Renewed/Canceled/Info shows

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by RBC, Feb 25, 2007.

1. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

Re: Renewed or canceled shows

didn't know everybody hates chris and my name is earl were cancelled:shifty:

2. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Yes, xeri, it's true that NBC has cancelled Life and it's not coming back.

3. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Yes, sadly Life has no more life. It would have been nice for NBC to ship it over to their USA Network like they did L&O CI, but unfortunately they didn't.

4. Dynamo1

From TV Guide online:

The Futurama Looks Bright as Comedy Central Revives 'Toon

Jun 10, 2009 09:28 AM ET
    by Matt Mitovich

This, without a doubt, is Bender's biggest score. Comedy Central has ordered 26 new episodes of Futurama, the animated comedy that ran from 1999 to 2003 on Fox.

Series creators Matt Groening and David X. Cohen are currently working on scripts for the new episodes, which will premiere on the cabler in mid-2010 and be dispersed over two seasons.

Strong DVD sales of the first four seasons plus a quartet of made-for-DVD movies — coupled with solid ratings from Comedy Central-aired reruns — are to credit for the toon's revival.

Citing the studio's previous success in plucking Family Guy from the ashes, 20th Century Fox TV chairman Gary Newman told the Hollywood Reporter, "Futurama was another series that fans simply demanded we bring back."

All key voice cast members are expected to return, as is the core writing team. "Basically everybody who has worked on the show wants to come back," Groening told Variety. "I choose to believe it's more than the economic situation. People had a good time working on this show."

Had anyone forgotten, Futurama revolves around Philip Fry, a pizza delivery boy who accidentally froze himself in 1999, then was thawed out 1,000 years later. There in the future, he met up with Leela (voiced by Katey Sagal), a one-eyed alien, and Bender, a cranky (and often drunk) robot.

Following the characters' far-out feature-length forays — the fourth one, Into the Wild Green Yonder, makes its Comedy Central debut in September — the plan is to "go a little bit back to pure comedy, characters and sci-fi," says Cohen.

With Futurama's wheels back in motion, 20th TV has the right to shop the new episodes to broadcast networks, with Comedy Central retaining second-window dibs. Thus far there have been extremely preliminary talks with Fox.

Should Comedy Central in fact wind up as Futurama's lone home, crunching the budget will prove tricky, since "there are costs associated with" the show's intricate animation, Newman explained. To make ends meet, the writing staff and delivery schedule will be trimmed.

"Across the board, everyone is doing a little belt-tightening," Newman said. "That's what's necessary to get this thing into production. No one is going to make a big payday on the show, including the studio."

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Just saw on Showbiz Tonight last night that TBS might pick up My Name Is Earl. :)

6. future_cop

future_cop Lab Technician

I still can't believed that they actually canceled with out a trace and eleventh hour. They were both pretty awesome shows and I loved them both.All because of production costs,it's really sad when it costs to much to even produce some shows,hopefully in the future they bring them both back.

7. Kiane

Kiane Lab Technician

I was bummed to see they cancelled Eleventh Hour. They had solid stories and the actors worked good together. I was surprised to hear WAT was cancelled.

8. Dynamo1

From TV Guide online:

The CW Cancels The Beautiful Life: TBL
    Sep 25, 2009 07:56 PM ET
    by Natalie Abrams

It's official: The Beautiful Life: TBL is dead, a rep for the show tells TVGuide.com.

After airing only two episodes, TBL becomes the first casualty of the fall TV season. The show has been immediately pulled from the schedule, and production on the seventh episode was shut down on Friday.

TBL only grabbed 1.1 million viewers for its second episode. Prior to the premiere, the Ashton Kutcher-produced drama got some unexpected publicity via show star Mischa Barton's medical issues. Around that time, production was halted for a week, purportedly to complete the construction of sets.

The CW has announced that encores of the new Melrose Place will air in Life's vacant timeslot.

9. Dynamo1

From TV Guide online:

A&E Cancels The Cleaner
    Sep 26, 2009 03:17 PM ET
    by Mickey O'Connor

A&E has canceled The Cleaner, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

The network has opted to not renew the rehab drama starring Benjamin Bratt. This news comes on the heels of the cancellation of A&E's only other scripted program, the Patrick Swayze drama The Beast, and, interestingly, the Emmy win of A&E's Intervention, which is like an unscripted version of The Cleaner.

The show's second — and now final — season concluded earlier this month.

10. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Well, NBC has canceled Soutland before the second season has even aired.

Here's the link to tvguide:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/NBC-Cancels-Southland-1010662.aspx

I'm upset by this. I think this show has potential to do really well....hopefully some other network would want to air it.

11. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Hopefully NBC will shunt Southland to one of it's cable networks like USA or the Sci Fi Channel. If not, then maybe a network like F/X or TNT will pick it up.

It really sucks that anything that is original or pushes the envelope gets branded as "too Dark and Gritty" or something, then 86'ed.

I really hope that people protest and force NBC to keep the show alive, or at least air the six episodes.

12. MyMutantRomance

MyMutantRomance Witness

Does anyone know if NBC's Kings is coming back for a second season???

13. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I don't think it was. I think they took it off before they aired all the episodes.

14. Dynamo1

From TV Guide online:
    The Cleveland Show Renewed Through 2011

Oct 14, 2009 08:15 PM ET
    by Kate Stanhope

Fox already has picked up The Cleveland Show for the last nine episodes of its second season.

The Family Guy spin-off was picked up last May for the first 13 episodes of a second season starting next year —four months before the show's debut.

The Fox show's initial season got under way Sept. 27, bringing in 9.5 million viewers and scoring an impressive 4.9 rating in the 18-to-49 demographic. The animated comedy's premiere was also the highest debut in 18-to-34 demo and marked one of the highest-rated scripted series

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That surprises me because that show isn't that good. :lol: