Eric/Calleigh romance - why we dislike it. **spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

I definitely agree with you on that. I just want to see them happy together, I don't need Eric to run through the halls of the lab bursting in song about how in love he and Calleigh are :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

^That would be hillarious...kind of stupid...but funny too.

2. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

I envisioned that if their relationship became public, it would close the constant threat of "OMG their relationship may be discovered!!!" The secretive nature of their coupling means it's open to that one more threat. If they came out about their relationship, then at least we could get rid of that. Then again, I contradict myself- If E/C remain a couple - even a divulged couple, it'll still be a demanding story arc... It will make every bad thing that happens to either one of them loop back around to the relationship. Everyone will start to see everything they do relative to their relationship and romance, which will inevitably take away from the object of the show- to solve crimes and such, as well as take away fromt he characters as individuals.

So I have completed my analysis- I think they need to break up. That way, they can have a couple shaky episodes of speculation, then things can go back to normal. Hopefully, there will always be some who will be riding on the edge of their seats and hoping they get back together again.

OH I forgot- THANK YOU people for realizing that this E/C romance thing has been a rising concept for the longest time! Just because they're a couple now doesn't cancel out the fact that Eric and Calleigh have been buzzin around each other since the show began. They're attraction and relationship has been a developing story arc for many seasons now, and few other characters have gotten the honor of having such a thing. (They couldn't even play out on Ryan's OCD for more than 2 episodes!)

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  3. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

:lol: sorry, but that's really how I felt after watching it.

You really crack me up & I so agree w/ you.
    I do think that this finale was pointless both for the show & the couple. I mean what was the purpose of this storyline for both Eric & Calleigh?
    Did they wanted to show us that Eric Delko really cares about Calleigh & would do anything (even emotionally hurt her) to protect her? Well in that case, what a great way to show it :rolleyes:.
    Did they wanted to show us that Eric Dleko was protecting his father (who's supposed to be a bad person) completely ignoring his girlfriend? WOW ladies & gentlemen that's love :rolleyes:.
    Did they wanted to show us that despite every dram they'll alwyas be together? I'm sorry but I didn't think I was watching a fairy tale on television :rolleyes:. I prefer reading them :p

Let's just say that I was only trying to find out a possible justification for his actions. Since I really hated what he had done throughout the whole episode, no matter whether he wanted to protect Calleigh or his Daddy :rolleyes:

Honestly, I don't think they're going to blow up this "wonderful" relationship in this way, knowing TPTB.
    I mean they've been overkilling us for years w/ the whole "do I love her?"/"Do I love him?" stuff, that I just think it would be pretty too ridiculous to break them apart for this reason....even for CSI:Miami writers.
    I wish it would be true (I'm here ready w/ a bottle of champagne :lol:), but I highly doubt they're gonna break up for this. Though, if I were Calleigh I wouldn't be able to trust Eric anymore.

Exactly what I think. I would hate it since it's time for Eric to finally pay some consequences of HIS actions ;)

Ohhh I love gators :lol:.
    Anyway I agree w/ you. He will never face any kind of consequence for breaking the law. He really know the law :)guffaw:) & he broke it, but he'll never face the consequences just b/c in the next season premier we will find out that he was suffering from amnesia due to his bullet which shifted while Calleigh shot at him :rolleyes:

:guffaw: Totally agree w/ you on here.
    IDK, I just don't see how can I blame Calleigh for trying to tell him that he was going to risk his life another time :p

You couldn't have expressed the way I feel about this couple in a better way :thumbsup:

Honestly, I don't see how they have this romance since the beginning of the show, but I agree w/ you that these character had their honour for some seasons.. Though, now, it's time to move on, pretty please :p

4. Wasabi Power

I mean the story arc of the romance has been building up since before than E/C actually became an official couple. Maybe not since the beginning of the show, but for a while now, and more consistently and persistently than a lot of other story arcs given to other characters.

I can understand how some people feel that finally bringing them together and then (possibly) breaking them up feels like kind of a rip off, though. Sadly, it happens with every character on the show at some point. :(

5. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Oh ok I thought you were meaning this, but I wasn't asure about it. Thanks for clarifying :thumbsup:.
    Yes, I totally agree w/ you ;).

I do understand them, but yeah I wish they could break up just b/c, IMO, they showed what a bad couple they are.
    Still I understand the people who enjoyed them & I would feel sorry for them, if E/C broke up ;)

6. Wasabi Power

^ IMO the couple is attracting the wrong kind of drama, and the coupling takes too much away from the show and E/C as individuals as it is. Everything that happens to either one of them will always be put in contrast with them being a couple, and that's too bad because they're so great as individuals.

