Would It Really Be A Better Miami...?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by luvcsimiami, May 13, 2009.

1. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Let's just say that I do think some actions are even worse than actual assasitation, but I really see where you're getting from & I kinda agree w/ you on some aspects.

Ok now that's not I was looking forward to seeing in this thread.
    I think this must be the most respectful thread I've been reading in this forum lately whenever it's time to talk about E/C & all the other character.

Trust me, you're not incapable of expressing yourself & no one is hating you for this. We all have been trying to express our opinion about this stuff & I truely believe that nobody hated you & your posts.

OFC, as you can see, we don't agree on many things, but, at the same time, as you have already the opporunity to see it, I think you should consider there was no personal argument against YOU.
    There may have been an "argument" against the idea you were trying to express through you posts.
    Also, that idea may wasn't the one you were trying to express & some of us didn't really understand your real intetion.

Now, my advise would be....please, try to refreain your post/idea in a very calm way knowing that no one is going to kill you for expressing your opinion :thumbsup:. I'm pretty sure that you would feel much more relaxed & you would free able to express your opinion w/o anyone trying to kill you ;)

2. luvcsimiami

luvcsimiami Hit and Run

Absolutely! This wouldn't be as much fun if I didn't :lol:.

I'm going to stay in the minority camp on this until Season 8 but I really do hope that they surprise me and write to where he isn't as guilty as everyone thinks. You do have a point about Calleigh's proficiencies but that storyline was so whacked I try not to think about it. They have created so many plot holes with that it's not even funny. Now, remember Sink or Swim wasn't the only episode he did this in. Remember 'Bang, Bang Your Debt' was another one. He wouldn't confide in Calleigh about what he was seeing even though she knew something wasn't right and called him on it more than once. He DID however confide in H without a second thought and went and got help after Horatio urged him to. That's why I don't think it's farfetched to think that maybe, just maybe he walked that path again. It's his SOP when he can't talk to Calleigh he usually makes a beeline for H.

Agreed he should definately pay the consequences if he really did lose his mind and put the entire city in danger. I think it's time for it to happen if only for the fact that maybe so many people wouldn't dislike this guy so much now that he's finally paying for something.

:lol::lol::lol:I knew you would love it.:hugegrin: I couldn't help it, it was too easy. I don't think it's that farfetched especially since she gave Jake another chance and let's face it we know he wasn't exactly the model of honesty. I do agree that if they do it, it would be the last show of Miami which would be perfectly fine by me. I think that in Eric's misguided attempts he was trying to protect her. She can't testify to what she doesn't know and if she didn't know what he was going to do then she can't suffer the consequences of his actions. I know it's a stretch but I just go back to his Sink or Swim comment. He would push her away first before letting anything happen to her. 'Seeing Red' was a bad example of this but there you have it.

Agree that it would be a CSI:NY ripoff, although I don't watch the show but I also think they could do it differently on Miami. Also, if Cal left then they wouldn't have to wait for the final episode for a wedding. I really hope they don't do the pregnant cliche...that's just too much.

Agreed. I thought the same thing. I mean I'm glad she didn't catch a stray bullet since she totally froze. Come to think of it I think they've done all this to justify the no frat rule and why it was put in place. (Judgement is colored, reactions aren't what they should be etc.) However, I still hold the opinon that some of the reactions would have happened even if they weren't involved just becasue they are all so close (or at least are supposed to be) as a team and would have been concerned if one of their own was involved in this sort of thing.
    Also, as I said before you can't control who you fall in love with and knowing that I do think with how professional they have been in some episodes when one of them is in danger they don't react well. It's time for someone to move to a different shift.

I couldn't have said it any better and I agree that this was one of those things that in love with Eric or not she should have involved Horatio. :rolleyes: It's kind of like what Eric did when Natalia was having issues with her ex. Eric cared about Natalia but he also knew it was a situation he didn't need to be in the middle of and he dialed H without any hesitation and then handled Natalia's anger about the situation when it came. Calleigh shouldn't have thought twice. I also think that was part of the tears at the end. She really provided the impetus for Eric and honestly she has to be taking a second thought and thinking if only I had told Horatio and had Sharova bought in instead. What a mess:brickwall::brickwall::scream:

I can't say enough how they insult the women on this show by having them lose all concept of reality when they get a man. I mean seriously is it too much to ask for a strong man and woman as a couple without them losing their senses.
    -Natalia sleeping with her abuser ex-husband (yeah right. What an insult to abused woman who work so hard to get out of that situation)
    -Valera dating said abuser and then acting suprised when surprise he tries to assault her :rolleyes:
    -Calleigh forever being the victim with men. E/C has so much potential to be a strong, admirable couple imo and I still think that. However, they really don't need to go down the road of Eric being like all the others because he's not and that would really piss me off. Calleigh also needs to not assume that he's like all the others. :scream::scream:

Right! If only they would listen to us and let Ryan and Eric bury the hatchett. That alone would make me a happy camper.

So would I...but D&D babies would be just as cute :angel:

I knew you would get what I was trying to say. It was gross writing it but I didn't know how to explain it. Glad it made sense.

Ok. Super H is the man. :thumbsup:

Yep, I agree. It's ok to put it here and I just meant that I never thought of asking about H departing because of his various actions simply because that would mean there would be no Miami. You are correct Florry, that I don't think Ryan or Natalia leaving would have the same impact as Eric and Calleigh mainly because they have had more time building up the fan base from season one. However, that doesn't mean that fan base hasn't grown leaps and bounds above E and C so who knows. I just think it would definately be harder if not impossible for some of us to cope without E and/or C.

Have to agree here. Horatio is and has been just as bad in his bending/twisting/breaking the rules just as much as Calleigh. I think Calleigh is so focused on because of the reason for her change. I can't say that I've see a lot of discussion on H's issues.

I also see that sometimes the love for one character makes you feel the need to defend them no matter what. It's really hard to accept criticism of the one that you like because you're always going to see that character in the best light no matter what. I also think that can also go but ways. Meaning fans who don't like a character tend to only see the bad in that character and not the good...hence the bashing. However, there is also the group that can see two sides to every story and while you may adore a character you can see the flaws and discuss them with others who may not see it the same way as you.

