Eric and Calleigh #36 - We're In This Together Now.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Apr 20, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Apr 25, 2009.
  1. We're In This Together Now

46 vote(s)
    73.0%
  2. We're Doing It And Doing It Well (Pending Mod Approval)

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. Caution: Smoking Hot Chemistry Ahead...

7 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

About the trust issue: when Cal asked Eric to show her the latest phone calls on his phone, I don't think she intended to actually check his phone record (as a CSI, she has other means of obtaining that kind of information). I think that she just wanted to see his reaction. When he ignored her request she didn't insist. This, and the fact that he told her that she "didn't know" his father confirmed to her that he wasn't being upfront with her about his relationship with his father. IMO, this is why she had a hard time believing him when he denied being involved in the anonymous car tip.
    It's really unfortunate that the writers are taking them down this road :mad:
    I just hope that they'll be able to work things out and come out of it stronger than ever.
    On another note, how heartbreaking was it to watch Calleigh break down at the end? I still get all choked up every time I watch that scene :(
    And to think that she can't even confide to anybody about her emotions!
    She has to suffer in silence! That, and the guilt that she's obviously feeling...:(:(:(
    I have to say that Emily ( as always) did a fantastic job in this episode:thumbsup:

2. electra

electra Pathologist

Well,I liked it despite all the bad.I have to admit that I always believed that Eric was more into Calleigh then how she felt for him.But not anymore after the end of yesterday episode.

I agree about the trust issues and that's the part I HATED.I honestly think the producers want to milk this storyline as much as they can to create drama.And unfortunely E/C and Horatio are the best way to gain ratings.Hopefully they will give a storyline to someone else and give E/C a well deserved break.

3. Jud

Jud Hit and Run

Yes the trust issue bothered me too. In the beginning I wasn't really paying attention to it until she confronted him with the car being found. I think she was just affraid Eric would get hurt. I know she still trusts him otherwise it would mean the end of their relationship. She just fears that she'll lose him one way or another. And I can understand that. When it's about someone you love you don't always think rationally or maybe she's trying to protect herself, to make sure she won't get hurt. She doesn't want to be dissapointed. I don't know
    Maybe you are all right and he didn't lie about knowing the information. Yes he did meet his father but afterwards and he asked his father for help! When he left his father I'm sure he didn't know wether Sharova would help him or not. In that way he didn't cross any barriers he just asked for help. He did look very hurt when Cal confronted him. I'm starting to feel more and more sorry...
    Still I'm fully confident they'll get through this. The ending said enough.

and texmex327, I don't think it's silly to cry over a stupid tv show...If only I could count the times I've gotten emotionally over something...:)

4. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I don't think it was about Calleigh not trusting Eric, it was more about the situation he was in. Calleigh knows Eric, she knows he is the type of guy who likes to help people out. However, Eric took a chance helping his father. This is a guy who was involved with the bad guys and the picture Calleigh saw did make it look like he still works for the wrong people. Calleigh had a right to be concerned. Things only got worse when Calleigh saw Eric speed away with his father during the gun battle between the good and the bad guys. I felt so bad for her at the end when she heard his father say this isn't his blood and that Eric is missing.

Honestly, I don't believe Calleigh shot Eric. When Eric drove off, he didn't look injured at all. I think his father is involved somehow in Eric's disappearance. Calleigh should go back to the crime scene and see if she can account for all the bullets she fired, including the ones in the car Eric was in.

5. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Yeah this wasn't about "trust" with them. This was about Cal knowing Eric and knowing he will jump head long into a situation w/o knowing all the facts. Case in point he couldn't answer her when she asked him if he knew his father. If it was about trust she would have brought the issue up. She never did. She never told anyone what was going either. That is, until he fled with his father. Up until that point it seems the only two people who knew about Sharova and his involvement were Eric and Cal.

I said in an earlier post I think Cal knew exactly what Eric was going to do and help his dad. I just don't think she anticipated him literally putting himself in the line of fire like he did. Sure she will be mad that he put her and himself in the position he did. But I think her concern for him will outweigh all of it. You don't turn your feelings for someone on and off like a light switch. Eric will no doubt feel guilty about the decision he made, the position he forced Cal into and if his dad is a bad guy, guilty for trusting him.

