D/L Why we dont like it

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by meggzie, May 21, 2009.

1. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

I WAS BORED SO I CAME UP WITH THIS :lol:

first of all this thread is not to offend or upset anyone it is the same as all the we love lindsay and danny together threads and we are hear to express our opinion.

Why do you not like the D/L pairing? would love to hear what you have to say.

ENJOY:)

2. Mynerva24

Mynerva24 Witness

I've got a feeling this thread will be closed soon. But, until then, here's what my opinion is. First of all, i've never like Lindsay as a character. True that she can be funny at times, but most of the time, meh! No offense, but i really thought she is not a good character. Then, i can't see a real chemistry between Danny and Lindsay, let alone love. It seems that both of them are not ready for that kind of relationship, and that their relationship are based merely on physical needs. *shrug* It's like looking at teenagers that rush into things just because they feel like it.
    *shrug*

As said, no offense to D/L shippers... It's only an opinion, anyway... Peace ^o^V

3. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

yay my first post.thank you and they betta not close my thread. and i agree with you

4. CdfSjaI

CdfSjaI Prime Suspect

Absolutely no chem. It is not my intention to compare but I remember when I first saw the F/A scene is Communted Sentences when they were in the car. The sparks were flying! And even Smacked there's been moments when it's like WOAH!. Maybe they should hook up. But never with D/L. Other than them being "cute" together there's never been much to them than just that.

D/L to me was just so obviously a relationship produced in the editing room. Someone said oh hey they should get together. And it's like everyone else just followed. I don't buy their "love," Never have, never will. Theres been cute moments but not too believeable. And I've never really liked the Lindsay character anyway. Maybe it's only me but I don't really even think that the actors get along too well. They don't seem to have much in common. And you can tell onscreen. Again, this is just my opinion on this topic.

Last edited: May 22, 2009
  5. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

i totally agree with everything you say. i always wondered if carmine and anna liked each other because no matter how good actors they are they always seem to not like each other in episodes even when they are supposed to be in a relationship:lol: but maybe it is just me.

p.s like your pic:thumbsup:

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Just wanted to drop in here to say to be careful about making assumptions about the actors personally. It's totally okay to say they don't have chemistry, but saying stuff about what their personal relationships might be to each other (ie, they don't like each other) are unfounded and really not-so-relevant to the discussion. So let's try to steer clear of that. Thanks!

I'll definitely have more to say on this topic later when I have more time. ;) :)

7. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

kk fair enough btw though i meant lindsay and danny dnt seem to like each other in episodes (though that is anna and carmine but anyway)

8. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

Is it just me or is the D/L bashing getting kind of old??? I get everyone is allowed to have their own opinion about the show and what the writers do/don't do but this has been going on for what feels like forever!!! I feel like there are so many threads all about how much Danny/Lindsay relationship sucks and blah blah blah. Obviously the writers are not going to stop the relationship and its one thing to say you don't like something that happened on the actual show but to now have yet another thread just to talk about the same things that everybody has said on every other thread, it just seems to be getting real old. Esp. since basically all people are doing is bashing Lindsay/Anna. Can we please talk about anything else anything at all!!!!!

9. CdfSjaI

CdfSjaI Prime Suspect

Woah! First of all i've never said anything about Anna. I don't know her personally, or any of the other actors so there's nothing bad I can say about her. Do I like how she portrays Lindsay? No. Is she my favorite actress? No. Sorry if that offends anyone.

And no television show is perfect either. So i state my opinions on the incompentence of D/L as a relationship because that's what i feel. Doesn't make me like the show any less or anyone else less.

If you feel this topic is old than start your own thread but don't bash us just because we choose not to like D/L. And this is the first We don't like D/L thread that i've seen, so please slow your roll. I don't like feeling like I can't state my opinion, especially because this is a thread dedicated for that topic, i'm not on some D/L loving thread bashing them.

Oh, and meggzie, I like your avatar too! It made me laugh out loud--literally.

10. Mynerva24

Mynerva24 Witness

Now, in the nicest possible way, Railynn, if you don't like talking about why us people doesn't like D/L why bother come to this thread at all? Kind of doesn't make sense to me. I don't like D/L, i don't go to their shipper thread. Easy, right?

11. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

Everyone so quick to get mad cause I disagree with your opinion well I was just stating mine. And Mynerva24 I normally don’t go into the D/L or the Anna/Lindsay threads but I notice that there are so many I thought I'd simply state an opinion that there are a lot of thread that say the exact same thing over and over again. We get it you don't like the Danny/Lindsay relationship. It's talked about in this thread the spoilers thread all the Anna/Lindsay threads Carmine/Danny threads whenever there is a promo picture posted or any picture in general that’s all I was saying it’s a little like beating a dead horse you don't like the relationship that fine and its fine to talk about it when you talk about an episode or something like in the spoiler thread but to stat what feels like the 15th thread all to just bash the same relationship over and over again seems a little ridiculous. And yeah 99% of the time people problem with the Danny Lindsay relationship is with Lindsay and Anna portrays Lindsay so you also have a problem with Anna or at least Anna acting. Now when in my last post CdfSjaI, did I say anything about people hating Anna??? All I said was most of the bashing goes back to Lindsay/Anna.

Again as I’ve said along I get that everyone has the right to their own opinion all I was saying is why are people continuing to start new threads about how bad the D/L relationship is when there are other thread that talk about the same thing. And yes it’s getting old, how many times can you say the same thing over and over again.

12. Free2BMe

Free2BMe Victim

I have tosay why I very much disliek the D/L story and do not think it has been handle well at all. And I complete wish they'd just drop the storyline altogether (although that wont happen now with the baby and everything) I agree with Railynn, there are a bunch of other threads to discuss all of this why are these thread continuing to pop up and the other threads are not closed yet?

13. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Guys, there's no specific topic for people to discuss why they dislike Danny/Lindsay. I'm hoping if we focus discussion in here, there will be a little less of the dislike of Lindsay and D/L bleeding into other threads (like the Carmine or the Anna/Lindsay thread). So let's stop sniping at other posters and stay on topic in this thread. If there's no interest in the thread, it will drop off the main page, and if there is, then the people who want to discuss it can.

14. Mynerva24

Mynerva24 Witness

Good! :)

Back on the topic. I wasn't a really tune-in fan when season 2 was aired, due to variety of reasons. And, that was, if i'm not mistaken, the season where the whole D/L thing started. So, anyone could share what epi i could start watching to see how it's all started, and how it all end up like it is now...? Thanks i advance... :)

15. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

first of all i would just like to say this is going to be a nice discussion thread rudeness. not that anyone has just saying.

And the only reason i made this is because i have never seen a d/l dislike thread, i have only ever seen a why lindsay must go thread, so sorry if you have seen many of these but i am not forcing you to read or comment if you dont like it .
    thank you everyone for commenting though