Eric and Calleigh #36 - We're In This Together Now.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Apr 20, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Apr 25, 2009.
  1. We're In This Together Now

46 vote(s)
    73.0%
  2. We're Doing It And Doing It Well (Pending Mod Approval)

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. Caution: Smoking Hot Chemistry Ahead...

7 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hounds of Love

Hounds of Love Prime Suspect

That was one of the better finales in a long time. There were a lot of E/C moments!

To add to CalleighEricFan's highlights:

Yes, we do get a cliffhanger. Argh!

-short scene with E/C in interrogation room with Brian Austin Green’s character, which I believe plays Mr. Green :lol: . Nothing much here, just the usual questioning about Green's involvement as it was his car that used in the accident.
    -Cal makes a shocking discovery in A/V that it’s Sharova in the car when the ambulance/train accident happened.
    -Cal meets up with Eric alone outside the station and tells him about his dad’s involvement. Cal wants to bring him in for questioning but he says his dad would never do that and she doesn’t know him. She retorts “I’m sorry! But do YOU know him?” I’ve never seen Cal so upset with Eric and I think it’s more out of her concern for Eric’s safety than anything else considering it’s the mob they’re dealing with. She asks him if he has already been in contact with him about this and he says no but Cal then asks in a calm manner to see his recent outgoing calls. A look of surprise comes over him that she would ask him that. His faces says it all - she doesn't trust him. Scene ends with her saying she doesn’t want him crossing that line; she won’t allow him to do that. Intense moment...Aaaah, trouble's a brewing for our couple :(
    -Eric meets his dad at a fishing pier (and yes, his dad is actually fishing!) and confronts him about his involvement this morning. Sharova admits to being in that car but poor Eric is in disbelief and tells him 2 people died including an officer. He tells him to get out of the mob while he still can but his dad says there’s no way out, only debt/death (sorry, I can’t make out exactly his said). During this scene, I kept thinking, his dad needs a haircut badly! Does anybody have hairs clippers handy?
    -Cal gets an anonymous call at reception about Mr. Green’s car being found, she is suspicious of the call and asks who is this but the person hangs up.
    -As Cal is about to enter the garage to process the car with Ryan, Eric tells Cal what a lucky break that the car is found but Cal is short with him and implies how convenient that this “cracker jack” evidence pops up out of nowhere. Eric says what is her problem and she tells him if he’s helping his dad, he’s an accessory to murder. He replies that he knows the law and they’ll talk about this later and walks away. Noooo, E/C arguing :( Well, Ryan sees this thru the window as he’s standing next to the car and asks “What’s up with Eric?” when Cal approaches him and she brushes it off, saying quietly “I don’t know”. Ryan definitely picks up on the uneasiness with Cal but never asks her about it or pushes her. I liked that Ryan was giving Cal her personal space but you can tell he felt bad for her.
    -Shootout: during the crazy gun fire, a silver car comes bursting out of the warehouse and Cal shoots and hits the car but as it drives pass her, she sees Eric driving with Sharova. The camera angle implies Eric makes eye contact with Cal as they're driving away, leaving poor Cal in a state of shock! Cal tells Ryan it was Eric in that car with his dad and she shot at them. Ryan is also shocked by this. I love that Ryan covered Cal's back!
    -At the end, Sharova is found slumped in the car by H and Frank but Eric’s missing. They question him as Cal comes tearing out of her Hummer and runs like a mad woman towards them asking whose blood that’s on him and if she had shot Eric. Sharova says all he remembers is Eric was driving injured and lost control of the car, he doesn’t where he is. Hmm, very fishy circumstances. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Cal run so fast, high heels or not!
    -In their only scene, Cal tells H they've got to find Eric and that they can’t lose him, H says he won’t let that happen. H then follows footprints, which we presume are Eric’s, that lead to the water’s edge of the Everglades.
    -Episode ends with Frank leading Sharova away in the background with Cal walking towards the camera completely distraught and starts to break down crying....Fades to Executive Producer Jerry Bruckheimer.

2. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! That was so depressing. :(

I don't like it when they fight. Everything is supposed to be sunshine and roses not arguments. I almost lost it when Calleigh broke down crying. I have never, ever seen her that emotional. Please writers, let Eric be ok...and let it be his fathers fault. Let Eric magically reappear at Calleigh's house.

3. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Ok so it was ok.....I wasn't totally impressed. The season started off with such promise too. It wasn't horrible but it didn't live up to the hype imo.

I don't think Cal hit him. I think daddy has something to do with his injury and him missing. B/c he would have just said yes, "you hit him" He is hiding something. I think when Eric escaped with him and he turned on Eric and showed his true colors and they fought and HE is the reason the car ran off the road. Why else would Eric leave the car and flee if he wasn't trying to get away from something? Daddy is trying to play this "I want out of this life" up way too much.

I also think dad is higher up in the mob than he is letting on and he played Eric into helping him. He did exactly what Eric described the Russians wanted to do. He got a cop in his pocket. I think he was at the scene in the beginning with Sarnoff to see him get killed for himself not b/c he was ordered to...he wanted to see first hand his death got carried out.