That's really why I started this thread Ginna, because I think there is a happy medium and both sides can be discussed and we can see each other's veiwpoints without it turning into some huge unfriendly debate:)
    No, I am not saying that you were doing that just explaining the purpose of the thread and saying that you are definately welcome here. So please keep posting. All the posters on here are great and have been really great to me and beleive me I can be blunt with no attention of being offensive and sometimes it comes across that way. However, I'm getting better at that and it helps to have posters on here who are open minded. I mean Florry, Delynn and I have gone back and forth so much I think Eric, Ryan and Calleigh should give us some serious fan memorabilia for defending their honer so well:lol::lol::lol: (i.e you don't think Calleigh's character has been assassinated, but in some aspects I do. Hey I'm not mad at you, tell me why you don't think that. You might change my mind and who knows I might change yours. We may still keep our same opinions but the fun is in the discussion and it's all good. So no worries. Keep posting :lol:

Well another example is that Horatio covered for his brother even when he knew the guy was no good. His actions mimic Calleigh's in that he did what he did for love of his brother as Cal does what she does for the love of Delko. Either way both Horatio and Calleigh have changed and I guess to me Horatio became less compassionate and a lot colder but he was still Horatio. He's dropped the ball by not taking care of his people and come to think of it I think it was Delynn or Florry who said something about him being or becoming a sorry supervisor because of his baby mama drama...so he's criticized but maybe not as much as we've been seeing of Calleigh lately. I will say on my part I haven't really been focused on H that much so I don't know just how accurate my comparison is.

If he did lie I agree that this is why he did it and your scenario is the most likely one. Although I would have to say it would be an interesting twist indeed if they did make him an evil guy for a while. I know I posted this somewhere else but bad Don Johnson on the old Miami Vice comes to mind. The show was really popular in the '80s and a main character went bad because he had *****drumroll**** amnesia. He almost killed his partner and best friend. The guy thought that was some Miami drug lord and because he was the best on the force he made the cops lives a nightmare for while. His captain was ready to have him taken out and his partner made the last ditch effort to bring him back from the dark side. They carried on like this for almost a whole season before the guy regained his memory. A plot like this could work for Miami if they did it right. However, I have no desire to see bad Eric as fans would just hate him even more so I still stick with my theory that maybe he didn't lie but i'll be the first to step up and take my licks if I'm wrong...;)

I could see this. Maybe she ends up on suspsension too for breaking protocol. I don't see this happening as she hasn't had very many reprimands but I could definitely see Eric's actions causing him way more issues than what Calleigh has done.

Actually mine too depending on how they did it. I just don't want them to come up with some stupid reason why he risked his career, his life and his relationship with Calleigh. I also hope that even though everyone and I mean everyone understands why he did what he did that he still has to face the consequences of his actions. I also hope they don't put the guy in jail but just suspend him. One can only hope.

Somehow I knew you would get what I was saying. You rock, Florry and not just because you agree with me:thumbsup:

3. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Exactly! :lol:

Yep I remember it & I think you're right. So yeah it would be nice to see him walking that path again. At least it would be an improovement in terms of team dynamics ;)

I must say that you said it in the nicest way possible, that I can't say I don't agree w/ you :lol:

Exactly & it is pretty useless to walk that kind of path againg, for the 50th time on the show.

It is an awufully bad example, but I do get your point.
    I guess that the problem is that right now Calleigh is even more hurt than she actually could have been if he told her the truth :p

I do see your point here, it's just that I really think they're focusing too much on their relationship & on Delko lying to her.

And that's what I've been waiting for since they pute them together. I mean it's time for one of them to move to another shift. So that they wouldn't have the same kind of problems they've been having this year & they would be much more focused on their job than they're lately ;)

I must say that your Valera's explanation cracked me up :guffaw:, but you did get the point & I still can't get over the idea they have to destroy all the women on this franchise.
    And yes, I'm a little bit tired of it.

Me too, me too :beer:

And this is the best scenario possible, trust me ;)

:guffaw: Oh boy! I can't wait for the moment to come :lol:

Oh gosh this must be the funniest way to introduce a new storyline I've ever read, but it is quite perfect to me :lol:

Actually, I was waiting for her to get suspende by the end of the finale, but it didn't happen. IDK, I think it's time for her to get some rest. After all expect for her 3 hours long coma, she never had the opportunity to get some rest from her job :lol:

:alienblush:. Yuppy, now I want a piece of cake just b/c I understood your post :p

4. luvcsimiami

luvcsimiami Hit and Run

Sorry for the long delay in responding. I was playing on other threads and finally popped over to this one:)

LOL...Thank you. I had to think about that one for a while so I could get the statement just right. ***whew***:lol:

It's true though and honestly I'm getting so annoyed that Eric keeps getting painted in this light. I know I've said it umpteen times but the guy isn't an idiot why oh why do they keep making him seem as if he has no brain. I know it isn't September yet but I'm going to be steaming if they don't come up with a good explanation and it better not be amnesia:mad:

It's even more useless to build up a relationship whether you think it's been two or seven years in the making and then end it on some really ridiculous sequence of events that should never have happened. MJ said it best I think...what is the point? If you're trying to show that they belong together then do it, put them together, keep them together and move on to other storylines. I know I've said this before umpteen times as well but I am in the small group that does think they can keep them together during the show and NOT make it seem like a soap opera and not fill with it E/C moments every episode. Would it be a challenge? Most definately, however it could be done and it could be done well imo. Again I have to cite Presumed Guilty, Divorce Party, and Dead on Arrival as examples (I know the last one had a shipper moment but it was short, sweet and done before you could blink.) Yes, I know the non-shippers hated it but I also think that this is where the moment was just begrudged because the couple is just majorly disliked rather than it detracted from the show...:p It was one of the few shipper moments that wasn't out of place, imo. You know kind of like the Jake and Cal scene in Bang Bang Your Debt. Hated it because I didn't like Jake but even I can admit it didn't detract from the storyline, it was ok if you shipped Cal and Jake, and it was only a quick moment.

If they could do like five or six episodes mirroring Presumed Guilty's and Divorce Parties(obviously the characters need to be mixed up more and we need more Natalia...but you get the point) in a row and then a DOA mixed in every five or six episodes or so the pairing could work.

Agreed. She was terribly hurt and it didn't have to be that way. I'm still holding out hope that he will redeem himself.

I do think they are spending too much time focusing on the relationship but as far as him lying to her I'm not to convinced that he is. I know I'm probably dreaming but all may not be as it seems. It never is on Miami.

I love these guys but I will admit it's not necessary to see a 'ship' moment every episode. However, I do not think that every time they are on the screen that they are showing us a ship moment. E/C worked together just fine before they got together and it's interesting to me this idea that now because they have been declared a couple suddenly the same scenes where they were working together before are now seen as 'ship' scenes. I think it's very clear when they show them working a case that this is Eric and Calleigh as CSI's (i.e. Calleigh coming in to tell Eric, Frank had to let a suspect go) and when they are in a ship moment (i.e. that same scene turning into a ship moment (when he tells her about his father) Divorce Party is a good example, they shared a frame at the very end of the episode and there was no ship moment (sorry Eric pulling out a chair for Calleigh is him being a gentlemen he would have done it for any woman) They interrogated the kids, that was it. No shipping at all.

Agreed I do think this needs to happen and I also think it would be almost as effective as one of them not being on the show. Just because one is on another shift doesn't mean you have to show them in that shift on every episode. Personally if the stuck Eric on another shift, mentioned his name during the dayshift and I didn't see him for five episodes I would probably be ok. I wouldn't be happy because I wouldn't be seeing my favorite character, but I would be thrilled for his character so that if something happens to Ryan or if Calleigh has a mini-breakdown or if someone breaks their friggin toe he wouldn't get blamed for it. :lol: (Sorry I'm a little snappy...it's not directed at you...I watched the finale again and it put me in a bad mood. I personally thought Calleigh was over the top but I know, I know I'm probably only one of two people who thinks that :scream:

Thought you might like my description. They need to bring Alexx back if only to restore the image of a strong woman who can hold her own and represent. :thumbsup:

I know, I agree. I hated the storyline in that show and I don't want to see a Miami show do this same thing again. Besides that it's just too easy. I'm hoping they dig deep and come up with something really good. I don't like his Mom was kidnapped, or they threated H or Calleigh and the dog for all I care. Just give him a good reason for being so trusting and then ending up missing for his trouble.

I was waiting for H to come up on them arguing and ask what the heck is going on. I wouldn't be surprised if she got suspended when all was said and done. Of course if that happened Eric would be blamed again so maybe that's not a good idea. :shifty: She does need a rest though.

You got it...just tell me the flavor and I'm all over it. :p

5. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Let's just say that I kinda "hate" the new Delko, the post-bullet one, since I agree w/ you, they're picturing him lika an idiot.
    He's not an idiot & he was a very good guy, not to mention that I used to droll for him, but now we have this shaved head, these horrible shirts & suits & yep he's behaving like an idiot.

As for September I really don't know what good reason they'll come up w/, but, considering what they have already done w/ him & w/ this couple, I highly doubt they will ever offer us a good explanation for his actions. And I mean they have to find a very good explanation for them :shifty:.

Quite honestly he has done too much & I wish that Calleigh texted H something about the situation right after their second argument in the lab :p

I think you've already said everything.
    Ok I didn't like that particular moment in "Dead on Arrival" just for one reason: we have already seen too many E/C moments on this show that even a lighthearted moment like that one makes me throw up. Though, I agree that moment, taken away from any other E/C storyline, must be compared w/ the one Caleligh & Jake had in "Bang Bang Your Debt" b/c it's exactly the same ;)

And that's what I've been asking since they got together, but I guess it's too difficult for CSI:Miami writers to mix things up :rolleyes:

Let me just clarify this. The problem w/ this particular scene is that we've never actually seen making this action for any other woman.
    I mean it wasn't shipping at all, but the fact they first showed the gentleman Eric is w/ Calleigh made me roll my eyes. Gosh, TPTB you could have shown it even before so that you wouldn't have had non E/C fans yelling at you :lol:.

But, then again, I must agree w/ everything you said.

No worry b/c I totally understand you & I kinda agree also b/c I think that as Eric should be blamed for everything he has done in the episode, Calleigh must not be considered a saint & yeah she was over the top, especially at the end ;)

Well if she got suspended, I wouldn't blame Eric at all, in this case. I mean she's is responsible for he own actions & yeah as Ryan was fired for his gambling problem, Calleigh should be suspended for all the times she had crossed the line for Eric ;)

As for H, the more I watch the episode the more I so can see Calleigh texting a message on her mobile phone right after her second argument w/ Delko in the lab.
    IDK what she was doing, but surely she shaked her head while pressing some buttons on her mobile phone. Wonder what she did w/ it :shifty:

Yeah my 4 years old - inner soul just won :lol:. Chocolate, please :p

6. luvcsimiami

luvcsimiami Hit and Run

I knew you would say chocolate:lol: You got it I just happen to be a great baker. Snack cake on it's way.

WARNING: This is a bit of a rant and it's not intended to offend anyone so don't continue if you don't want to hear my bellyaching:lol:

So I've been lurking around on the board I've posted a few comments and questions in the shipper thread and I was interested to see what was going on in the dislike thread. I have to say that once again some pretty valid points were made. Actually I'm actully stunned that I agreed with a lot of what MJ said on her last post.

I guess I can see where the "post" bullet Eric has been more clingy. I can even see the fantasy world bit (especially when it comes to his father)
    As for Calleigh, I'm on the fence. (Of cousre I am I am a shipper:lol:)

Here's the thing with Calleigh. I know a lot have said sorry they don't buy it, I don't care what the producers say they never intended to put them together. I'm just not so sure that's the case. I guess I can see that in light of Ann Donahue's need to mess with the fans that there are those who doubt what she says.

However, I do remember an old interview with AR long before the whole E/C romance where he said they were working with two ideas where it was either C would be hooked up with H (glad they didn't go there. It was bad enough with Grissom and Sara but that's because I wasn't a Sara fan) or if they were going to hook her up with Eric. Now AR said at first they were going that route in Season 2 and for whatever reason they dropped the storyline in that season. So regardless of what Ann said I just can't see any viable reason why AR would lie when he didn't even know at the time if they were going to go there or not. I think that interview is on this website.

Now with that being said, I think the trip to get there was pretty ridiculous and painful. Some of the things that happened, were imo pretty unnecessary. Now we have what some like to call "clingy" Eric. I do see how a bullet injury can alter someone's pscye to the point where they feel needy, however, I also would like to throw out there that Eric's fear or clinginess may come from a diffierent source and escalated or became more apparent after the bullet. To me he changed a lot when his sister died...H became Super H, distant and kind of cold. Eric became...well dependent. I happen to think it wasn't as noticeable but it was there. As much as I hate to bring it up. His 'fling' with Natalia comes to mind. The whole conversation they had about why he wasn't invited to her party and her comment about just setting some boundaries. Then the rug was pulled out from under him when Natalia was revealed as the mole....(more trust issues on his part...we already know he had them from a previous Natalia comment)

Then we had the whole bullet incident, which led to the Jake and Calleigh incidient (enter more trust issues...since Calleigh threw out signals, he picked them up and then bam she hooks up with Jake...sorry Cake fans but this has never made sense to me. Especially since I see that Calleigh was the one that started shooting the signals...not Eric, I did'nt see that Eric started going down that road until the kiss on the cheek)

Then we had the hallucination thing, then the kidnapping thing where I thnk it really freaked him out that after losing Marisol, after getting shot, after everything not being familiar that fear just took over and suddenly he was holding on tight to anything familiar. So yeah, I guess I can see where he became more dependent than he was in the past, but I also think that it has a lot to do with the loss that he's suffered as a result.

Now is dependency a good thing...obviously not. However what I find funny is that stupid or not, when he jumps out on his own and doesn't listen to Calleigh...he's an idiot. When he takes direction from Calleigh and does what she says...he's wrong, an idiot etc. As Delynn said about H in another post...Eric can't win. I mean really he can't. :(

I've read a lot of posts and as is the norm Eric is the bad guy...yes Calleigh should have taken the photo to H but ultimately it's all Eric's fault...AGAIN. I keep asking my same question though. What if Eric wasn't lying? Most everyone assumes that he is. I don't remember him saying anything to Calleigh when she said "if you have talked to him...etc. that makes you an accessory. The second time I didn't hear him open his mouth and say "I haven't talked to him" what he said was "I know the law."

