Your Top 5 Fictional Characters?

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by MiamiDade, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Luveykat

Luveykat Police Officer

I repeat what many people have said "Only five??"

Ohh, the choices

#1 Valen Shadowbreath (Neverwinter Nights) Yes, a video game character, and one who b****es the entire game! (horns and a tail = WAY HOT)

#2 Mac Taylor What can I say, he's soo caring, and has such a strong sense of justice. Plus, he was a marine!

#3 Rodney McKay someone (I forget who) put him as a fave, and reminded me how very much I love him. So arrogant (I love it)

#4 Lindsay Monroe Mostly because I love the way she dresses. And that she seems so down to earth.

#5 Don Eppes He's hot. Has nobody mentioned him (or Charlie??) Again (like Mac), an incredibly strong sense of justice. Did I mention he's hot?

And a non-fictional character (but long dead, that counts right?) Tiberius Claudius Drusus Nero Germanicus The author of I, Claudius (an autobiography), Roman emperor, and a brilliantly funny and readable author.

2. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

only five???I have so many!!!!!
    and i know, i know it's way more than five!!! but, ok here's my list....

Tim "Speed" Speedle- he's such a bad boy..a sexy bad boy and a smart ass. i just drool over him!!!!

Eric Delko-do i need a reason!? have you seen his body?!?

Ryan Wolfe- he's so adorkable!!! and sexy!!!!

Lt. Horatio "H" Caine- he's just so cool with his Sunnies Of Justice, head tlilt and hands on his hips....so awesome.

Calleigh Duquesne- i love her accent it's so cool!!!! she Rocks!!!!!!

Alexx Woods- she's so awesome!!! she's sweet and caring, oh yeah and she talks to the dead.

Harry Potter- he's just so cute and he's my hero...

Hermione Granger- she's my role model!!!

Will Turner-he's just so hott!!!!

Captain Jack Sparrow- gotta love him!!!!

Legolas- he's played by orland bloom. do i need a reason?

Slater-Fro mDazed and Confused.i just love him!!! he's got such awesome lines!! and he's played by Rory cochrane on e on my fav actors!!!!

that's all i got for now!!!!!

3. alienor

alienor Police Officer

I love him too !

Here are my top fives as regards tv shows :

1/ Gil Grissom
    2/ Robert Goren (L&O: Criminal Intent)
    3/ Columbo
    4/ Sawyier (Lost)
    5/ David Addison (Moonlighting)

4. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i'll also have to do a separation: films, tv and books.

tv:
    mac taylor (well, duh)
    gil grissom
    lisa simpson - the simpsons
    comic book guy - the simpsons
    gene hunt - life on mars/ashes to ashes

films:
    keyser soze/verbal kint - the usual suspects
    olive hoover - little miss sunshine
    jimmy - quadrophenia
    renton - trainspotting

books (this is incredibly hard, there are so many):
    eponine thenardier - les miserables
    ivan denisovich - one day in the life of ivan denisovich
    raskolnikov - crime & punishment
    scarlett o'hara - gone with the wind (shame the film watered her down)
    pierre bezhukov - war & peace
    winston smith - 1984

i know there are 6 from books there but there are only 4 from films :) can you tell i like russian literature?

5. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

I am honestly very impressed that his name came up so many times. We've got good taste in these parts, don't we?

Very good choice! I think that I learned a lot from her, too. I learned a lot about life, love, friendship, and pure emotion. Plus as you said, she's hilarious when drunk. :) I kinda love her. Furthermore, I love Wilson Jermaine Heredia for making her what she is today.

I'm actually not sure if I agree with you on this one or not. I absolutely love the movie, that's for sure. But I'm not entirely convinced that I like Donnie. Nor am I convinced that I dislike him. He's a very complex character and one that I love to watch, I'm not sure how much I love him though.

I absolutely adore this film and the character both. It's one of my all-time favorite films and I was honestly very surprised to see someone else commenting about it on here. Kudos to you for knowing that it even exists! :)

Absolutely.

Okay My Faves:
    (I'm going to have several lists.)

