Marg/Catherine ~ Not JUST A Pretty Face #8

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by SunsetBoulevard, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I agree with Shane. Although Marg might not have as much screentime in season 9 as she did in the previous seasons, it was a great season for her character. Catherine is a great supervisor, and most of the time we saw her, she was just so cool. I know I could never get enough of this woman, but I don't think I'd mind too much seeing a little less of her if what we get are quality scenes like the ones from season 9. :)

2. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

You know the other thing I loved about this season? Marg wore those glasses more than usual. Seriously, omg rawr!

3. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

^^^I think that it should be mandatory that Marg wear the glasses at least one time per episode. :adore:

4. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

That would be heaven for me. *thud* :lol:

5. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Glasses? Once per episode? I'm so with that!

6. kc_from_kc

kc_from_kc Police Officer

Well if we're going with glasses once per episode, then how about wardrobe requirements? I'm thinking in season 10 she should keep her word about what she said in season 5 about leading her team in "thigh high boots and a whip". I mean, seeing as she leads the whole team now, and not just a couple of them, I think it's totally appropriate. Agreed?

7. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

While we're making clothing requirements, I vote more jeans! My God that woman in jeans = dead me.

8. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

How about nothing but skin? :drool:

Oops. Forgot it's broadcast TV. Sorry. :D

9. xambau

xambau Hit and Run

^ why not?! :drool: hehehe

I'm thinking of dresses...or gowns? it's quite a while since she wore one on an eppy. Like the ones in Formalities or the green dress during her dinner with Sam and Lily in Kiss Kiss Bye Bye.. ;)

10. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Oh yeah, she looked beautiful in both of those. Definitely needs more gowns.

And LOL@ Eri - they'd have to broadcast CSI on Pay Per View if you were the show runner!

11. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

^^^Is this CSI or C-XXX-I? :lol:

...(I'd prefer the latter. Ahem)

12. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ Ditto. :D

I was making clips for the CSI cast's appearance on Larry King with Elizabeth Devine and suddenly realized that it had been seven years since that interview. Out of the four cast members that attended, Marg is the only one that's still on the show, and Liz doesn't work for the CSI shows anymore, either. Talking about change. Wow.

But the older Marg gets, the greater she is. :)

13. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Here's a question for everyone:

What's your favorite Marg movie? And don't just tell us what it is - tell us why!

And you're right, Erica. What a huge change in seven years!

14. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

You know, it's funny that you asked that cause I was just coming here to talk about the Tommyknockers. I hate scary movies, and oh my Lord I'm sooooo scared. It's starting storm too, so I'm like gone here. It was a decent movie. She scared the hell out of me though, and I'm scared to go to sleep now...

As for my favorite Marg movies, I have to say that it's a tie between Murder Live! and Erin Brokovich. EB was just a great movie all together and I felt so bad for Donna throughout the movie. Marg brought such emotion to that role. But with Murder Live! I just looooooved how she played such a b*tch! It was such a funny role to see Marg in, knowing that she's so sweet and down to earth.

I've also seen After Midnight (that movie just cracked me up), Mr. Brooks (not enough Marg), and In Good Company (that movie was cute). I have Columbus Day and Perfect Murder, Perfect Town, so I need to watch them. I want to get Fire Down Below sometime soon.

15. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

lol she was scary in The Tommyknockers. Her look after she had "become" gave me shivers. :lol: And the scene where she pulled out her own tooth? Ewwwwww.

For me, I think it's Erin Brockovich. As K-Bug said, it was a great movie overall. It had a great storyline and everyone's acting was superb. Marg's part was especially heartbreaking. When Donna finally broken down in front of Erin, I cried too. According to Marg (from her Intimate Portrait), her experience with her mother Kay (who is an almost-30-year breast cancer survivor) to help her. Kay also agreed that Marg was playing her in the movie. THAT makes it even more worth watching. Another one I really like is Hearts on Fire. Another heartbreaking story. I hate it when good people are forced to make hard decisions. lol.

I liked Marg's part in Columbus Day. She didn't have a lot of screentime (well, nobody did besides Val Kilmer and the kid), but she played a key role, and I found the ending kinda amusing. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.