CSI:NY Spoiler Discussion - Bring on Season 6!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kkennedytx

kkennedytx Rookie

I sure hope this isn't indicative of who might be leaving the show when the new season begins! It seems strange to me that AJ Buckley, who just this season became a regular, is submitted for an Emmy nomination, but not Eddie Cahill, who's been with the show through the entire run.

2. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

There is an interview of Hill Harper on utube at the Festival TV Monte Carlo he is speaking of the end of the season and confess that he has not been killed that confirm that the actors knows already what's happen. check part 4, his contract will end at the end of season six.

3. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

hey i wish i could say more but am v. busy with cw at the moment i just wanted to say i agree with pretty much everything you have all ahd to say with the d/l debate and am quite enjoying reading it:)

wot:confused: does that mean he will be gone at the end of season 6:( thnx for saying anyway:)

4. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

No he said he doesn't want to leave the show but as the industry goes through financial trouble wait and see...

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

All that it means about his contract being up at the end of season six is that there will be a renegotiation and his agent will probably try to get him a raise.

Glad to hear that Hill isn't the one departing! And I kind of figured the actors know who will and won't survive the premiere. ;)

If they are getting rid of a reg to add this new Kaye Sullivan character, I'm liking my theory about Lindsay deciding to quit so that both of Lucy's parents aren't in a dangerous field more and more. ;)

6. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Thanks Messers fan, the way Hill was talking about budget cuts and pay cuts/freezes etc, I think someone else from the main cast is definately going and maybe because that person wouldn't accept a pay freeze. Glad to know it's not Hawkes though!

7. Top41

It's hard to think that they'd kill off a reg just to add another reg, though presumably the newer reg would be cheaper than the older one because she'd start out with a lower salary. They'll probably definitely go for a newbie actress, or at least an inexpensive one.

8. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

^^ I just hope their cheap price tag doesn't reflect their acting ability.

9. Top41

Yeah, definitely. :lol: Probably just their novice status--there are a lot of talented actresses trying to break in, no doubt.

10. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

Anna B is already a part time I'm not sure it will make the difference. That's why I'm stick on my theory that someone will be seriously injured and kaye Sullivan will replace it during the convalescence and then if the viewers like her she will stay It's a drama show and a change of life could be a life in a wheelchair for a while unfortunatly I bet on Danny for this kind of drama but this is only a theory....

11. Top41

It'll make a difference, certainly, if they're adding another regular.

That wouldn't solve the budget issue though, since presumably the person recovering would still be on the show.

It doesn't mean for sure someone's leaving, I guess, though again I do come back to it being off that Emmanuelle was let go for budget reasons and then they turn around and add another regular. That feels wrong to me, but who knows.

The most likely scenario if a reg is leaving is that the person asked to leave. I can't see the writers just deciding to kill someone off after Angell was just killed. But who knows? I guess they might have wanted to shake up the show a bit.

12. Shica

Shica Victim

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't there some quotes from one of the producers that said that season six would start with an "uplifting and hopeful" (or something along those lines) resolution?

IMHO that would point towards Top's theory... Maybe?

13. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

As they all love to be in the show so much and the characters they play, I would have assumed, they´d all accept a temporary pay freeze until the economic situation improves. But maybe this isn´t enough for the producers and they´ve decided nonetheless to bring in a cheaper newbie in exchange for an expensive main actor/actress.

14. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Whilst I know they all say they love the show and their characters etc, and I am not saying they are lying, but no work place is perfect and maybe one of them doesn't love it enough to take a pay cut. Or it could be like you say, TPTB may just want alot cheaper newbie. Whatever the exact reason (I guess we may never truely know) it does sound like someone is going and now Hawkes is off the list, that really just leaves Danny or Lindsay doesn't it?

15. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Hmm, all very interesting...

If it isn't Hawkes leaving, and as they are casting a CSI I'm assuming it couldn't possibly be Flack, then that doesn't really leave that many options, in my opinion. I don't know about being killed off, but my bet would still be on Lindsay (I could buy that the character might want to stay at home with the baby, what with all the death and danger involved in being in the NYPD).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.