Television:
    1. Tenth Doctor: (Doctor Who) Why? Well because he's geeky and funny and sweet and smart and not always perfect and adorable and dreamy... haha. I love him.
    2. Joey Tribbiani: (Friends) I fell in love with him right around the time he fell in love with Rachel Greene. Something about the passionate way he cared for her made me adore him.
    3. Jim Brass: (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation) I'm not sure that there is a more funny character in television history. :) I love him.
    4. Emily Gilmore: (Gilmore Girls) I honestly don't know why I love her so much but I do. I really, really do.
    5. Jacob Hood: (Eleventh Hour) I'm not sure why exactly. There's just something about him that I absolutely adore. I guess it's that I see him as a combination of Gil Grissom, Gregory House, and Adam Ross.

Movies
    1. Westley: (The Princess Bride) Do I really need to explain?
    2. Jasper Hale: (Twilight) I do not like the books, that much. I do not care for the film much at all. I did not fall in love with Edward right away. I despise Bella. And my mild adoration of Jacob is slowly waning away the more time I spend away from the books/movie. However Jasper Hale in the movie was quite possibly one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life. He also gets huge kudos for trying to kill Bella in New Moon. (Not a spoiler, it's in the promo video.)
    3. Zoë Bell: (Grindhouse- Death Proof) If you don't know why I love her so much then you obviously haven't seen this movie. See it. :) Honorable mentions to Kim, she's awesome too!
    4. John Keating: (The Dead Poets Society) I've been inspired by this man since the very first time I saw this film. He's a visionary and one of the worlds most effective and memorable teachers.
    5. Mrs. Medlock: (The Secret Garden) Mostly because of Maggie Smith's portrayal of her. Hence why I've got it here under movies instead of under books.

Books
    1.Elphaba: (Wicked) Because she's everything I've ever wanted to be and more.
    2. Henry DeTamble: (The Time Traveler's Wife) I dare you to read the book and not fall in love with him.
    3.Atticus Finch: (To Kill A Mockingbird) I think he's one of the most obscure and amazing crushes I've ever had on a fictional character. And, he's amazing. :)
    4. Severus Snape: (Harry Potter series) I believed in him from the very first day. And knew, without question, that he wouldn't let me down. He didn't.
    5. Buck: (The Call of the Wild) I'm not exactly sure why. I guess because he was the perfect balance of human and animal. The personification of the struggle between nurture and nature.

Misc. Others I adore
    1.Uncle Iroh: (Avatar: The Last Airbender) Because he was awesome and awesome was him. They were synonyms. :-D
    2. Niles Crane: (Frasier) There's a very good chance I loved his character so much because of the huge crush I have on David Hyde Pierce. Then again there's also a huge chance that I have that crush because I love Niles so much. It's a paradox!
    3. Link: (The Legend of Zelda series) Simply because he's been the most epic character the most consistently in my life.
    4. Roger Davis: (RENT) Because he's cute and sweet and sexy all rolled into one.
    5. Nanny: (Wicked) She's so crazy. It's cool.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  6. Whit

Whit Prime Suspect

1. Jack Shephard (Lost)
    2. Edward Cullen (Twilight)
    3. Kate Austen (Lost)
    4. Ryan Wolfe (CSI Miami)
    5. Chandler Bing (Friends)

7. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

the 10th doctor really is great, i thought the 9th was good too (but then i'm an eccleston fan), but DT is just so chirpy and fun :D

completely agree about brass too :)

darn, i forgot him :( although i love scout too :)

8. smacked4ever

smacked4ever Prime Suspect

top five favorite tv characters are mac taytor(of course), jack baurer, elliot stabler, dr house, and last but not least tony alameida

9. Ankeila

Ankeila Rookie

My top 5 favourite TV characters would be:

1. Greg Sanders from CSI
    2. GOB from Arrested Development
    3. Charlie from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    4. Larry David from Curb Your Enthusiasm
    5. Barney from How I Met Your Mother

10. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ oh, barney's great :D

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Oh this is difficult, let's see:

1) Calleigh D. (CSI:M): cause she's Bullet Girl tough ;)

2) Catherine Willows (CSI): cause she's savvy, and tough, and cool :cool:

3) Ross Gellar (Friends): wayyyyy funny. PIVOT!! :lol:

4) Dr. Temperance Brennan (Bones): cause she does socially inept so well :lol:

5) Eric Delko (CSI:M): he's got such a big heart :) Plus he's not at all hard to look at ;)

12. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

This is tough. Really tough. I have to have different categories.