The lie that I heard Eric tell Calleigh was who had called him on the phone...which he then corrected later. As for the rest of the lies everyone keeps talking about I admit it...I'm confused.:confused:

The Deluca Motel - He lied to Horatio, not Calleigh. She asked what he was doing there and he said he was working some things out. No, he didn't tell her that someone was trying to kill him but he didn't say everything was honky dory either. Now, falling his standard way of doing things when H asked him again why he kept beating him to crime scenes, Eric didn't hesitate he told him what was going on. H immediately pulled him off the case, which is why Eric didn't tell him the truth in the first place he didn't want to be pulled off the case.

Also, I will never understand why folks think it's everyone else's right to know everyone else's business.:scream: Yes, Calleigh was a friend, best friend, more than a friend, whatever, but maybe he just didn't want to air his dirty laundry at that point. Just because I'm a friend doesn't mean I have the right to know every single thing you're going through at that moment. You'll tell me when you're ready to talk about it. I mean I can't see Eric running through the lab going 'hey ya'll I'm living in a sleaze bag motel so if you want to find me that's where I'll be.' For once he was trying to deal with a problem, he inadvertantly caused by looking into his family history, on his own and he's still wrong. I don't get this!:wtf:

If they had taken a moment to have him tell Calleigh what was going on...that would have been another moment for someone to have an issue with. He doesn't tell her about it, she asks why he didn't say something, he gives a vague answer and that still wasn't good enough.

The whole proficiences thing. She said they never talk about the bullet and she asked him if he was ok. He said 'it's a process' and then listed the things that helped. Where did he lie? :confused:

Bang, Bang Your Debt...ok he said he stood up too fast. Technically, this is a lie. I agree, but I also think the man thought he was seeing things so I didn't look at this as OMG it's Calleigh let me think of a quick lie. When she asked him what was going on the second time...he didn't tell her anything. He avoided the question and continued to do his work and went to Horatio when he was having trouble at that point he felt he couldn't confide in Calleigh or he just didn't plain want to.

I'm not being factious I'm really confused. I've got all seven seasons so someone direct me to 'all these lies' I keep reading about. Help me out here as I'm really at a loss. I mean when did Eric become the great liar? As far as I saw he lied one time (two if you count BBYD) to Calleigh.

Not telling her someting is not the same is lying in my book when we don't know the reasons why he didn't tell her (i.e. the brith certificate thing is what I'm referring to here not the stuff in the finale. My opinion on that is again he was still trying to figure out in his own mind how his life had ended up so messed up. How are you supposed to articulate that to someone when you don't even know how you're feeling about it? We also don't know whether or not H told him not to say anything. H told Natalia not to say anything to anyone about Alexx when her son was in trouble. So it's not unlikely that he told Eric to keep quiet until they could figure out what to do.) Yes, there is lying by ommission but I don't know if that was the case here...I don't know about anyone else but when I don't want to tell someone something...rather than lie I don't say anything. Why is that different in Eric's case?

I for one am seriously hoping that Eric didn't lie come Season 8. I hope he has such a great explanation that most of us are speechless and stunned that Miami came up with something so original and then when it's all said and done I'm still kind of hoping that Eric gets suspended and AR goes off to make another movie therefore he's gone for several episodes...heck make it half a season or better yet give him the screen time Natalia had this season. :rolleyes: (I'm so not being a smart aleck or snarky here I'm as serious as can be.)

When they do bring him back I hope they show him working by himself in a lab and I hope they can go as long as possible without showing him working with Calleigh. I know this sounds crazy but I'm serious I hope we don't see them working together for at least two seasons. I guess if the writers want us to know that they are still together someone on the team will make a comment to let us know and that's all there is.

I have to say that if Eric has ruined Calleigh well she's definately ruined him. I still love these characters but I don't love how they are now being viewed. I like what I would call 'growth' in the characters, sure there have been a lot of questionable actions that have made me scratch my head on more than one occasion. I think some of those actions have caused what I would call character assasinations but I also think that there is the possiblity that what they are trying to convey we don't always see or understand until we have the whole story. (For me that would be the Jake storyline. I hated it...but when it was all said and done I actually kind of got the point...my idea is that no matter how much Calleigh may have wanted it..Jake would never be the guy for her. She said it herself to Eric in Raising Caine...I think. "Not everyone deserves a second chance. She figured that out the hard way)

Even when we do have the whole story people say it's not plausible (I'm guilty and I've said it so beleive me I get why we say it) but honestly how are we to know where they were going and what they meant? I think we are supposed to see these characters as larger than life, and then we are shown over a series of events that they are humans who have made mistakes. Sure in some cases a lot of mistakes, stupid mistakes but mistakes nonetheless. I realize the writers can't make everyone happy but it seems to me that if they actually did come up with a happy medium it would never be viewed that way. Non-shippers will only be happy if they are not together and shipper fans will only be happy if they are together.

As for me I'm now thinking something totally different. Maybe it's time for both of these wonderful actors to exit the show and they can bring on new folks. Then it's not a question of shipping at all. Heck they can put H and Yelina together and probably most of the fans will love that and all will be well. That would make me a happy fan...no longer a CSI Miami fan but hey I'm in the the minority so they wouldn't miss me, but a happy AR and EP fan.

I had to post my thoughts somewhere and thought this would be safe place. Hope I didn't offend anyone just wanted to have a little rant myself on my thoughts. I am not trashing anyone's opinions so hope you don't think that...Just wanted to post a few of my own.

7. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Thanks for the cake :p

OH WOW I didn't expect this kind of rant from you & all I have to say right now is WOW :eek:

**compeses herself & reads the post**

Actually I've never heard or read the interviews you're referring to, but I trust you.
    As for what AR said, I'm pretty sure that, again, this is another example on how actors are...let me think...oh yeah TPTB's spokepeople.
    I've read & heard too many interviews of both AR & EP on this topic to say that they're all about how actors really feel about this topic or about how TPTB wanted this relationship to be developed.
    I know I'm not making sense...all I want to say is that most of the times you hear their interviews they're not even talking as AR or EP, they're talking as TPTB employees ;). They have to say what TPTB want us to know & most of their interviews are sooo misleading that sometimes I really prefer CBS promo than their interviews :lol:

Well I have to say that I agree w/ you on this since it's true everything correlated to his sister & that season changed him so much.
    Still the bullet played its role...I wish they had never shot him b/c yeah I still think that is the most idiot storyline they could come w/ for him :rolleyes:

Let's say that I've never admitted what I'm going to say since I didn't want to believe in it.

