Criminal Minds #2: How May We Save Your Ass Today?

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by sandersidle, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Half

Half CSI Level Two

^*points up at her last two posts*

I'm tired of writing the guy's name. :lol:

One thing I appreciated about the conversation between Morgan and Prentiss was that the writers didn't try to make it into "well, you've only been here about three years. I've been here seven, I have more right to be affected than you". Because less-talented writers would've tried to make his burnout more important than any similar feelings she might have ever had. (A Higher Power for example)

2. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

What a freakish wonderfully creepy episode! This episode totally had me squeamish and working in the medical field you tend to see a lot of gross stuff. I was covering my eyes for a good part of this episode. I'm not gonna be eating any pork products for a while. I so knew when I saw C. Thomas Howell name in the credits that the Reaper was coming back, but I thought he would be coming after Morgan not Hotchner. The end had me with my hand over my mouth in shock. Big, big applause to Criminal Minds. September can't come fast enough.

3. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Loved the ep, though I could have done without the pig view as I had a pork chop at dinner. :lol:

As to the one that shot Hotch Omnivore, Refresher George Foyet aka "The Reaper" is the name I believe you were trying to come up with. If folks remember at the end of the ep after they catch him, they see a news anchor telling about how he broke out of prison.

4. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

This was a great way to end a very good season. If they decided to make the two hour finale into a two hour chase to save one of the team members it would have been a tad disappointing, but instead they went with "no one is in danger", but in the last 3 seconds of the show.

I really hope that Hotch comes out alive after all of this, because it would be a terrible thing if Thomas Gibson left. It wouldn't be the same without him.

5. athens

athens Coroner

I have to say the finale of this show was probably the best I watched from all my favorite TV Shows.

The case was really good and interesting ,creepy unsub,felt a bit sorry for Lucas.It was one of the most disturbing ones maybe because of the large number of victims although it is about criminal minds.

I liked the ending when Hotch was talking about his team and we could hear his voice and see all the others.

I hope and believe that Hotch is going to be ok.[Both the start and the ending of this season about his character;)]One thing I noticed is that he left his gun like two steps away from where he is.And when the show premieres again I can easily see Hotch and the Reaper[?]talking and then the shot fired...At least I hope so.

6. CSINYAddict

CSINYAddict Rookie

The first thing I did when the screen went black, was scream "HOTCH!" Don't they dare hurt Hotch :(. I think they were imitating the Picton murders. It was upsetting that William's sister died at the hands of those fiendish criminals. I knew he was going to shoot the unsub. Overall, it was a great season finale, and I cannot wait until Season 5!

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Did this episode make anyone else think of a very twisted version of "Of Mice and Men"? I didn't know about that pig farmer case though unless that's what that one horror movie from that 8 Films To Die For is from. But, I don't know anything about that case except for what was in the movie trailer.

What was with all the Wizard of Oz references from Garcia in this episode. :lol:

8. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

With Garcia who knows, I think she watches movies and suddenly they come to work with her. :lol:

If we go by Tv.com (which I do tend to). The Ep "To Hell...And Back (2)"
    This is the first episode that features a quote by a character (Aaron Hotchner) rather than by a famous person.

And here is the quote from Hotch they are referring to.

9. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Wow, I never even realized that. It's rather hilarious. They poked fun at their own trademark episode ending. How cute. :lol:

Hotch is either dead or he's not. There's a 50/50 chance at this point. I personally don't think he's dead, but I do think that he was shot. If it turns out that Hotch ended up shooting the Reaper, somehow that doesn't seem like that good of a conclusion to a cliffhanger. It doesn't seem like a good enough ending for the Reaper. He got away; he deserves to get a good chase in before one of the team members shoots him in the head for being a jerk. *laughs*

10. CSINYAddict

CSINYAddict Rookie

I do not think Hotchner is dead. I think he might be injured. The reaper might have left him the way he left Morgan in 4x18. I don't think Hotch shot the reaper because they do not want to make it that easy, and the whole episode will most likely end up finally destroying the Reaper. I hope Hotch is okay though! Thomas Gibson stated in an interview he does not want to leave, so I hope that puts rumours to rest.

11. GregNickRyanFan

I just realized this, but the ending bugs me a little cause it's a little too smiliar to a cliffhanger involving Elle. Remember her? :lol: There was one ep that ended with the cliff of her being confronted in her home by some killer and I believe we heard a gunshot before it faded to black screen.

12. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Yeah, the S4 finale and the S1 finale are mirror images of each other. I'm 95% certain that they ended almost the exact same way- an agent comes home, starts to relax, an UnSub comes up to them, aims a gun at their head, cut to black, gunshot.

Elle ended up okay, until she went crazy and vigilante later. I'm no expert because I don't like Elle, and therefore haven't seen many episodes she was in.

I can't tell if my dislike of Elle is actual character dislike or just further fangirling of Emily, though. :lol:

Last edited: May 26, 2009
  13. GregNickRyanFan

Well, I liked Elle all right, but I like Emily much much more. :lol:

14. Smiliee

Smiliee Coroner

Okay, so I'm not the only one who thought that? As soon as I realized that the one brother was mentally challenged and accidentally hurt his brother I was like holy crap, this sounds familiar! LOL....

This, in my opinion, tied with Fringe to be the best season finale of the year. It was pretty cool having an actual two hour episode and then a character tie in at the end rather than an entire character focused episode (not that I don't enjoy those--because I definitely do!).

I really don't think Hotch is dead. However, I do think he will end up injured. That sucks, since the poor guy just recovered from being blown up at the end of last season. I do think that they will injur him though because again, it is pretty much how the first season finale went and Elle made it through sans harm.

15. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I thought of Of Mice and Men but I didn't go "oh come on now" until there was that cage that seemed full of dead mice.

I haven't seen the Fringe finale, but I definitely liked that CM managed to have a two hour finale and not be focused on character drama until the last minute. Hey, since it worked so well, maybe we can have more two-hour, non-two-parter episodes? Hm? *grins*

I completely enjoy my character!in!danger! episodes, but I appreciate that we can have a finale without needing to have a c!i!d!.

Like I said, I do think that Hotch was shot. Not killed, but shot. And it will be interesting because while the team has worked without Hotch before, it's almost always been because of a temporary, not-life-threatening thing. Not having him because he's been shot and could possibly die? God I want to see that. Take the Penelope drama, add the Fisher King II drama, and multiply that by Hotch. It's like a c!i!d! fan's dream come true. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.