The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #21

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Deirdre, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ankeila

Ankeila Rookie

Haha, I don't know if Greg's a good cook. I think Nick has more potential. Anyway, Turn Turn Turn was on TV here yesterday. I kinda thought the cake was from Catherine. Then you had Ray who gave the tie and Riley gave him a breakfast if I recall correctly. Greg didn't give Nick anything then, but we know he had a gift card. I believe Wojo already said this though. I hope Greg gave his present while having a romantic dinner with Nick. :D Which Nick needed of course after his bad day.

2. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I've heard mixed things about Greg's cooking skills (all through fanfic, of course). I love Sara's Girl's interpretation in Nine Love Songs -- that eating with Greg alternates between "Chinese take-out, ramen and 'pick a jar, any jar!'" I hope I got that quote right. It's one of the quotes that has just stuck in my mind and I crack up every time I re-read it. (The definition of good fanfic, no?) She also has a chapter in the Nine Love Songs Cuts about Greg helping Nick cook and being really proud over successfully peeling a single potato. It is absolutely adorable. I've had a lot of problems deciding in my own fic, with Greg thinking himself a good cook, but Nick giving him a bit of a hard time over his occasional mishaps in the kitchen, including cooking toast in the oven and having the alarm go off in the middle of the night (or rather morning) when Nick is trying to sleep. That's kind of how I see it. I've always envisioned Greg as a bit of a mama's boy, based on the hospital scene with Grissom in Fannysmacking and on re-reading MsMaggs fics too many times (though I suppose there isn't really such thing as 'too many' times with those delightful stories). In MsMaggs, he was pretty much attached to his mother's apron strings and learned how to cook as a result. Still, I can see Greg as a bit of a spazz and can definitely imagine him starting to cook something and then forgetting about it or experimenting a wee bit too much in the kitchen and ending up with a less-than-tasty result. And I can totally imagine Nick's result upon trying said result :lol:.

Anyway, what I really came here to post was the wonderful news that... (drumroll)

WMTDB is up again!!!

I am very excited. That said, Shacky still had to pay a lot to keep it up and needs help with donations. You can check out Shacky20's LJ to find out more.

3. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

happyharper, thanks for those great news!!! Guess we all need our daily Nick/Greg fix..... :lol: I also love your explanation about Greg's cooking skills in those wonderful fics.

Ankeila and Suckerme, welcome to The Fort.

You're totally right; a romantic dinner with Greg would be the best birthday present for Nicky.....;) Do you think Greg would be cooking?

I've found a bunch of spoilers for season 10 on another site. I don't know how reliable is that source but this is about Nick and Greg and I wanted to share it with you.

Nick wants Greg to carry a gun after Greg is attacked

Again, I don't know if there's some truth in it but...... that's exactly what a boyfriend would do! ;)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  4. all falls down

all falls down Dead on Arrival

Thank you for that spoiler seabird! Unfortuantely it doesn't sound like a reliable spoiler to me. It sounds more like a fanfic plot; like in "Riccochet" by It_Glitters.

“Will you bring your gun?” Nick was a little unnerved by the question, but it made sense that Greg would want a sentry.

Plus, since Greg didn't show any notions to Nick (or the rest of the CSI team for that matter) to bring a gun after he was attacked in "Fannysmackin'", I don't think it's likely that he'll be asking the second time around. Then again who knows. It'd be awesome if that spoiler came true.

Annnd just to be random, this is one of my fav N/G scenes. This is just the beginning of the scene in "And Then There Were None." To make a point, the second Nick walks in, he immediately gravitates toward Greg in that hovering/close position he's in now. That's the FIRST thing he does! And that coy smile on Nick's lips is so not staged. :D And I think that Greg is so comfortable with Nick at this point that he doesn't care to move or look back. (Like he's probably memorized the sound of his footsteps by now). Now why is Nick hovering so close? :x
    [​IMG]

5. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I think its way too early for reliable spoilers - IMO

I think both Nick and Greg have good cooking skills, they both specialize in certain dishes. Nick would have learned to cook in TX, growing up with a Mom and 5 sisters.He'd have to learn. Greg taught himself, the rest he learned from Nick. That's the way I see it anyway.

6. all falls down

I think Greg can probably cook. In "Table Stakes" when he talks to a tired, disgruntled Sarah and an enthusiastic Nick, he reveals that he had an awesome day off.

Greg: "A couple of glasses of merlot. Rack of lamb on my day off. I slept like a baby yesterday. You look horrible."

Sara: "Thanks, Greg."

