Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Forensic Science' started by Cat, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Cat

Cat Head of the Swing Shift

I don't think the threads should be made all at once. It would be better if people came along when they actually wanted the threads rather than leaving the threads sitting and waiting for some form of human contact...
    It's a nice idea, though, thank you.

2. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Yeah, of course. People can ask for threads in here, maybe? ;)

3. steph_r

steph_r Witness

That sounds like a pretty good idea to me :)

4. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i like the idea of a forensics dictionary/encyclopedia. also just general stuff about what they do and what each test is supposed to tell them and how they all fit together. mind you i guess that's why we watch in the first place...

i also think having categories around the various sections they do would be cool.

also, could there maybe be something where we could say what our ultimate dream fantasy forensic test might be? "if you could invent any test to prove any one thing in the world, what would it be?" - that kind of thing. maybe there should be a stipulation that there must be at least some basis in reality :lol:

5. steph_r

steph_r Witness

Hey if you have an idea for a topic, get one going! ;) There definitely needs to be some more activity around here.

6. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yes feel free to start a topic, however, check to make sure there is not one already existing. You might have to go back a year or more in the archives here to double check. :D

7. Forensic Artist

Forensic Artist Victim

Would it be ok for me to start a topic, being so new around here...? I'm thinking, maybe somethin' about forensic art... ;)

8. Dizzney

Well technically there is a fan art thread that something like that would probably go on. I guess you need to clarify what you are referring to.

9. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Be it for me to toss out a suggestion, seeing I don't frequent this area all to often (and it obviously shows :lol:), but I like this idea. In actual fact, before I spotted this post from way back, the same idea had crossed my mind. Breaking down the different areas of Forensic's and the various testings into individual threads could make it easier to search for something if you're stumped. HAha, I know that it would help me.

Like adorelo had mentioned...

Trace - all things associated with this area.
    Blood Analysis - the same

Etc.....you could even have an area for general Forensic tools used in the field.

I also like the idea that *lisasimpson* had...and that is a forensic dictionary/encyclopedia. If my memory serves me right, there used to be a nice info section about the different equipment, tools and techniques used as well as some basic Forensic terminology, over on the official CSI site through CBS, but I haven't seen it for quite some time now. Something like that would be neat to have.

Anyway, that is just my thought

10. Dizzney

Well actually there are some old, old threads on this board that do discuss a lot of the topics mentioned. I just bumped up a couple for now.

11. daviidwilson

daviidwilson Civilian

^^I like that idea Cat, that was all us wannabes can learn about the real forensics!

Hi, I'm a forum jumper, I stop by here occasionally but only recently started posting!

12. Well,As Me,And,Almost ALL my friends love crime-Shows,We would love to know something about that subject,Forensics.And,As it's my turn to pick a subject to research,I would actually like some information about Two things:Autobises(See,I Can't even spell the word XD But,I think it's because I'm Danish XD), And Bloodspatter 8D.

And,Because my cousin is forcing me,Some information about sceletons,Please 8D