Should Flack Be Disciplined; Will He

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by ACW1129, May 15, 2009.

?

Should He; Will He

1. Should, Will

6 vote(s)
    8.6%
  2. Should, Won't

33 vote(s)
    47.1%
  3. Shouldn't, Will

5 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Shouldn't, Won't

26 vote(s)
    37.1%
  1. SparkyGirl

SparkyGirl CSI Level One

:::::joining MizzyA on the fence::::::::

I would like to think that Flack didn't shoot the guy and then again I'm glad he did. Nothing like playing angel and devil. Should he be punished? Yes and No. But there are so many variables (sp) anything is possible. Continuity is a funny thing. Next season we will find out that Flack didn't shoot the guy due to some strange shift in the time line and it was an evil Flack that did it! And the evidence was a snack for a rat who phased out when the evil Flack did!!!:lol:

Maybe TPTB should hire us to keep track of continuity issues!!! :eek:

2. CSINEWYORK000

CSINEWYORK000 Lab Technician

What done is done. Besides nobody saw what happened, although he might have to explain later why the killer endended up with a 9 mil. in the head.

The most he will get for excessive force - a temporary suspention or desk duty. If the investigation gets that far, I doubt it will be persued.
    It is - what - it is.

On the the other hand I have to agree with those who said - that If I was in Flack's shoes I would to the same thing. Naturally, I would want the guy dead, nobody would find his body parts.

Police officers often walk that line... sure It's easy to judge. But If everyone out there knew what kind of stuff the real NYD gets involved in - Heh:shifty:, Trust me this ain't nothnin'. So many stories. I'm sure after we hear them all - Everybody in the world will stop trusting Cops. But thats a story for another conversation.

3. weepingangel

weepingangel Victim

Something I'm surprised no one's mentioned yet: Flack should not have been in that warehouse in the first place. Where was his lieutenant in all this? Since (as harped on in an earlier episode) everyone in the precinct knows about Flack's relationship with Angell, surely their LT would have not let an emotionally disturbed (!) detective go on the raid to catch her killers! While his actions were not inevitable, they were easily foreseeable. Howevermuch Flack may hate being prevented from going out to hunt down the men who murdered his lover, I think it would have been the right thing to keep him out of it.

At this point, he needs counseling more than anything. :(

4. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Which of course means that if anything did come of it, Flack's bosses would be only too keen to sweep it under the carpet in case it came out that they'd let him to into that situation.

5. NM42

NM42 Prime Suspect

Well what factors into it is, did he ACTUALLY do it? or did he do what nick did and just held the gun there and shot to the side of him?

Did he want to do what the gun men did to Angell? To have a gun to you and have that miniscule second of fear and know what it feels like to be held at gun point? I personally think that he didnt, he wouldnt wanna turn into a vigilante and turn into one of them, that just because you have a gun you have to do harm with it. I dont think that he would seep down to that level, although the most tragic thing (possibly) happened just hours before. Flack is better than that.

Just inputting my 2...:)

6. Sam-Maddy

Sam-Maddy Rookie

Why was Flack working the case in the first place? His girlfriend was murdered and he was too closely involved that he shouldn't have been there in the first place. I think if Flack had shot somewhere near the perp, they would have shown it to so we could see the look of fear in the guy's face. I think Flack shot the bastard, but won't get in trouble other than it will be suggested that he take a leave of absence to deal with Angell's death.

7. Free2BMe

Free2BMe Victim

I do not think that Flack should get in any kind of trouble for shooting anyone, Yes he's a cop and most cop shooting get looked into and maybe his will but then you have to disipline all those guys. Mac shot and killed a guy in the same warehouse should Mac get in trouble??

No one will get in any kind of trouble over this, they entered a warehouse and people stated shooting at them they were 100% in the right to shot back and defend themselves.

8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Mac didn't stand over a wounded man who did not have a gun and shoot him from point blank range. There's self defense, but then there's murder. Flack murdered the guy out of revenge and rage. He could argue that he wasn't in his right mind, but he should've never been in the warehouse in the first place. I rewatched the episode and the guy never reached for his gun. He did eye it, but he never made any move to grab it.

I still don't think Flack will get in trouble for the shooting; especially if Danny has his back, which he will. I still do want to see him grapple with what he did emotionally, though.

9. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

I voted Shouldn't/Won't, but now I'm kind of rethinking the 'shouldn't' part.