When Eric was shot, they decided to use Calleigh as his tutor & best friend & I'm ok w/ that, not to mention that I loved that part.
    Still, I don't get why they mad Calleigh literally used Delko's feeling. She knew he had some problems also b/c of the bullet, she knew how unsure he was, she perfectly knew his feelings for her (for god's sake he totally admitted them)...still she used the guy & that's one of the most horrible things they could do both to Caleligh & Delko.
    OFC, I had to see him as an idiot w/ puppy dog eyes chasing her!
    OFC, I had to see her kissing Jake right in the middle of the lab perfectly knowing that Eric could see her. I don't think we can blame Jake b/c he was the kind of guy :)devil:), the only one to be blamed is Calleigh. Ok let's say that I think she couldn't refuse it in that moment..still she could have thought about the whole situation w/ Delko instead of completely ignoring him for five day b/c oh yeah she was busy in Antigua w/ Jake :rolleyes:

Again, I'm a CaKe fan, but still I found Calleigh's behaviour both selfish & disrespectful towards a guy w/ problems like Eric! And it was disrespectful also towards Jake, b/c to me it looked like she perfectly knew she was going to leave him knowing that he's not the guy she has always looked for. Jake Berkley for her was just her sexual toy. Let's not deny it.

Ok for me Eric Delko has not the possibility of winning. Now, I'm not say that he's completely an idiot & that whatever he does is wrong or bad. All I'm trying to say is that the situation in which both Delko & Calleigh her doesn't allow him to win.
    He literally depends on Calleigh (that's what they've shown till few episodes ago) & whenever he tries to become more independent, heal capacity to do it in the right way.

I mean it's not completely idiot to help your father & yeah it was time to let him face some troubles, still they showed how his attitude to help his father wasn't that smart. As far as we know, Eric is injured b/c he got in the middle of the shooting & Calleigh shot at him b/c he was one of the bad guys!

So as long they show Eric Delko w/ these situations, I don't hink he will ever be able to win.
    Look at his arguments w/ Cal:
    -when Eric said "you don't know him" she said "I'm sorry, DO YOU KNOW HIM???". She literally destroyed him.
    -when Eric said "I know the law" & she responded "do you? I mean do you really?". I'm sorry, but again Caleligh destroyed Eric.
    Maybe if Calleigh hadn't destroyed his personal ego w/ these quotes, he would have thought more than once wether to help or not his father & he wouldn't have found himself in another situation of "loss" ;)

Honestly, I really hope you're right, but I highly doubt it considering how TPTB tend to put him in all of these odd situations.
    If he lied to her....let's say that Calleigh Duquesne really won against Delko, but if had said the truth, I still think he wouldn't have found himself in this situation.
    Knowing TPTB they're gonna use Sharova for a lots of episodes & you know that for some he still must be the bad guy :rolleyes:

Not to mention that I truely believe there was no way that the car fell from the sky. I'm sorry, but it really sounded like a strange coincidence :p

BTW, he lied to Calleigh more than once....hallucination (we know why, but he didn't tell her), cheat sheet (there's no way he has never used it!) & he should have said the truth, not matter whether it was good or bad, he should have done it :shifty:

I agree w/ you, but still thre's a problem.
    Why lying to her about his father? I mean if he really think he's a good person, he shouldn't be worried to tell her that finally he's having a good/healthy father-son relationship w/ Sharova.
    To me it looks like that he kinda knows that the problem too big for him to be able to handle it alone. He should have someone who helps him, but, then again he's too proud of himself to admit he has a big problem :p

He lied to her when he told her he had never used it. OFC, in that period he was using that cheat sheet. If you feel so sure about your capacities, you shouldn't go w/ that piece of paper in your pocket!

Having said this, I'd like to add something since I feel the need to do it.
    I have never & I reapeat NEVER considered Delko a liar. OFC, everybody in their life has to lie sooner or later & he some times did it. As he did it Calleigh did it & anyone else did it.
    So, I've never accused him to be a liar.

After the bullet & after the whole E/C oplà lots of things changed, but then again as Delko lied, Calleigh did it. As Delko made some stupid mistakes, she made them.
    To me, right now, they're on the same level.
    While some times I tend to justify him b/c he still has that damns silver bullet in his head, I really have a difficult time to defend Calleigh. Some times you can't even try to do it b/c, as far as I know she has no bullets in her head, but still she manages to beahave worse than Eric.

All I'm trying to say is that as I blame Eric, I must blame Caleligh & as I blame Calleigh, I must do it also w/ Eric b/c, right now they're a copuple & they act as a single unit against the rest of the team.

Again, I find it pretty stupid to blam the characters & the actors for it, b/c the only people who can be blamed for this poor storyline (both shipper & non-shippers have to complain about it).

We truely came to a point where people can't stand Eric, some others can't stand Calleigh & lots of other can't stand the view of them together even if were the most professional scene between two CSIs.

I think you also came to a point where you would like to see them separeted for while. Why? B/c you're tired of people complaining about them.
    While you're tired of these complaints, we (me included) are also a little bit tired to complaing on some aspects of the show (bare in mind that this season was really good except for the team aspect).
    Again, it's not our fault & surely it's not our fav. characters' fault. It's all about poor writing from TPTB ( I know I know I can't stand them :scream:)

IDK, maybe this is a personal idea I've got about a "show", but I always think that once you're fans are arguing over your character b/c part of them think TPTB are destroying it while some others think right the opposit thing, you have come to a point of return.

I do think that at this point there's no way to have the old Calleigh back or the old Delko back. I also think that TPTB have built up a storyline which is too complicated storyline ( I do thinkt he final episode showed it considering that they're best characters, the ones they consider mostly, have been arguing twice in 10 minutes & it was all about trust issue, I don't mind Sharova!) & actors come to a point where they have to relase lots of interviews on always the same storyilne (How many have they been??? Too many for me :lol:) knowing that no one will ever be happy....yeah I think it's time to give up the show.
    I'm saying thsi for their well-being. I know that if they went on, they would become crazy & they'd be ready for a rehab :lol:

That's not the future I want for both AR & EP.
    How can you think that EP could ever get an award considering the war we have about a show which is always reviewed in such a harsh way?
    How can AR go on shooting great movies, if he has to stay on Miami set to shoot always the same storylines, which sooner or later are going to annoy everyone? :p

Hope this post made at least some sense :lol:

Thanks for posting this b/c you gave me the opportunity to clarify few things & this was also a great chance to show how I really feel about what is going on on the show & outside it.