The scene where Eric shows up while he is fishing was just too "nice" and "daddy like"

I am calling it now... there are 3 possibilities for the premiere and they can either be taken together and separately

1) Cal did hit him and the car crashes he flees the car in a daze...but still why get out of the car???

2) Daddy did something to him while they were driving which caused him to lose control of the car....and he gets out and flees b/c he is trying to get away from his dad who is trying to kill him.

3) he flees, possibly into the water b.c why else would he flee unless it was to get away from someone who was trying to kill him? He had no reason to leave the car. Daddy conviently wakes up when they arrive??? He flees and maybe he hit his head when the air bag went off and when the team finds him he will have amnesia!! Maybe not about his whole life but possibly about the incident. Possibly the bullet fragment has shifted etc.

The last one would be totally cliched, redundant and circular. Which means it is a perfect fit for this show!! :rolleyes:

Overall I give the ep a B-. A very sad, sad B-

4. restless-mess

restless-mess Witness

:scream:Dear lord!

I cannot.even.type.properly.
    Damn the writers and their damn cliffhangers!!!!!!
    Poor Cal.
    Um. I agree that it was probably his father that injured him... which will make him feel even more guilty for what he did...
    I honestly don't even know what to say about that. Besides... Emily was amazing and there was so much tension between them AH! The 8th season opener should be good, too bad we have to WAIT 4 MONTHS!!!!
    *breathes*
    How sad was Cal's line? "We [:scream:I] can't lose him"...:(... My heart literally wrenched. And then it wrenched the 2 more times i watched that scene.
    I am gonna go be speechless in a corner now.

5. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

First Michael on Prison Break and now this...my poor shipper heart can't take anymore heartache. :(

I am going to agree with delkolover and go with her idea that it was Eric's father that injured him. I think that he lied when he said that it wasn't his blood, I think it was. Eric was bleeding though :( again, he could have lied to him. Poor Cal...she'll never forgive herself if something happens to Eric...(even though we know he is for sure coming back next season)

6. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Calleigh...Eric...:(

Why did I come off this episode feeling so depressed? :rolleyes:

Two arguments in one episode?? :rolleyes::(:rolleyes::( I thought Calleigh was going to slap him on the head??

Did anyone hear what his father said happened to Eric because I could barely hear him or even understand??

Calleigh was fuming at Eric and she warned him she wouldn't watch him cross the line and then... he went and tried to pull a Super H!! I get it he feels he owes his father something for saving him from getting deported but would his father had come forward if Horatio and Calleigh didn't do that tooth test?? Come on Eric.. you shouldve listened to your girlfriend because look what happened now!

At first I thought Eric fell in the water, but then I thought he's a certified diver. Even if he's hurt, he could swim...right?? :rolleyes: That car was definitely close to the edge. What I want to know is if Sarnoff is dead, and the guy who put the hit out on him is also dead...than who has him?? Where did he go??

Poor Calleigh completely lost it at the end. When she told Horatio that they can't lose him, I thought "He knows". I could tell Ryan knew what was up when he kept looking back when Calleigh and Eric were going at it. Eric stopped her short of her going off on him and told her they'll talk about it that night. The agressive Eric came out a lot tonight, which is something I haven't seen in a while. Kinda liked it:drool:

I think when they find him in the premiere, either Calleigh says she can't trust him or slobs him down like mad and thank the heavens he's found. I vote for the latter...please?????????

Well...longggggggggggg summer ahead...

7. tamemyheart4692

tamemyheart4692 Hit and Run

All I have got to say is

I HATE CLIFFHANGERS!!! RAWR!!! DIE JERRY BRUCKHEIMER DIE!!!
    okay so now that that is off of my chest, I'd like to say that due to my father's horrible planning, I missed the first half of the epi. but I caught on pretty darn quick later on.
    I loved the final scene. I loved that Calleigh finally *FINALLY* cried. Like actually cried. On the job, nonetheless! Shes growin up! Our lil emotionally stunted Calliegh Duquesne is growing up into a beautiful emotional Calleigh Delko butterfly. :) Ahhh what else? IMHO I don't thnk Eric is dead. He better not be, because if he freaking is....After 7. 7 long tedious seasons...after shooting, and kidnappings, and hospitals, and tears....after they have been together for only 10 episodes (aprox)....I will have to walk to Los Angeles myself and kick some dupa (dupa= a$$ in polish) bEcause this cannot be the end of them, right? It can't. ..right? RIGHT??
    Oh next next next... I would really like for it to be september (although that means im back at school again) and for them to find Eric. Even if Eric is sick, or with a serious or near fatal injury, Id like them to find him. QUICKLY. And Id like for him to live. FOREVER. All i can think about is how Adam's sexy bod would go to waste if we CSI MIAMI girls didn't get to see him half nakey anymore. Goshdarnit. I hate cliffys. ERIC!! COME BACK ERIC!!! I NEED YOU!!! or at least cal does.
    two things
    1. Y'all better right some goshdarn good fanfics this summer. I'll probably write a few oneshots myself, but im not that good. so some of you need to write decent stuff to fix my crap... Thanksssss.
    2. I am running on a 5 hour sleep + 11 hours of work kind of day so I'm very sleep deprived if you cannot tell. I'm going to bed now. Sorry if none of any of this makes sense, although if it didn't, this wouldn't be much of an apology.

adios.