I know I would do the same thing if I were him. If I was face to face with the person who killed a loved one of mine, I would want to do the same thing and kill him. But he did shoot an unarmed man, who wasn't reaching for his weapon. Eyeing it, yeah, but not reaching. Could he have been planning to reach for it? Sure. But we will never really know.

I don't think the show will focus on it again honestly...if they can sweep Louie and Flack's "charge of this post" injuries under the rug, I doubt they will remember to bring this up again, especially if the episode didn't mention it after it happened.

It's clear that Flack is messed up over what happened. He was responsive and driven earlier in the episode, but once he shot the guy, he had the kind of dead look in his eyes, even in the diner at the end. I definately think he is emotionally grappling with what happened both to Angell and what he did to the guy that killed her. The fact that they showed him still out of it at the diner gives me a little more hope that they can focus on it next season, but I doubt it, especially with the whole diner shooting thing.

I do think it would be a nice storyline if they rolled his emotional pain at what he did along with an investigation by IAB. Say, there is an investigation of the warehouse and things don't add up with the shooting, so they question him and whatnot. Having Danny there to back him up and say that the guy was reaching for the gun or whatever and saving him would be a nice moment, especially since Danny is probably the only one besides Flack that knows what really happened.

10. SparkyGirl

SparkyGirl CSI Level One

I have a question. Granted I'm not the most polished badge in the place but, did all of the Dept. know that Flack and Angell were seeing each other??

I thought that it was a rumor in "Rush to Judgement" they were, according to the dept. Some how I don't picture Flack and Angell holding hands and skipping through the station.:eek: Now there is an out take I would love to see!

Did I miss something?

weepingangel has a excellent point! Flack shouldn't have been any where near the whole thing. Mac should have see that too! Guess I should have had that V-8!!:lol:

11. churchmouse

churchmouse Witness

Wouldn’t there be blood spatter on him if he shot the guy? I am just wondering if the guy died and Flack out of frustration just discharged his weapon shooting ground next to the body. They may even use this for a future episode.

12. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

I voted shouldn't/won't on this but I'm really torn because it didn't start with him shooting the guy. It started with him staying active on the case in the first place. I know that it was more thrilling to see him get involved and put a bullet in the bad guy, but in reality I don't think he would have been allowed anywhere near the case, and Mac surprised me when he allowed Flack to work with them. Maybe he felt that it was better to have him close at hand rather than off doing his own thing, but that doesn't make it right. While I think we may see some of the emotional fallout of his actions in season 6, I don't think that it will be dealt with too harshly. Too many heads would be on the chopping block and it makes better emotional fodder to see Flack suffer remorse or some other emotion than to see him, his boss and Mac all face IAB over a guy that killed a cop.

13. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

Ohh another moral dilemma of right and wrong....as if I hadn't already dealt with that when good guy Tony Almeida turned revenge-crazy on 24....but then again, Tony's actions had a vastly different consequence....

But anyways...as for Flack....if we're going by the book, by the law, then he should be punished...because the law is the law, and it doesn't care about bias or emotions.....

but since we're dealing with human beings...well...let's face it, we are emotional and biased creatures....so in this sense, I doubt anyone, even if the IAB knew the truth, would bother to punish Flack for killing the man who killed Angell....they would just claim special circumstances, or under duress...

the government had always cared more about image than truth anyways....they would just cover this up....and besides, what human being doesn't understand Flack's feelings? He saw the man responsible for destroying his future, and all he saw was red fury and rage.....yes what Flack did was horrid but when people are pushed to the edge, morality is hardly an issue....something inside Flack just snapped for that one moment....I'd think anyone can understand that...

so while the law will say he should be punished....I doubt the people behind the law will care...I mean, what kind of image would it present for people to see a cop being punished for killing a cop-killer....

14. kkennedytx

kkennedytx Rookie

15. tobinhr

tobinhr Hit and Run

I agree. I voted should/won't. Flack shouldn't have been there in the first place. (But we know this would not make good TV...) But when he took aim at the gunman, I was surprised to hear myself say, "DO IT, Flack. For once in your life, follow your heart and not your head."

I think it will eat at him in season 6--whether or not he killed the guy. He discharged his gun at the very least. He let his emotions rule. I am hoping for some juicy story arcs for poor Flack.

And off-topic, I can't BELIEVE TPTB didn't put Eddie Cahill in for an Emmy.:angryrazz: They nominated Carmine, Hill and AJ! WTF???

Tobin