Dexter

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by LoneWolfe001, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Dexter siblings Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter are now real life spouses.

Don't worry folks, it's legal. They may play brother and sister on Dexter, but in real life Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter were lawfully wed on New Year's Eve, according to Hall's rep, Craig Bankey. The outdoor ceremony was held in Big Sur.

Hall, 37, and Carpenter, 29, plan to appear together at this year's Golden Globes Awards on Sunday.

Source: People.

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I know that's crazy, huh? It seems sort of weird, but only because they play their roles so well on TV and I can't help but see them as brother and sister! :lol:

Anyway, I'm very happy for them. I like them both a lot as actors. :)

3. Stee

Stee Lab Technician

I also watch Dexter, though it's been a while since I last watched an epi, as I don't really have the time and the mood, I'm stuck somewhere in the middle of season 3, so far quite good! :)
    I think the 1st and 2nd seasons were far better than the 3rd, I still like it. It's original and like twiztid4togo said Dexter is a lovable serial killer!:) I have to say at the beginning I started to watch it, because I had nothing else to do, but later I 'needed' it if I missed an epi...though everyone was looking at me like I was crazy because I watch a tv-show where the serial killer is the main character and I couldn't explain them that 'He is not like the others':lol:

I realized that Dex and Deb in real life are a couple when I saw a pic of Golden Globe thing a few days ago, it was weird to think about it, that they are married now, I mean for me they are siblings:lol:, but anyways they make a cute couple:)

4. Hounds of Love

Hounds of Love Prime Suspect

Yeah, I know it is strange to learn they are now married in real life (um, incest? LOL) but I really wish them all the best in their new life together. I was shock to hear they were dating and shortly afterwards, pow, I find out they got hitched! I will always see them as brother and sister though no matter what! I too saw them very briefly on the Golden Globes, too bad Michael didn't win.

I wonder what kind of storylines they might have in store for SEason 4?

5. csi-love

csi-love Victim

my boyfriend has this really big obsession with Dexter, i dont realli see the idea of a man who has an ordinary life seeks to kill people for the thrill of it. it seems good but i get lost watching it :(

6. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

^He doesn't kill people for the thrill of it. He's a born psychopath who learned to channel his 'urge' by killing bad people, people who deserve it. He tries to lead a normal life, when he knows that he isn't normal because he has no sense of emotions, or how they work. So he simply fakes them. That, and the dark humor added to it, is what makes Dexter our favorite serial killer :D

7. csi-love

csi-love Victim

ahhh now i get the whole thing :D:D
    boyfriends dont really make things clear :(

8. thecreepyplace

thecreepyplace Hit and Run

I love Dexter!
    Season 2 was amazing.

9. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Personally I preferred season 1 since it stuck much closer to the book. I really REALLY loved the first book in the series. The second was good too, though it didn't have quite the same flare as the first. I'm afraid to read the third since most fans say that it ruins the series for them... so I'll just ignore it and pretend that it isn't canon. :D

I just wish the show acknowledged the presence of his Dark Passenger. We don't see that in the show and it's pretty much ever-present in the books.

I don't get premium cable channels so I haven't seen the third season yet. Would anyone say that it was good? Bad? So-so?

10. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

While season 3 is definitely the weakest if the 3 storylines, it's still better writing than you'll normally see on TV. ;)

I don't understand what you mean by acknowledging the presence of his dark passenger? I haven't read the books, so is there something more to this? It's been mentioned as his dark side in the show, but I'm not sure what else you mean?

11. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Eh... I don't like the idea of sub-par Dexter, but I'll catch season 3 when I can regardless.

If they've made more than a total of one or two references to the phrase "Dark Passenger" in the series, I'd like to know about it. I know Dexter did his Dark Passenger speech in the second season, and made mention of the phrase once more, but NOT in reference to his actual Dark Passenger. That's all I can recall.

Yeah, in the books, the Dark Passender plays a much bigger part. It's basically the thing that motivates him to kill. Without the Dark Passenger, he's NOT a killer. That's why I'm disappointed that it doesn't play a bigger part, at least in his narratives, in the TV show.

12. NM42

NM42 Prime Suspect

Awwww does anyone post on here anymore? :(

13. steph_r

steph_r Witness

We must be in need of a new season ;)

14. NM42

NM42 Prime Suspect

Oh my god!

yay! And yes we do. I do also believe that s3 has to be the weakest....as for season 1, I could just pretty much watch that back to back.

15. steph_r

steph_r Witness

Yeah I wasn't so impressed with s3. Though honestly i'm surprised they came up with a solid storyline for it. I can't really think what they could choose next as the primary story for the next season without it being repetitive or ridiculous.
    And nah, nothing can beat the first series :)
    Or the books.