last episode before holiday break dun dun dun.... she's pregnant and she does is tell Eric and there'll be a cliff hanger until January!

You know, that could just piss off the non ECers:lol:....:shifty:....:lol:

14. CalleighEric

CalleighEric Police Officer

I was even possibly thinking that if this does happen, they will make it so maybe she finds out something from the doctor and then she thinks about a baby. Maybe she finds out she doesn't have too much time left, and her biological clock is ticking. Maybe she finds out that it is difficult for her to have kids, and then it goes from there. Or maybe it won't happen at all. Again, this would change the entire show. Forever. The entire team would know about it, and the show would just change. Stetler would come back, because, well, Calleigh would be pregnant with Eric's child. I hope that if this is done, it isn't like an unplanned thing. That would really tick me off. It has been done before and it not typical E/C style. I just hope they focus on the two of them before they focus on a baby for them this season. :bolian:

15. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

thats true it would change everything, and when there is a baby in the picture, how can Calleigh work a scene with a child, just leave it with the magic baby sitter? or they could do like soap operas and just stash the baby in another room for like 6 episodes, and it only makes an apearance every once and a while.

so none of that will happen, so maybe the baby thing should wait till like... a couple of seasons from now, or somthing.

but I do think Calleigh and Eric would make great parents, and it would be a cute story line, just not right now, they have just gotten together, but I guess we'll have to see what happens...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.