Wallpaper Thread #10: Showcase, Links, & Requests

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Dragonfly, May 1, 2009.

1. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Love the Horatio wall egeria!

2. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Wow, those are all gorgeous!

GNRFan- I love the blending on all of yours, and the ideas are fab. Such appropriate and perfect quotes, especially on the second two.

Axelsonfire- Those are awesome! I especially love the way you combined the pictures on the second one, and everything about the third one. It has a beautiful whimsy to it with the coloring, and the quote and picture are so appropriate. Awesome job!

Desertwind- Beautiful coloring and blending! I especially like the second one.

Egeria- Wow. Those are absolutely amazing! The Lady MacBeth quote is especially awesome. That's gotta be like the theme Shakespearean quote for the entire series. And the Nick/Greg one... :adore: So perfect, and not just because it's the Love. I love the aged paper look there. How did you get that?

Mine from the challenge:

Brass 1

Brass 2

Flack

Brass 2 w/ text from Flack one

Any constructive criticism would be especially appreciated :)

Last edited: May 26, 2009
  3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Axel, I love yours especially the third one.

Desertwind, I love the coloring on your wall... very pretty. Have you ever entered any of the challenges? I think you'd do well. :)

Egeria, yours are great. I especially love the last two. The "out damn spot" one is really great. That's thinking outside the box. I never would have thought of doing something like that.

happyharper, your walls are great. I love the coloring on the second Brass one. :)

I was playing around with PS and made some B/W with splash of color walls:

[​IMG]

Version 2
    Version 3
    Version 4

I actually managed to make the word look like a Gel word without even trying on this one:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Version 3

The Sam ones have matching icons in the Miami icon thread. The Greg ones didn't work as icons.

4. MacsLilDevil

MacsLilDevil Police Officer

GNRF: I have a request for you, can you please make me a Mac and Lindsay wall where Lindsay is pregnant. And can you make it so Mac's hands are on her stomach?

5. Jay1987

Jay1987 Witness

GNRF: Nice work....=)

Ok this is my WP from the Shakespeare Challenge

[​IMG]

6. GregNickRyanFan

Well, I'm not really good at manips (I didn't make the one in my avi), but I could give it a try. Do you have any caps of Linds when she was pregnant and one of Mac with his hands out where his palms are flat and his hands are low enough that I could use it for the manip?

If someone else would like to give this request a try, feel free. I'm sure someone more advanced would do a much better job than I would anyway. :lol:

Nice Flack wall, Jay. :)

Last edited: May 26, 2009
  7. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Great job happyharper, GregNickRyanFan and Jay1987! :thumbsup:

8. LyzabethSay

LyzabethSay Prime Suspect

Since I fail the simple knowledge of knowing how to create thumbnails in PhotoBucket [if anyone knows prey tell!] I have posted my enteries for the Wallpaper Challenge on my LiveJournal here
    =D
    Thanks

9. GregNickRyanFan

You know when you hover over a pic in your album and that little box with codes pops up? There's a link in that box that says "link options". Click on that and another page will come up. Then you find the one that says something about message board img code for thumbnails. Check inside that box and from then on, all of your pictures in all of your albums will have the thumbnail code in the box with the other codes (when you hover over your pictures). Then all you have to do is copy and paste the thumbnail code. Hope that helps.

10. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Absolutely love your N/G wallpaper, egeria :luvlove:! Not only is it one of my favourite scenes but the quote fits them perfectly :thumbsup:!

11. LyzabethSay

LyzabethSay Prime Suspect

Oh, right thanks!

12. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

MacsLilDevil here you go I made this for you a while ago and forgot to post it I hope you like.

[​IMG]

13. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

From the Shakespeare challenge:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] Almost didn't send this one in because I couldn't keep Nick from being blurry.

Susan

14. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

GNRFan- The gel word effect is very cool. I feel kind of stupid asking this, but who is Sam?

Jay- That's a gorgeous wallpaper, and I love how well you got at the meaning of the quote. I especially loved your use of blending and text.

Lyzabeth- I love those! The Angell one was especially impressive. I love how you incorporated the whole text. The paper and photo style was beautifully executed and I absolutely love how it looked like Angell was actually looking at the text. I also really like how the shadowing on the paper is dark, but it still doesn't blend in with the text. Awesome job! And the photo reel idea was very clever on the second one. I loved the coloring on the second one also.

Fruitbat- You did a great job finding caps that really work for that pairing. I adore the blending between so many caps, and the balance of the different, beautifully vibrant colors! Awesome job!

Blackflag- I love yours, and I'm fairly certain I voted for the first one. The text is sooo appropriate, and I love how neat it is. It really does feel like a wallpaper I'd put up, or at least that a Nickophile would put up ;) I am in awe of how well you incorporated multiple photos and still gave it a decidedly uncluttered and neat feel. The colors really stand out over the black background. The second one is so well executed and laid out and gorgeous, and very appropriate for the team, and especially for the pictures. As for the last one, that's a really tough cap and I admire you for getting it as good as you did. I tried working with a cap that was a few frames away of Nick in that episode and had an awful time with it. Major props for working with the cap and making it look so good!

15. MacsLilDevil

MacsLilDevil Police Officer

Awesome Job Fruitbat! I loved it.:bolian::bolian::bolian: