Ryan/Jon #23: 'A Different Kind of Hero'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, May 12, 2009.

?

Name of new Ryan/Jon thread

Poll closed Jun 11, 2009.
  1. Togo Where No Thread Has Gone Before

5 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. Just Take the Shirt Off Already!

12 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Wolfe's Den

5 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Wolfe Gang

3 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. Fellowship of the Fishy

9 vote(s)
    15.0%
  6. A Different Kind of Hero

21 vote(s)
    35.0%
  7. Takes a Lickin' and Keeps on Tickin'

5 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_bullet_girl

the_bullet_girl Hit and Run

And the bottom is a bumble bee. :D

2. miamifan08

miamifan08 Police Officer

Flack...I think you've outdone yourself...if that's even possible!!!

Those avvies are amazing!!! :drool::drool:

Thanks for sharing them!! :)

3. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Thanks so much!! I appreciate all the great feedback! Feel free to snag if you want. :)

Hey look! The poll is finally closed, lol!

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

A fairy stomping on a big fly. :lol: I thought it looked like a mermaid, but I knew it wasn't a mermaid. :lol: It's a joker. And darnit all now I've got that song in my head again (my bro talked me into playing guitar hero with him and his friend the other day and The Joker was one of the songs I had to sing). Well, at least it pushed out the Carmen Sandiego song. I get that one in my head every time I see that "where in miami is eric delko" thread. :lol:

:lol: And now I have that "float like a butterfly sting like a bee" quote in my head. Can't remember who originally said that. Mike Tyson maybe? :lol: Which is kind of funny considering he's a boxer and we're talking about a pic from a boxing match Jon did. :lol:

5. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

"Float like a butterfly sting like a bee" per Muhammad Ali circa 1965-1970

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:lol: That's who I meant. I don't know why I said Tyson. I guess cause I had just seen the preview for Hangover that he's in. :lol:

7. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

Ha the tattoo... Everytime I see his tattoo I think to myself: Hey Jon has his tattoo on the same body location like I have my tattoo :lol: ...Hm ok his arms are much better trained than mine :shifty: although my tribal motive looks better :p ... just kidding. ;)

Meg you are right. They are both unique. Jon likes it and it fits him very well. Nothing else matters! :)

8. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

My friend pauchet from LJ has given me some links on Sacoor interview and Sacoor photoshoot, i didn't them before and i hope it's new for you too :)

Interview

Interview 2

Photoshoot

She have two more, but she still not sharing them, cuz they big. I post it here when she did it ;)

9. miamifan08

miamifan08 Police Officer

Thanks for sharing Orla!! That modeling campaign is the reason Jon should consider a career as a model! He's just so pretty!! :)

10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^ Thanks for the videos Orla.
    Both Jon and Eva look great.They are just two gorgeous people.

11. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Thanks for that, Orla. I think Jon looks great in that casual look. I wish 1 episode we could see Ryan off duty somewhere when a crime happens, and he wasn't in shirt and tie, but dressed down- like Jon is in the interview.

12. Griffon

Griffon Hit and Run

Let me phrase it like that: Mr.Wolfe has managed to fill out nicely. That's what males habitually do between 25 and 30 years of age and broader shoulders and a grown-up haircut together with a certain development in his style (well, some of his sweat shirts were rather....hillarious and several of his jackets in seasons 3 and 4 may have dated from his time at university) suit him very well.

I'd say, that Mr.Wolfe has become a very acceptable male and rather pleasant to look at....but it will still take another ten years until he will make me droll:guffaw:This type of male becomes truely gorgeous at around 40 when salt-and-pepper appears in the hair and they have a few lines written by life in their faces!

Ryan is still rather young and probably also still a bit 'innocent'...which is by the way good for the show. If Mr.Togo does not spoil the fun (actors sometimes do, when going over the edge, because they cope badly with fame, the job etc.)...we may see something very interesting around 2020:thumbsup:

13. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^ Of course everyone has their own opinion but Jon/Ryan is gorgeous now in 2009 and I'm sure he will look gorgeous with salt and pepper hair also in 2020.
    Jon helped himself fill out nicely with exercising(lifting weights,running etc.)
    Jon has been on the show for several years and has not gone over the edge,he seems to keep a low profile.
    I've never read anything bad about him at all.

14. Griffon

Griffon Hit and Run

Well, sometimes understatements are rather great compliments! So in plainer terms: I like Mr.Wolfe very much and consider him the most interesting character on CSI Miami, because he was created grey (not white like H.the Hero or Black like the Villains...he's just a very human grey, which makes him...well...highly interesting!)

And if Mr.Togo behaves reasonable....so much te better. It would be sad to see him spoil his talent...which he undoubtedly has. It is not easy to convey such a large range of emotions with eyes only...but he manages and he makes it appear 'honest' (not just acting).

I did like him a lot in the earlier seasons, when he was still....well..boyish would be the right word. DO not understand me wrong. That is no criticism at all. In season 3 the actor was about 25 at my estimate. But I have to admit, that 'a little bit more grown up and male' suits him excessively well. And I appreciate the rather 'tougher' Wolfe. There is still emphaty and concern in him, while on the other side he's become very much self-assured and so to say...as I imagine a younger Horatio.

I believe the screenwriters did this on purpose: H. attitude towards Ryan gives us the possibility to assume that he sees a lot of his own younger self in this CSI. And as the tale goes on, we have an occasion to see certain mistakes that H. made in his younger days...and they are not so different from the things Ryan does.

I have a speculation for Season 8 about this: Considering Going Ballistic and Ressurection, followed by 7:13 and 7:20, I would not be surprised to see Ryan falling up the ladder (I am not sure that they can easily and quickly reintegrate Delko after his stunt with Sherova in 7:25 and Calleigh seems very much affected and perhaps on her way out of the show)

15. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^ Okay,I agree a lot with what you have posted here.
    I have always believed also that Horatio sees a lot of himself at a younger age in Ryan,that he also made mistakes along the way.It will be interesting to see how Ryan further develops.
    I would like to see Ryan climb the ladder at some point.I had mentioned earlier we really aren't even sure of his CSI rank.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.