7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I couldn't agree more - that's already been happening since the birth of the arc (mid-s5) where they're no longer individuals, & this is just the kind of thing that happens when leads get together. It's terrible for the show, & for the characters....ALL the characters.

Here, let me put it this way.
    This show is like a supreme pizza, all the toppings representing the characters, plots, & aspect of the show (H is the cheeze...heeeheee..can't have this pizza without him) - E/C romance (ANY romance for that matter) is like the onion on this pizza, it adds a little flavor but it isn't needed to make the pizza what it is, & because the onion is so potent, too much of it ruins the entire pizza!! It doesn't matter how many more toppings you throw on it to distract the tastebuds- it's ruined because all you can taste is that damn onion. GET IT, PTB!

Oh, & to clarify one thing please...
    I meant the "trust" part blowing up in thier face. :)

8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

:lol: OMG this example is hilarious & crystal clear!
    Now I think I'm not going to eat pizza w/ onions thanks to this example since I'm going to imagine Calleigh & Eric as onions:guffaw:, but it was perfect sweetheart :thumbsup:.
    It explains the situation in such a good way!

Thanks for claryfing it, but quite honestly I meant both the relationship & trust blowing up in their faces.
    They've been keeping showing us how much Calleigh trusts Eric w/ every fiber of her being & I do find it pretty comic that their relationship has this "trust" problem ;)

Next time, Calleigh, my dear, do not trust people you know they're gonna hurt you, which is all the men you're going to end up w/ on the show :p

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:guffaw:Now I'm picturing a pizza with Horatio's , Calleigh's and Eric's faces on it. :lol:

10. kljmiami

kljmiami Dead on Arrival

You are so right about this. She has told Eric in more than one episode "I trust you with my life" but clearly she does not because she asks Eric if she can look through his phone to see who he has called recently which just shows that she thinks Eric is lying to her about speaking with his father and for a damn good reason... Eric is lying to her about speaking with his father. :scream:
    This relationship is brand new, should be in the fun, flirty, honeymoon stage and so far I've seen overly jealous Eric (confronting Calleigh about the photos of her and horse trainer guy) and now lying right to her face Eric.
    I agree with many of you that the relationship between these two takes away from their individual characters, especially Calleigh she is my fav, but honestly I just don't like them as a couple. I guess I just don't see the chemistry between them but that probably has a lot to do with the fact (dont anyone hate me here) that I really liked Calleigh and Jake. I thought they made a great couple and because he just popped in and out during season 5 & 6 their relationship wasnt overwhelming.

11. CSIinator

CSIinator Victim

Everyone has their own opinions. I don't think anyone should die for having an opinion.

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

With pepperoni slices as H's sunnies!! :lol: *cough* Ok, I'll stop now.

Welcome to the thread, kljmiami.
    I don't normally like to compare couples in this thread, but I do agree with you about Calleigh/Jake. It's all a matter of one's own taste (& yes I personally loved them), but I think anyone can at least agree on one thing with them - the romance didn't take away the show's focus or take away who Calleigh is as a CSI, as an individual.
    Those "recurring" love interests work better, imo. You know ahead of time when that character will show up, & you know to expect a touch of that romance in the episode. With E/C we have to be armed & ready with our allmighty barfbags for every single episode.

CSIinator, thank you for commenting. :)

13. Wasabi Power

Haha! That Pizza refernce was funny and it made sense :lol:
    I understand completely what your saying. E/C is the onion, overtaking the entire pizza.

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Pepperoni is H's sunnies. LMAO! :guffaw:MJ, you crack me up! :D

15. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

eThank you. I think I'm not going to eat pizza for a while :guffaw:

First of all welcome kljmiami :beer:

Ok, I must admit even here that I'm a CaKe & I'll never get over w/ their cuteness. Having said this, at least, CaKe didn't overtake the show. Thank god for this!
    As much as you love a couple, you will end up dislking it once you see that it's all about it & not the rest of the show ;)

As for the trust issue, you prettus summed up my thought about the couple. Not to mention that I agree w/ you that it all should be fun for them & not depressing, sad & heartbreaking.
    For god's sake, they've been together for 2 months & they already look like two 70 years old - married people :rolleyes:
    Give them some fun, instead of annoying all of us w/ this ridiculous trust issue :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.