I also don't think she shot him....there are just too many loopholes, question marks and things left out to make me think there is something more going on than what we saw. Why go to the everglades in the first place? There is no where to hide out there. Also, alot of time passed between when she shot at him and when they found the car...what were they doing in that time? There is too much time unaccounted for....something is missing; and I'm not talking about just Eric. ;)

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  6. dione1984

dione1984 Dead on Arrival

Im gonna post this on the seeing red thread as well but does anybody out there think that Ron could be in on this? I mean he seems to be getting away with a lot being a police informant and all. Im hoping that Eric was right about his dad in that his dad want to really do good but if there is a chance that his dad set him up, I think that it was/is the work of Ron. Idk, it just seems as if Ron would use eric for revenge, to get back a H maybe?

7. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I, too, don't think she shot him. She may be good with a gun, but they were all firing wildly at the car and the other bad guys - they weren't really aiming with pinpoint precision. I think he was either hurt back at the armory or hurt from crashing the car - or from whatever the Russian mob is doing to him while he's missing.

This is going to be a very long 4 months, waiting for the premiere 8th season episode and Calleigh finally finding Eric.

Anyone else notice that Youknowwho was not in the opening credits? I wonder if she was a casualty of budget cuts like the woman from CSI:NY (the one killed in the line of duty in their season finale). If she was, I sure won't mind - won't miss her at all (the character that is, nothing against the actress).

8. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Personally I think that Eric's dad is the one who caused Eric to bleed. I haven't trusted Sharova from the beginning, and even when he sprung Eric out by stepping up and declaring himself as Eric's biological father, I was thinking "yeah, well, I still don't trust you, bub". I'm not sure why Sharova would feel the need to injure Eric (maybe Eric had second thoughts about helping his father flee, maybe he suggested that they turn him in and that Eric would defend his father in court, an idea which made Sharova angry and violent), but I think he's to blame. I think Calleigh will feel so bad about Eric having been injured by his father to scold him too much, and he'll run the gamut of emotion before admitting that he should have listened to her.

And then, ta-da, they'll be back together.

This'll probably be way off base... but it makes sense to me.

9. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

I don't know if Calleigh shot Eric or not. I know most in this thread are going with that she didn't shoot him. I just don't know what to think yet, though. She is a good shot, but I think that if she had shot him then he would have lost control then and there at the crime scene. It just looked to me like she shot through the windshield, missed him, and he just kept on driving. He didn't seem to have total control of the car, but who would when you're in a rush to escape from a scene?

I'm just more concerned about like where the hell Eric is. I mean, seriously, what the hell? It's like okay, he's missing.. but how? If he's injured badly, depending on how badly, I doubt he could have gotten very far. You'd think Sharova would know where he was if they had been together the whole time before Eric went missing. The driver saide to the car was open (I think) so did Eric fall in the water or what? Maybe he was taken or Sharova is a bad guy and knows exactly where Eric is and had everything to do with why he's suddenly dissapeared. It's whatever. It was a good episode but there is just way too much missing from the storyline to really put anything together. I hope the season eight premiere is done right.

Anyway, I know Eric wanted to protect or help his father but Calleigh is probably the last person he should lie or keep things from. He should know better, she has issues with trust. Part of me thinks that since he lied to her in Dissolved she' been slightly apprehensive toward Eric about anything involving his father. I mean she was like all business and no-nonsense in last night's episode both times that she confronted him. I think that she wanted to trust him and believe him but she knew that he had contact with his father in Dissolved so why not assume that he knew something about the car-jacking and the 'annonymous' tip about where the car was since his father was the one with the car.

Calleigh is probably more hurt than she is angry that Eric didn't come clean with her about everything, like in 7.16.. she seemed a little hurt that he hadn't told her about his situation. I'll understand completely if she pissed at him because he broke some laws, no doubt, and kept things from her. But she loves him, and it was very evident in the way she broke down at the end of last night's episode. It's rare that we see her cry.. there was Stand Your Ground and Wrecking Crew. She didn't cry when Speedle died, or when Hagen shot himself right there in front her. So it's serious, her boyfriends missing and hurt, and she doesn't know if she was the one to hurt him and eventhough she seemed angry with him when they were arguing.. these feelings, like her love for him, seems to outweigh that she's pissed at him.

I don't think that they'll break up whatsoever.. but this just seems like a major bump in the road for them. I think that she'll have to rebuild her trust in him. Trust just always was what I thought their relationship seemed to be based off of. That, and seven years of frienship. They will get through it though. I'm just really starting to get the feeling that this relationship isn't one that is going to be broken up easily. Not after lastnight's episode and seeing how deep Calleigh's feeling are for him.