Last edited: May 22, 2009
  8. luvcsimiami

luvcsimiami Hit and Run

Anytime, my dear, anytime:thumbsup:

I know, I know I was in a whining mood...plus I knew you guys wouldn't blast me. :)

Well, I only read it once and I think it's on this site somewhere...or maybe I found it in the shipper thread. Anyway, it just came to mind because it was well before the whole romance developed. I think it was like a season 3 interview. I agree that you have to take what they say with a grain of salt but just thought the timing was intersting. I know what you're saying they are all quoting the party line...but still makes interesting fodder for conversation on the boards. :lol:

Yep, I think that was really the entire point of that storyline was to dramatically change H and Eric in some way. Well it worked but I agree the bullet storyline could have been so much better. Again, even AR said he wasn't too thrilled by how quickly they showed him coming back. He said it wasn't realistic as he had friends that had brain injuries or something like that. He said some fully recovered and others never got back to normal. (That interview was definately on this site somewhere)
    I mean other than showing him making bad decisions and being clingy they couldn't come up with a more significant side effect...really :rolleyes:

Can I just say how happy you make me when you bust out with something like this! I thought I was the only one that felt this way. Seriously, I just watched season 5 and 6 again and I really wanted to strangle Calleigh. You don't lead someone on and then go 'oh sorry-change my mind.' I wholeheartedly agree that they didn't have to write it where Calleigh used Eric's feelings etc. IMO, that's one of the big reasons why there are non-shippers who don't think the relationship is credible. I'm a shipper and I can admit that even I had issues with it. I overlooked it because I do like them together and chalked it up to jacked up writing...but it didn't fit to me and it never has. I get the point they were trying to make and it really just made Calleigh look pretty heartless.

I agree I do think it was disrespectful to both and I wasn't a fan of Jake. Just didn't like the character at all, putting him with Calleigh just made it worse. However, I don't blame him for the kiss b/c I agree he's just that type of guy...another reason why he got on my nerves...he liked to take without asking. I've always thought that Jake was Calleigh's Natalia, in other words...Eric's fling with Nat was Calleigh's fling with Jake. Still Calleigh did the double speaking thing with Jake too. She would take pot shots at him (relationship with you always have an ulterior motive) She rips into him about something he did...I forgot now but I remember her telling him off and then BAM...they're a couple. Hmmmm..ok yeah. I'm sure it made sense to someone...just not to me.

I can't even disagree here because they've demonstrated over and over again just what you've said. I think that's my whole issue.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I do think it was an idiotic decision to help the man if he was bad. The judgement is still out on that for me. I'm still holding out hope that TPTB can surpise me.

As for Calleigh, I have to agree. Frankly, I think Calleigh is just hard on men period. Her dad did her a job and she rides roughshod over them if she can. She was all up in Jake's face when she didn't like something, same thing with Eric. I do agree that if she had shown a little more sympathy instead of 'unmanning' him her pleas might have worked. I know some folks will say Eric was a wimp...personally, I thought he grew a little...he was angry but he didn't go off on her...he just walked away.

I hope I'm right too but you know I'll step and say I'm wrong if I am. I do think Sharova is going to be around for ahwile and of all the things to use to make a dramatic point between these two this guy just doesn't make sense. ugh:rolleyes:

Yep, I counted the hallucination one. The cheat sheet, sorry I didn't think he lied. I brought it hook, line and sinker. I looked at the notes like a security blanket. Something he didn't really need but it gave him more confidence to have it it he did need it. TPTB have been really good about pointing out when Eric is lying and the fact that this never came up later makes me think he was telling the truth. :p

Come on Flo, say it with me now 'BAD WRITING'. I agree there isn't a point for him to lie to her unless Calleigh is prone to having fits whenever the man's name is mentioned. A few reactions like that would deter the most determined of men from mentioning the guys name. Besides, everytime Eric mentioned his father Calleigh spazzed and starting running the guy down. There's still no reason to lie or hide it. How hard is it for them to write a line that says. 'You know what, if you're going to freak out about it every time I'm not going to tell you.' See no lying necessary and frankly Eric is blunt enough to make this kind of statement even to his precious Calleigh;)

Security blanket...don't think he lied and they didn't make a point of telling us he did. He was too emotional about it imo...'he said would it make you feel better to know that I haven't even used it...not once' Sorry I was convinced he was telling the truth. Besides that, what was his motive for lying here? (he usually has one when he lies) The secret was out...he had a cheat sheet and the whole lab knew and assumed that he used it. Calleigh assumed that he used it and didn't tell Stetler and she could have. There would be no point in him lying about not using it since everyone thought he was anyway...including Calleigh. The secret was out, no one told, therefore no reason to lie about it. Nope, not buying it...I think he was being honest here. His halluciation's is a good contrast to this...yes he lied and his motive was no one knew and he wasn't going to advertise it. He told H and that was it.

I toatlly beleive you and my comment was directed at you or any one person. It was more a statement based on all the different threads I've read like it's just accepted that Eric had to be the one lying. Almost as if it's a part of his character and it was common knowledge that his character always lies or something. You know it's like saying oh you kno that Rudy purple is his favorite color. That's why I was like...ok when did he become the big liar. That's all I meant by that. Sorry if you thought I was accusing you or anyone else..that wasn't my intent at all.

LOL...ok this made me laugh. You're absolutely correct, Calleigh doesn't have a bullet in her head but she does act like it sometimes. :guffaw:

I see where you're coming from and while I haven't seen that us vs them mentality (except maybe in WISC) I have seen the pairing off again which I hated in season 4 and I haven't liked in season 7. Unfortunately, the pairings put E/C in a bad light because they are always together and you're right no matter what they are doing folks are just sick of them so it doesn't matter anymore whether they are being professional or not.

Actually, I don't want to see them seperated as a couple. I want to see them removed from the show for a while because I am tired of the complaints. I love the pairing I just hate that it's caused so much dissension. So if they are not on screen then the other characters can get their fair share of screen time and complaints although I'll be the first one to admit being surprised if Ryan got a lot of complaints about anything. I honestly wonder if the reaction would have been the same on this board if Ryan was in the car and had the bio dad vs. Eric. I don't think it would have been. I know, I know I had to go there...it was just once so I did good.:p

I totally agree about the other aspects of the show and believe me I am just as tired as you all are. The team dynamics need to seriously improve and while I've never been a Ryan or Nat fan, um, I actually do want to know more about them. We know so much about H/Eric/Calleigh that I think they may have shared too much information.

Agreed again, it's not our fav character's fault it's just bad writing dang it. That's what really makes me want to scream.:mad:

Well not always. I can think of some old shows that I loved where there was lots of fan controversy but it's really what made the show what it was. La Femme Nikita comes to mind. There were definite Nikita fans and definite Michael fans. (The main characters in case you're not sure what I'm talking about) What was so great about that is that those fans switched off quite frequently depending on who did what in the episode. Sometimes you wanted to strangle Michael, other times Nikita but the plots and the controversy's made sense...well ok until the end where they just lost it. Now talk about an ensemble cast that could rock on screen. Loved it. However the way they ended it was horrible and as a result I will never watch another Peter Lenkov directed show. Guess what it explains why I don't watch 24 or CSI:NY. Peter Lenkov is the producer/director for both of shows and he knows how to jerk the fans around and really srew up series endings to a show.