T.V. shows:
    1. Stella Bonasera (CSI:NY)
    2. John Munch (L&O:SVU)
    3. Penelope Garcia (Criminal Minds)
    4. Alexx Woods (CSI:Miami)
    5. Catherine Willows (CSI)

Other:
    1. Axel (Kingdom Hearts)
    2. Iruka Umino (Naruto)
    3. Renji Abarai (Bleach)
    4. Captain Jack Sparrow (POTC)
    5. Nymphadora Tonks (Harry Potter)

13. Viva_CSI

Viva_CSI Victim

let's try it, my list would be this one:

Sherlock Holmes (Arthur Conan Doyle's books)
    Robert Goren (Law & order)
    Gregory House (House MD)
    Harm Rabb Jr (JAG)
    Jack Malone (Without a trace)

no surprise, i've already said i like detective stories... and i avoid to list any csi character on that list.

14. Della

Della Police Officer

1. Doctor Who – Though there are some Doctor portrayals which I prefer over others, such as I prefer Sylvester McCoy, Colin Baker and William Hartnell, (Not a fan of Tennant’s or Eccleston’s but then that’s more due to the lack of quality of writing more than anything else – saving Stephen Moffatt that is) the character overall is such a multi-layered, complex one that I have enjoyed the program since the early seventies (Jon Pertwee era :D )

2. Rupert “The Ripper” Giles – Though only for the first three seasons because what they did with the character from that point on ruined him as far as I’m concerned. Mid life crisis?? Give me a break – chuckle.

3. Jack O’Neill – Though only for the first (at a push) seven seasons, and again the reason boils down to poor explanations (if the writer ever deigned to give one that is) of why Jack O’Neill was not in certain episodes, and, in my opinion, making him General Jack was a huuuuuge mistake, in that I basically stopped watching, especially when Stargate seemed to become the Daniel Jackson show soon after.

4. Charlie Fairhead (a Character in “Casualty” – a British Medical Drama, though now firmly established as a rank, bottom orifice smelling SOAP, despite how hard the PTBs try to con the viewers otherwise) – and because of that only a favourite character for the first 16 (maybe 17) Seasons because after that the writers/PTBs decided to sacrifice any and all of the previous strong and borderline heroic character establishments for rank sensationalism, shock value and putrid soap storylines, thus damaging the character beyond repair for me. (Much like what they've done to the "Horatio Caine" character in "CSI: Miami")

5. Dr Gregory House – Though only for the first three seasons. I could go into the reasons why I’m not fond of House as he is now, but I think the last season just about says it all for me. SOAP, SOAP and more SOAP (the bane of any TV series that is not a SOAP when it is first screened, in my opinion)

~ ~
    Still I must give a nod to “Adrian Monk” (again only for the first two seasons because after that he became a pathetic no-hoper simply because they decided to show the episodes from Natalie’s POV and not from Monk’s)

Also, to “Edmund Blackadder” in “Blackadder Goes Forth” – the only sane one amongst some pretty bizarre, incredibly funny, but ultimately innocent and infantile characters. Loved it!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  15. future_cop

future_cop Lab Technician

I have a lot but I'm sure I can manage five tops lol

1) Mac Taylor: (CSI:New York) Of course with him,I wouldn't have a nick name lol,plus he is more then a mystery but if you pay close attention he cares alot more then he lets on.

2) Jack Malone: (Without a trace) Even though they canceled the show he was awesome.I use to like how he would get emotional with some of his cases

3) Doctor Kay Scapetta: (Patrica Cornwell's Character from the Scarpetta series) Even after all the things this medical examiner has been through she always finds a way to come out on top,and finish a case

4)Sam Fisher: (Splinter Cell Game Serious) It's every persons dream to pretty much become an undercover sleeper cell and go out on awesome missions

5)Dr.Jacob Hood: (Eleventh Hour) Again even though it was canceled he was pretty rock awesome and really smart which is a lovely trait.