Well, this is going be a fun, four month wait for season eight...:rolleyes:

10. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

I think when the next season comes around, there wont be any "Trust" issues between them, she understands Eric, Eric is Mr. I'll do anyhting for family guy, she just doesn't want him hurt, or fired, or worst, and what I took from both those scenes was her not wanting him to lie, so he wouldn't get in trouble.

but we'll just have to wait and see...

oh and I don't think she shot him, I don't think he's shot at all, just dragged off somwhere witht he Mob...

SMW

11. tamemyheart4692

tamemyheart4692 Hit and Run

Has anyone ever thought that maybe the reason that they pushed the Calleigh and Eric relationship is because Eric would be gone at the end of the season?

I know that it is common for CSI Miami to have cliff hangers, but doesn't it occur to anyone that maybe they thought "Well, we might as well jump on that horse because the track is coming to an end anyway?" Like, they wanted it to happen before anything happened to the characters (killed off, actors quit) and so they did it this season so they would feel complete? If that makes any sense to any one, please let me know your thoughts.

12. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

I honestly don't think so. This relationship was building from day one, so they finally delivered to the fans what they've been waiting for. It may have taken 7 long years to do it, but they finally gave us the goods. Adam and Emily are both returning to CSIM, so I don't think they wanted to push Eric and Calleigh together "just because". IMO, they finally did this because it needed to happen and because we've gotten bits and pieces throughout the years, that there was nothing left to do than to bring them together. A build-up is a build-up. Now the fact that they decided to cause rift between the two so early in their relationship is beyond me. They should have let it simmer a little more, than maybe cause something mid-season 8, which would've been an acceptable twist. I think the premiere will be the true test. Hopefully the writers will keep them together and make this just water under the bridge between the two. Like most of you say here, I'm also prediciting that Calleigh will be too overjoyed he's found and alive to even care about thier minor disagreements before he went missing.

13. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Nah. Eric's going to be back next season. He may be missing right now, but they didn't 'push' the Calleigh/Eric relationship because he'd be missing. Otherwise they would have given some kind of closure about their relationship. But the finale was left wide open and closure is something that we have not been given.

There was so much time spent building up this relationship that I honestly doubt they put them together for the sole purpose so they could bring it a storyline that might just possibly break them up. We know it won't break them up though. They're solid, if you ask me. Whether their relationship is out in the open or not.

Eric and Calleigh finally got together because it was time. The potential romance story was introduced mid-season five just after Eric had been shot. Since that time, both characters were given time to grow into who they are now and to realize that their feelings for each other run deeper than the seven years of friendship that they had shared.

Ultimately, I think Calleigh and Eric will be just fine. They'll work through whatever problems the finale presented them with and afterwards, hopefully, they will go back to how things were before season finale happened.

14. Hounds of Love

Hounds of Love Prime Suspect

Love your avatar Ginnna, I saw the movie over the weekend and I was impressed! Not a big Star Trek fan but it was really good.

Still peeved at Eric for going against Cal’s pleas to drop this and not to cross that line to help Sharova. Yes, he did get him out of INS jail and whatnot but remember, this was the same person who told Eric that he didn’t owe him anything and didn’t want anything to do with him. What does his dad have to gain by doing this? Obviously it’s related to the mob.

I don’t think Cal shot Eric, tho we’re given the impression that she did with the bullet hole in the car windshield and she’s left with nothing but questions as Sharova doesn’t ‘remember’. BTW, I thought Cal/Emily looked amazing in the finale, she had a glow to her, albeit she was left in a state of despair and agony in the end! I know some are talking about what a great shot Ryan has during the shootout (go Ryan!) but I noticed Cal single-handedly took out a baddie too.:thumbsup:

I’m still asking a lot of questions about the finale:

-Where were Eric and his dad heading?
    -the get away car found at the Everglades was smashed up in the front end with the driver’s air bag deployed. That means Eric must have hit something hard like another vehicle or was pursued and pushed off the road by it. So I’m thinking we haven’t seen the last of the Russian mob quite yet.
    -We were shown only one set of footprints leading to the water (or at least I saw only one), so Eric just wouldn’t just dive into it as he’ll be a Happy Meal for alligators.
    -I’m thinking he was being chased by the mob, crashed into the other car, dragged out unconscious and transported to another vehicle or an awaiting boat. But this doesn’t explain the one set of footprints. If so, why leave Sharova behind and why did his dad let himself be caught by the police if he did have a hand in injuring Eric or in his disappearance?