My point is the controversy can be good and actually give the writers more ideas. Other times it can be really bad with a line drawn in the sand. Honestly, I think that's where this whole E/C thing has gone and man that hurts to say but I think it's true.:shifty:

Oh dear...I hope not. Can you imagine their show sending them into rehab. How terrible:lol: Still you're right...I think the pure anger running through the show between these two Sharova came out looking much better. I also agree there were some trust issues going on here and it's crazy because they both have them. They need to get in a room and have it out. In the words of one of my favorite La Femee Nikita villians, Madeline (There's been too much externalization of emotion):D

I know and I agree. I don't want that kind of future for either one of them. Of course, they could think of it differently. The stronger the battle the harder they have to work. Only time will tell what strategy they will take.

Of course it made sense. You always do. I was happy to post (ok...whine) just decided it was time to throw out my own little tidbits. As always thanks for responding...strangely enough now that I've whined...I feel much better.:lol:

9. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

You know, on Russian boards Ryan was bashing like no one else. Everyone is angels, Ryan is total bastard :( Believe me, people bashing him a lot and if he was there instead Eric, he would be worse guy on planet. He already is after WISC and Tara's fired storyline.

Would be better if one of them change shift and we don't see that person for a while. Or maybe Eric can finally check his CSI scills. I admit that i prefer them break up ASAP, but if tptb just start show Calleigh and Eric interact with everyone else, not only with each other... It's better then nothing.

luvcsimiami, Florry86, just wanna say that i love your posts there, it's nice read different thoughts between EC shipper and not :)

10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

You would have to go over to the CBS board to find Ryan complaints and plenty of them.Talk about bashing, he has never done anything right . He wasn't right in WISC,he wasn't right with his treatment of Tara for the most part.Eric along with C/E romance rules,no other character matters to the show.Ryan and Natalia are pretty much treated with hostility.There are very few Ryan or Natalia fans over there.
    I do like the idea of Eric or Calleigh taking a short hiatus.They don't both need take time off at the same time.
    It would give the other characters a shot at more screentime and perhaps give the fans a chance to know more about these characters.

Last edited: May 23, 2009
  11. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Oye... simply said: Eric and Calleigh can't live without each other, so they have to stay, Ryan and Nat: they haven't really gotten their true time to shine and they're breaking through or yet to break through, so they'll stay, Frank: he's Horatio's side man and the show wouldn't do good without his tough comments. Horatio: he's jsut has to be there, to keep the CSIs in order and give words of wisdom (cause the last time the three csis worked a case together they f-ed up).

I like a mixture of Calleigh now and then... she'll always be the same perky, smart and strict blonde, it's just that now she's revealing the human in her; the reall Calleigh. Cause if she didn't show emotions she'd be like a robot, and we've got one already.

I like a mixture of Eric now and then. Think about this: if he hadn't got shot in the head, then the EC romance only had about a 50% chance of surviving, cause Calleigh was buy his side. AND he'd still be a darn player, cause I really think the bullet in his head has cause him to think differently. I love him more now: settled and capable of having a real relationship - he's always the same caring Eric as before only minor changes.

Horatio: we've seen this guy from his worst to good to all the way back to his worst again...practically everything had happened to Horatio, poor guy soon have a heart attack cause he'd enduring all this crap the bad guys keep sending him.

AND Ryan Wolfe: the old Ryan was too, i don't know, but now we've seen him grow into a better man, though some mistakes, he's brave and highly talented. Horatio trusts him and so does his friends. I think he just needs a girl friend, to cheer him up. You know brighten his day.

In other words: CSI:Miami would be nothing without them.

12. luvcsimiami

luvcsimiami Hit and Run

Thanks Orla and Greatfan for the info. Not that I want Ryan bashed any more than I want Eric, Calleigh or anyone else bashed. I just thought it seemed a little heavier on the Eric side and Calleigh as well over here. Ah well I guess it depends on where you go and since I only hang out over here I didn't realize that.

As far as WISC honestly, I wanted to slap all three of them in that episode. Ryan because he didn't confide in anyone...he's a CSI and a smart one at that. If he can figure out how to frame someone he can figure out how to tell his co-workers and friends that he's in trouble without tipping off the Russians. Eric and Calleigh needed to be slapped because they couldn't figure out something was off and then didn't listen to the explanation when Ryan was ready to give it. Never really saw it as double teaming but I can see how it looked that way to others. Personally, they have ALL made mistakes so no one is exempt from the list of stupid mistakes claims.

I agree with both of you that a short hiatus (not a break up Orla sorry - :lol:) but a hiatus without one or both of them might not be a bad thing. It is time to learn more about Frank, Ryan and Natalia. If they do that in S8 I will have to remind myself that I asked for it so I won't complain about it since the only one of these three that would really interest me is Frank but hey I want everyone to have their time in the spotlight :)

LOL...Thanks Orla. It is fun going back and forth with Florry and the rest of you. Call me silly but I actually like talking about it from both points of view. It's kind of cool and I don't know about anyone else but it does make me look for certain things on the show and try to see them from the other side. It doesn't mean I agree with the assessment but I can at least try to look at it from another viewpoint. One tends to miss things when they're close-minded so I try to keep an open mind even if I don't agree.:) Thanks for joining in to comment yourself. I appreciate seeing your comments as well.

Yeah, like I said I mainly hang out here on this board. I am not now nor have I ever been a big Ryan fan, but honestly I have no desire to see Ryan bashed anymore than I want to see it on the persepctive of the other characters. I think we can talk about what we like and don't like without running the characters into the ground. I have to laugh when you tell me Ryan is being trashed about Tara. Not to discount others opinions, I just think that makes no sense. I mean call me insensitive but I had no sympathy for her. He gave her a chance and she blew it. She almost got him shot, Kyle will need therapy for who knows how long and H was probably left feeling like a fool because he trusted what she said and it made Julia have a meltdown. Ryan was correct in what he did and just like several of us have said in previous posts they really need to move away from Ryan always being the guy who can't be trusted and Eric being the guy who's always pissed off yelling and whatever else has been attributed to him.

As for E/C I still think they should both disappear for a while. I still hold the opinion that if one of them is visible, especially Eric, I don't care if he's across town he will get blamed for something that goes wrong. He can't be blamed if he's not there. As for Calleigh, I think they need to grace us with another perky little blonde and see if we like her as much...I bet not but I'm always open to surprises:lol:

13. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

I probably miss this part with trust from friends in WISC or Resurrection? I see that team always think worse (at least bad) about him and never wanna know reasons for his actions. The only one person who asks and have answer is Horatio.

I agree that Eric can't live without Calleigh, but i don't believe the same about Calleigh. People already wrote about her behaviour and i think she can live without him. Yeah, she cried in season 7 finale. But lets for a minute imagine that EC don't happen and they just friends like in first 5 seasons. I think she would cry, thinking that she shot friend and her friend in trouble now and she hoping that she miss this shot. :( I mean, friend or lover, she would cry in that situation. I hope you understand what i mean. So, thinking about her behaviour in common, i think she can live without him.

