The Warm Welcome Thread #2

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by nattybatty55, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyn-B-Demented

Cyn-B-Demented Police Officer

Well, another newbie in the gang, y'all! And since I'm insomniac and got nothing better to do than trolling on the Internetz late at night... I feel like talking a little bit, then I'm off to the other threads on the forum! ;) Can't wait to share my opinions with all of you!

I've lurked in the shadows (way too) long enough to get anonymously addicted to the TalkCSI - CSI:NY forum, and it seems that an obsessed fan like me can only share her thoughts and opinions of the show/characters/actors on this forum... seeing as nobody in my family or friends watch CSI:NY as much as I do, hahaha! :p

I started watching CSI, then they messed with Warrick and didn't liked it at all. Now, Grissom's gone and I feel pretty much that what was keeping me watching the show is gone too. Although I never get tired of Catherine and Greg when I feel like watching the show.
    Then, I started watching CSI:Miami but got tired of the "miami vibe" overload, the action-pack nonsense episodes and the immortal Horacio. Wolverine got nothing on him. But I'm happy Eric and Calleigh are together. FINALLY.

I succumbed to CSI:NY at the same time I started watching CSI:Miami. I missed most of S1 and S2, unfortunatly. On the bright side... DVDs exists and the same goes for reruns! Although they seem to have fuss way too much with what was making New York the important essence of the show, I still like the edgy, dark side of the show and they got interesting characters with good storylines -- I won't talk about what they did with Danny's background story. The cases are interesting too (I felt like saying "The crimes are good too" but that sound just... weird and wrong lol). Overall, I like how they developped their characters and I wish they could focus on less seen characters for S6. I haven't been in NY and I think that got something to do with why I watch the show. The city intrigues me even though people say I live in a city similar to NY (Montreal), and Sex and The City also got me into NY (no, I'm not ashamed lol I'm a proud SATC fan lol). So, my favorite CSI:NY characters are (in order) : Flack, Adam, Danny, Sid, Hawkes, Stella, Mac and... Lindsay. I'm still mourning Angell and Aiden.

Am I the only newbie that talked that much?! lol Kinda embarassing. Anyways. I can't wait to get to know each and one of you a little bit more everytime we will discuss on the forum! I've noticed that some conversation got fired-up but I'm not here to cause any Internetz drama...

Long-live the CSI:NY conversations! :thumbsup:

PS. I'm from Quebec meaning that I'm a French speaker first, than I speak English and there's a few things I might not understand so please don't judge me if my questions are stupid sometimes lol and I might say things that doesn't make much sense because, well, I speak French first and I'm trying my best to speak English lol I hope that shall explain any confusion in any future conversations. Don't be shy to correct me; I like to learn. :)

By the way, can anyone direct me to a good screencap website? I desperately need an avatar lol

Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  2. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Weclome Cyn-B-Demented, hope you enjoy it here!
    And don't worry, your English is fantastic :)

3. Viva_CSI

Viva_CSI Victim

So I guess tha'ts the thread to start...

I'm newbie here just registered after lurkin a bit those days back.

Thanks for the links on the first post here, very useful and the welcome message too, now i know why i can't have an avatar yet...

i have one quesiton... there's a PM option?
    and if so why i don't seem to can access to mine?
    (i wanted to pm a mod about the avatar problem, but luckily found it why i had the problem first :) )

How to introduce myself here, I don't want to make a long post...
    I'm spanish and i follow all csi series since the very begininng because i always liked all detective series.
    currently the one i like most is CSI NY.

4. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Welcome Viva_CSI, glad you decided to join us :)

If I remember right, you have to have 50 posts to get the PM option too. Hope that helps.

5. Viva_CSI

Viva_CSI Victim

Thanks for your welcome.
    oh i see, so i'll be a total newbie until i reach 50 posts then.

btw so next technical question is... how do i post a spoiler?
    [ spoiler ] [ / spoiler ]
    or there's another code for that?.
    (sorry if that is not the thread to ask that :( )

6. lal

lal Pathologist

Welcome Viva_CSI and Cyn-B-Demented :thumbsup:

7. Cyn-B-Demented

Thanks for the welcome :)

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, Cyn-B-Demented and Viva_CSI. :)

I think you have to put [ spoiler=This is what the spoiler is about] [/ spoiler]

Like so:

This is a spoiler

9. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Welcome to the NY forum, Cyn-B-Demented and Viva_CSI! It's great to have you here. :)

10. Viva_CSI

Viva_CSI Victim

thanks a lot Faylinn :) and Elsie

11. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Bonjour, Cyn-B-Demented. Hola, Viva_CSI. And welcome to the nut house to all the newbies.
    According to the main page, there are over 9200 members. Do you want to know each other by starting alphabetically?

Anyway, grab some virtual snacks from the invisible table by the make-believe door, pull up a keyboard, and have fun.

12. Cyn-B-Demented

I'll start with the ones that are nice first and here often on the CSI:NY discussions, if you don't mind? I'm sure you don't!;)

I'll grab the snack later as I just woke up from a siesta... but thanks anyways.

13. danny-lindsay4e

danny-lindsay4e Witness

Hey everyone

Dunno if this is the right place but hey lol someone will move it if it's not right :)

I'm debbie 22 new here well i've been reading a few thread for a few months but just decided to sign up.

I always watched csi and miami never New york until a few months ago when i seen D/L on you tube now i have all the box sets and have caught up, i know some people don't like D/L but i do :drool: i think it's great we finally get to see that side of the job, life is about living not just work.
    I don't mind that people don't like everyone has an opinion i'd like to chat and fit in i hope lol so feel free to reply.

hope this is right lol :confused:

14. CdfSjaI

CdfSjaI Prime Suspect

This is definitely the right place to introduce yourself! A big WELCOME to you.

Glad you got into New York! I started with Miami and then with NY. Never seen the regular CSI.

Personally, I am one of the people that really don't like D/L. But I also feel that everyone is entitled to their thoughts. Since you like D/L, I would recommend the D/L thread for you. Or just feel free to look around and start posting:)

15. lal

lal Pathologist

welcome :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.