Louise Lombard/Sofia Curtis

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by CSILevel1, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Re: Sofia Curtis

All that was said in the article is that she would be leaving in early 2005, they might have found away so that she could stay till the finale.
    Like the basic appearances here and there and the odd angles and so on.
    You can find a congradulations and info reguarding her maternity leave in this thread called Congradulations Louise Lombard

2. Nikka_what

Nikka_what CSI Level Two

Ha ha ha! Odd angles, inDEED. Sometimes I just crack up when she walks into the room, apparently powered by something other than, you know, legs... :lol:

3. tuesdaymorning

tuesdaymorning Judge

I actually like Sofia a lot. Her character brings differen't emotions and reactions from the others and I think it's working out very well.

And I love her even more for the line in "Spark of Life". Thank you Sofia. :)

4. faceoff

faceoff Witness

"I think it has more to do with the fact that in order for her to be shown pregnant on TV, they'd need to work it into the story, and that's one more complication they don't need right now."

Complication? Louise Lombard is pregnant - one line in the next filmed episode would take care of it. I would be surprised if "Sofia Curtis" didn't have a fella if her character wanted one. Are CSI women characters only their for us to discuss whether they will get together with a male CSI? I thought that was forbidden anyway? More interestingly was it necessary for the pregnancy to remain a secret to keep the plotlines real? Perhaps because of the real dangers in the job and its physicality (jumping in and out of dumpsters sorting out garbage and corpses cannot be advisable exercise for an expectant mother). Perhaps there is a rule that would require female CSIs' to take their maternity leave fairly early compared to most other occupations? :confused:

5. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Louise's pregnancy was never a secret, alot of stars don't come out and tell people until they are ready to share it, as to the character the complication comment might have meant that they would have to build a storyline around it, her stating she was pregnante, the whole giving birth, and so on, it would have had to be quickly written into the season.
    As to real CSI's i am not sure how they would handle it, my guess is that when they got further along they would be put on light duty, and or desk duty until they took their maternity leave, because some would consider them more of a liability in the field as its not just their life on the line.
    As to the CSI's in the show it could also be said that maybe the actress was told to take it easy, or even the fact that they didn't want to do to much of a physical strain on her.
    The thing is we don't know what is going on so that pretty much leaves everyone at an impass, though i admit her being pregnante on the show would have lead to a good reason if she decided not to return in real life.

6. faceoff

faceoff Witness

Yeah - I liked this Curtis character - ever since her cryptic remark in her first episode - staring at a ladies thong at the crime scene with Grissom watching - "A thong. Scares me!". :lol:

7. NZ_CSI_Chicka

NZ_CSI_Chicka Pathologist

seen her in one ep and hate her

8. GilGrissomCSI

GilGrissomCSI Coroner

:) I think Sofia is a great character. Im sad to see her go, but hopefully, she will return for another season :) I dont exactly see her threatening to GSR...just another friend for Grissom (everyone knows he needs to learn about human interaction :rolleyes: :lol:)

9. ancienttomb

ancienttomb CSI Level Three

sofia is definetely not a threat,she's help.remember she wanna quit in "unbearable"? ;)

10. faceoff

faceoff Witness

"seen her in one ep and hate her"

Hate her after one episode? Boy, you give people a fair chance to impress or disappoint you. ;)

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes, and Grissom didn't want her to quit and took her out to dinner.

I'm not saying this means she is a threat. I guess I just don't see your point. ;)

12. ancienttomb

ancienttomb CSI Level Three

My point is someone think sofia would threat GSR because Grissom seemed shows a little interest in her(invites her to dinner?) I think he did it just as a friend,just like he and Cath had dinner in "King baby",nothing more :)Sorry if i confused you :lol:

13. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

I don't see Sofia as a threat (yet) to any supposed GSR, although I do say personally, I see more than just friendship sparks there between them sometimes, and Grissom has taken a good notice of her from the very beginning, right down to trying out her unusual method of talking through a crime scene. She could become a threat to GSR in the future, if the writers chose to go that way. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch, since it looks like (to me, anyway) Grissom appears to think of her as more of his equal than his subordinate. Wouldn't be a very big jump, believability-wise (for me), for him to take a more romantic interest in her, in the future. Billy Petersen even said himself that his Grissom character was flirting with her.

I really don't agree with Marg H's assessment that TPTB brought her in to let the others know they're replaceable (although I can see how they might have felt that way initially, given everything that happened during the summer). I think they simply wanted to even out the male/female ratio a bit, and it makes sense, after nearly 5 years, for characters to evolve, and new ones join up. Doesn't mean they're replacing any of the originals, so I don't think we need to worry about that.

14. CSI_mania

CSI_mania Pathologist

hi everyone
    I am new at this forum ;)I come from TURKEY :)
    can I ask you someyhing :( I dont know sophia yet so I want to pictures of her
    PLEASE PLEASE :p

15. CSILevel1

CSILevel1 Lab Technician

Okay pal!
    Here is a picture of Sofia!
    And welcome to this board!

Edited, because no hotlinking is allowed to Erica's site, so now the picture is hosted by Imageshack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.