Totally agree about H, CSI: Miami is not CSI: Miami without him.:)

And take this risk when little boy life was on line? I agree that he can let them know, find some save way, but again, it was risk. You know 70% things in our live is accidental events (not mine words, my teacher from university :D), there was risk that thing can go not like you want. Example, he do what russian guy want, release his guy. But this russian call him and suddenly tell him that he have more then one guy (ok, it was girl :lol:) involve in this case. Ryan's actions to release one guy eventually come to arrest other russian bad guy(girl). Yeah, it life, there many accidental events that you can't control.

It's ok, that's why you EC shipper and i'm not :lol:

Agree! I wanna know more personal things about them! We know that Frank have kids and ex-wife. They can write story where about murder in school and one of Frank kids can be a witness. And i really really wish know a lot about Ryan. Anything! Lets finally see someone from his family, lets finally know what he like do off work, anything please! :scream: About Natalia, lets start give her screentime :)

14. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

First of all I just wanted to let you know that I didn’t think, absolutely, you were referring at me when you were whining against people who tend to refer to Delko as a liar.
    Let’s just say that I wanted to clarify my personal position also to easy my conscience :p

And when I read that interview, I just wanted to applaud him b/c he’s absolutely right. They didn’t come up w/ good storylines & sideffects of the bullet :rolleyes:

Well let’s just say that I don’t find E/C credible at all for many reasons, but I see your point & I’m glad that I made you happy. ‘Cause, I mean it’s true. She used both Delko & Jake & I don’t think there’s no way to deny it.

I see lots of people who tend to defend Calleigh (I’m talking about shippers ;) saying that she was just too afraid of revealing her feelings for Delko? Do you really think that a person who prefers to get into a relationship knowing that it won’t work & perfectly knowing what feelings a man has for her is afraid of showing her feelings? I mean for god’s sake she just told Delko that she kinda had some feelings for him, but the problem was just that they would have had to work together day & night…& oh yeah she preferred kissing Jake in the middle of the lab knowing that anyone could watch the. I’m sure she was terribly scared :rolleyes:
    Sorry, but this excuse is just too lame, to me.

I know that many of the shippers are Calleigh’s fans would insist w/ this excuse. I used to be fan a of Calleigh, but I never dared to say that she was afraid of her feelings. I tried to defend her in lots of other way, but surely saying that she was afraid of showing her feelings (hello!!! She’s been afraid for 7 years??????) is too odd.

You may try to defend her b/c you think that what she did was right, but you can’t say that she was afraid to show her feelings b/c I think she explained very well what she was going to do for a while :rolleyes: , but, then again, Calleigh Duquesne is a saint & everyone else is a bad person.
    No I’m sorry, she’s not a saint. I’m not starting bashing her, but some times you can’t even try to defend her.
    While I can applaud her whenever she tries to help Delko as his best friend, even if she does it in the wrong way, I just can’t defend her when she treats Delko as her little doll!!

Same thing w/ Jake. While I applaud her b/c she gave him more than one chance (you don’t see lots of women able to do that), I just can’t defend her when she treated him like an alcoholic knowing that she killed a person in the middle of the city w/ lots of people there, completely drunk!!!!
    Ok Jake Berkley lied to you & he shouldn’t have dared to do that to you, not to mention that he shouldn’t have investigated on your case (lame writing again) but you can’t pretend you’re right ‘cause you’re absolutely drunk when you started shooting as if you couldn’t kill anyone there.
    What could have happened if child had passed there & she had shot at him? OFC, Jake is the liar, Jake was the one drunk shooting there :rolleyes: .
    But, then again, people will always crucify Jake b/c they just have to defend Calleigh!

While I loved their relationship I really don’t get why Calleigh decided to be w/ Jake, when she had to choose, knowing that he did something really bad to her in the past.
    Then again, TPTB never told us what happened so that we could really understand this kind of relationship. Yeah I think it’s one of the reason why lots of people have been thinking he’s a jerk: yeah TPTB told us he did something bad, they introduced him in this way & we still have to know what happened, but oh yeah now that he’s gone, this aspect is absolutely usless.
    Thanks TPTB for this :rolleyes:

:lol: I never said anything different. I’ll never stop saying that CSI:Miami is one of the worst written show I’ve ever scene. While they can come up w/ very funny episodes & interesting cases, they don’t even know how to handle a storyline. Look at all their important storylines, they never reached their goal & the plots blew up on their faces :lol:

You know that we’ll never agree on this topic, don’t you? :lol: That’s all I can say :p

I know it’s really sad, but that’s the point where we all have come to.

Ups I totally forgot to add that I meant that I want them to be separated for a while as CSIs & not as a couple.
    For god’s sake TPTB just put these two together & I’m pretty sure they don’t want thousands, if not millions, of E/C fans to cut their heads off :lol:

Absolutely yes, I want them separated as CSIs, change their shifts or mix up the team in a better way so that really don’t have to work together day & night.

I’m not so sure they could like it once they read this or other topics about E/C :lol:.
    I’m pretty sure that EP would start feeling like a b****h & AR would start feeling like an idiot. So I’m not so sure about it :p

Thank you :D . Not to mention that for the first time I’m really enjoying discussing every aspect of the show w/ an E/C fan. It is really nice when you come here & you are going to enjoy this discussion even knowing that the other person will never agree w/ you on some aspects, but you know that it will help you understand better his/her opinion. This is the most important aspect of discussions like these & as luvcsimiami it all depends on whether you’re open minded or not ;) .

Totally agree w/ you there, but then again, it all depends on whether you’re a fan of Eric, Calleigh or Ryan :p

I absolutely agree. Come on he didn’t do anything bad & he just helped the whole team. Tara did hurt lots of people w/o even knowing it, so it was definitely time for someone to stop her.

I think I posted everything :D

Last edited: May 23, 2009
  15. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I believe you, sadly, cause I'd like to think that Cal loves him just as much as he loves her. But in the those quarrelling scenes she was just looking out for him, believe it or not, and he shouldn't have gone to talk with Alexsander alone, he should've brought him in for interrogation... yet still he wants to find out what up with him by himself, althought it's a case, and disobay her. I can see he was hurt when she asked for his phone to see his calls, but she knows that part of him that wants has heart too big to obey rules. And almost everything she accused him of, he did it anyway...Shesh, I know he wants to repay his father but to go to that extent and get yourself in danger is just crazy. Calleigh had an attitude for a good reason, and she didn't get to convince him... the ending was hurtful to both of them. Eric getting hurt, plus Alexsander got locked up anyway and he wouldn't go missing...ot maybe he doesnt want the PD to find him. And Calleigh has to live in fear of shooting the love of ehr life and THAT alone will eat her inside out, even when she finds him. and even then he'll forgive her and say that it was his fault, which it truely was. She'll be crying and they'll make up.