I'm not sure if he actually cooked the rack of lamb himself or not, but one can presume, right? Now rack of lamb might not require the most effort ever, but it at least requires knowing how to work an oven. Additionally, Eric Szmanda enjoys wine IRL, and usually people who enjoy wine know how to cook (basics at least; or can throw together something?). And because he's from California (everyone in CA LOVES cooking/cookouts/food), I'm sure that he's at least had a few run-ins with having to cook for himself/friends. And in "Iced," he voices his distaste for dorm food. Perhaps this is an inclination that he dines in a more refined manner? Maybe? Maybe not. Who knows. (And he pays $40/lb for Blue Hawaiian coffee!) All I'm sayin' - I think he knows his basics at least. We know he can at least cook microwavable noodles in "The Hunger Artist" xD

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  7. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

sounds like he was on a date.

i think he can cook. but he is a lazy cook like me. sometimes ramen noodles are just easy and quick. heating = cooking

the gift card bothers me. thats a gift u give someone who u really do not know or care that much to bother hunting for a gift. i think "gift card" is code for something else (wink wink nudge nudge - this is a PG site,so i will not say anymore).

8. all falls down

Don't be discouraged. Who said it wasn't a gift card to an erotica shop? xD Basically Nick gets to choose and Greg wears :x

But anyways. I'm sure that Greg is a lazy cook, but I'm just saying that I think he knows how to. xD And since Greg was an avid "college kid" once, I'm sure the ramen cuisine has stuck with him since. xD

9. BrokenSmile93

BrokenSmile93 Dead on Arrival

Awesome! Sounds like a pretty good season!

I don't know if its too early for spoilers or not. It seems like they'd let out a few, but the big ones will come more towards September (my birth month!)! But spoiler or some random rumor u heard on the streets; I think its good to tell!

10. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

Hey, it's been ages since I stopped in here, I feel like a bad Love Fan. Sorry guys. *waves* I'm still deep into the love. Recently I've been watching some older csi eps that you guys have suggested to be the best Love moments. One of my fav is the ep where Greg is upset with Nick for taking Archie in the field and he says to him. "I thought we had a relationship" That is NOT something that a co worker tells another co worker for that occasion, You can't make me think anything else but that's something a lover would say to another lover.
    As for Greg being able to cook. I think he can. He was a mommies boy, she kept him close and I'm sure he spent a lot of time in the kitchen with her helping to make dinner. He's smart, a genious I thought, and likes to learn things, so it's only makes sense, that during that time he'd be paying attention and 'absorbing it like a sponge' My son's when they were little, loved to help me cook. my 17 yr old is better at cooking than his 18 yr old g/f...So I think Greg is probably an excellant cook. Plus, I'm sure his Nana Olaf taught him a thing or two about cooking.

11. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

My parents have been together about 35 years and that's all they buy each other. :D Well, not ALL they buy each other, but I think it's a sign of a longer lasting relationship. They don't need to impress each other as much anymore. And what better gift than to allow the recipient to pick out their own gift? I've been in relationships where I was never given the things I actually wanted. And it was frustrating!

So, I think the gift card was a good sign :D

I also think both Nick and Greg can cook, and probably cook well. I think they are both so meticulous that whatever they decide to do, they excel at.

12. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

I love this pic (it gives me hope:thumbsup:). And what is that in Nick's hand, looks like Greg wants to snatch it out his hands:devil:.

http://www.eric-szmanda.net/photos/displayimage.php?album=topn&cat=93&pos=22

Does anyone have that manip of Nick and Greg as grooms, I cannot remember who created the manip.:confused:

Since I am sick, i am trying to read as many N/G sick/taking care of each other fics.

13. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

That cap is from the episode 'Bull' in season 8. Its the scene with the wedding chapel lady and Nick is holding a card (most likely given to him by her although they did not show that on camera) so it does give some hope that she saw the love between them.

feel better Lonewolf!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  14. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

*waves to Twiz* :)

LoneWolfe, I hope you're feeling better. Nick and Greg are the best medicine ;)

I've just watched a fabulous interview with Eric at the Montecarlo Television Festival. I'm with you, Wojo. Could Eric be more awesome and adorable? Who cannot fall in love with this guy? :adore:

Eric has said that in next season he wants for Greg to be heroic and also, that the show will return to basics: less personal lives, more science, like in the first seasons. And we all know that it was in seasons one, two and three when the writers gave us the best and strongest Nick/Greg subtext ("Pilot", "Who Are You?","I-15 Murders", "Evaluation Day","Cats In The Cradle", "Felonious Monk", "Stalker", "Chasing The Bus", "Anatomy of A Lie","The Hunger Artist", "A Little Murder", "Crash and Burn", "Random Acts of Violence", "High and Low" ....), so let's cross our fingers, guys ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  15. FallenAngel92

FallenAngel92 Hit and Run

Thanks for that information, Seabird. *Crosses fingers*. I really hope they get more scenes together in the new season. I miss the older seasons (especially season 2) where they had scenes together in nearly every episode, i want it to be like that again.

I want more of this ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.