I would love to see Cal be the one to rescue Eric (not H) and the first to find him and ask if he’s okay. This is definitely going to test their love, trust and the strength of their bond but I have faith they’ll both work it out next season. I can’t see them resolving it immediately the season premiere, more like a few shows into it for them to sort it out, just in time for the November sweeps :) I just don’t want to see them argue anymore to the point Cal is upset or on the verge of crying! :( Eric, psst, time for the flowers and candy.:)

It’s going to be a long summer, long 3 ½ months. BTW, does anyone know if they’ve already shot the season opener? Do they usually do this for cliffhangers? Or do they film it separately in the summer? I would think they can lose some of the momentum/continuity by filming it with a large gap inbtw, but hey, what do I know about filming.

15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

So many questions and ifs! :lol: This is going to drive us crazy during the summer :lol:

About Eric missing, I keep thinking about different scenarios and all of them have holes in them so I don't think I'm making much progress :shifty:. I'm going to try to summarize some scenarios that have been mentioned here and some of mine and see what makes sense the most.

Edit: I decided that since this part of my post pertains more to the new thread started by texmex in the Miami forum "Where in Miami is Eric Delko" that I would put it in spoiler tags so it doesn't occupy so much space and those who still want to read it can read it. :)

1) Eric and his dad were being followed by the mafia because they knew that Sharova wanted out. There was a collision, Eric was unconscious, they dragged him out and got him in a boat they had waiting by the water.

Hole: If they knew Sharova was trying to get out why not kill him or take him also? Maybe to have Eric as insurance to guarantee Sharova does something for them.

2) Sharova is a baddie and was unconscious and the russians had no reason to take him with them. After a collision with Eric's car they took him hostage.

Hole: Why leave Sharova behind if they run the risk of the cops finding him?

2) Eric and his dad got in an argument because Sharova showed his true colors and Eric realized he was a real baddie. Eric lost control of the car and hit a ¿tree? (looking for something strong enough to create the damage the front of the car has). Sharova is unconscious and Eric escapes from him disoriented because he hit his head and is laying around somewhere in the everglades. Could be taken up a notch and say he has amnesia, like delkolover mentioned.

Hole: If he were laying around somewhere he wouldn't be so hard to find. Unless he is well enough to walk and he does have amnesia so he just keeps on going.

3) Eric and his dad were being followed by the russians and Alexander has always been one of the bad guys. There's a collision and both Eric and Alexander end up unconscious. The russians decide that they want to kill two birds with one stone because they don't want Alexander to be part of the organization anymore and leave him to be found by the cops and take Eric.

Hole: Why not just kill Alexander and that way there's not a chance he opens his mouth about the mob to the police?

4) The mafia has nothing to do with this and in comes Ron Saris with his final plot of revenge against Horatio. Ron takes Eric with him to have him as insurance for something he wants to get away with. (Ron's involvement idea from dione1984)

Hole: He is an informant now so he has a position of advantage for doing things and getting away with them.

5) Brian Austin Green's character has more up his sleeves than we imagined and is somehow behind all this. His involvement was never fully explained so this could be the twist none of us expect.

Hole: We have no idea what part he plays in all this and what he would gain with taking Eric hostage.

As of right now, number one is the one that convinces me the most. But still I have no idea what's happening ;) :lol:.

Me too. I will scream if H is the one to find him. They really owe it to Calleigh to be the first one there. That scene would be so intense and heartbreaking, I'm sure Emily would rock it :thumbsup:.

I was also thinking about the whole trust issue and why Cal jumped to the conclusion that he was lying to her both times. I think that besides what happened in Dissolved, Calleigh's personal baggage had to do a lot with it like luvcsimiami mentioned. Before, when she told him she trusted him (both times) she was talking to Eric, her co-worker and friend. Now, this is Eric her boyfriend and in Calleigh's life, boyfriends lie. Hagen lied, Elliot lied, Berkley lied. So I see how she could take an easy leap to conclude he is lying even though she has trusted him so much before. IDK, something that came to mind.

Last edited: May 20, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.