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  8. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

I vote for the latter too!!!!!

Actually I'd like to see hre in on the rescue and just go in for the big relieved hug. You know the soul-connecting hug where she starts out running her hand over him to make sure he's real then she just melts into a hug where she has her head on his chest and his head is on top of hers. I can play this scene over in my mind till it's perfect but TPTB will always come up with something different.

Yep. Long summer...here we come. At least I'll be uber-busy to keep me occupied.
    When do fall spoilers usually start appearing?

9. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

That was one of the better Miami finales in a long time. Last seasons sucked and although this one didn't quite live up to it's hype.. I enjoyed it.

I thought I'd like to see Calleigh and Eric arguing, but it hurt. The second time in the episode when they were arguing Calleigh just seemed so cold and upset. Like just plain pissed off. It's completely understandable though, since Eric was keeping things from her. But I just feel so bad for Calleigh, eventhough she was upset with Eric, it was so evident that she loves him. It sucks we don't exctly now how Eric was injured but I hope he's not like close to death or anything along those lines.

I'm glad the cliffhanger wasn't like HUGE...I'll be able to deal with the wait for next season. Eric's missing but I'm sure that solution will be solved almost immediately once season 8 starts in the fall. At this point, I'm not too worried about Eric and Calleigh breaking up. Not after seeing how upset Calleigh was when the episode ended.. her feelings for him are deep and I think they win out over the fact that she couldn't really trust Eric in this episode.

10. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I think it is going to be a little bit of everything. I think she is going reprimand him for his actions and stick it to him but at the same time she will just be so relieved that is he ok and hug him. We saw at the end of the ep just how deep her feelings for Eric go...she was crying in public for pete's sake...so not Calleigh. And her love for him and devotion will outweigh whatever anger or mistrust she's feeling right now. All she will care about is finding him and making sure he is ok.

I think part of her knew he was going to cross the line no matter what she said or did. Yeah she was shocked to see him in that car b/c she shot at it!! But when they left their second conversation/arguement off, I think she already knew he made his decision and by not telling anyone what he was thinking about doing, doing or had done made her just as much as an accessory imo. She knew she couldn't stop him and she had no right to "order" him to not do something. He made the decision on his own and now, unfortunately, it seems he is paying for it.

Given that Eric will probably feel a lot of guilt about this will have Cal pushing aside whatever anger she has in order to help him get through it.This situation will show just how strong their bond is...it won't break them, it will just make it stronger.

11. Hounds of Love

Hounds of Love Prime Suspect

Overall, I thought it was pretty good, well, I thought it would have to be better than last year's! They definitely had their quota of action/shootout scenes :lol: But here are some other thoughts as they come to me now that I've re-watched it for the second time; has me scratching my head.

Rewatching it again, I'm angry at Eric! I realize he was defending his dad and did it out of his strong sense of family but that's what got him in big trouble. He hardly knows his dad and where between Sink or Swim and now did Eric think his dad was not 'bad' ? That I don't get.

Eric, listen to your woman when you don't have your head on straight and don't lie to her! None of this "I know what i'm doing, I"m going to handle this on my own". Shaking my head that he wouldn't listen or take Cal's advice to think twice about what he's doing and the possible outcomes if he helps his dangerous dad out. You've know Cal for like eons and brush off her concerns and when she questions your actions.

I know, I know, it was all done to create drama and trouble for E/C but it's just frustrating. When Cal was asking about Eric's whereabouts and later crying, I really felt bad for poor Cal, she's now left wondering if he's dead (we know he isn't tho) or badly injured. The poor girl's in total anguish, she's going to get an ulcer thinking she's killed or injured her man.I guess I was wrong, I thought he would be kidnapped with Yelina but looks like he's just "disappeared".

It all comes back to the russian mob so I'll agree with delkolover, his dad/russian mob had something to do with his disappearance b/c why would only his dad be unharmed in the car and Eric's injured and missing? I thought maybe they were intercepted at some point at the Everglades by the russian mob and took Eric hostage, leaving his dad behind.

If he's injured, I sure hope it's minor, it would really suck it he did get another brain injury - been there, done that. But whatever the outcome, I know they can work it out next season, I can see Cal hugging him to death after finding him and knowing he's going to be fine, then whopping his ass for not listening to her. Fingers crossed that that would lead to make up sex?

12. SomewhereApart

SomewhereApart Prime Suspect

Oh, Eric. Oh, Eric, Eric. Don't try to pull one over on Calleigh; she sees right through you. And listen to her when she tells you not to do stupid and dangerous things for people you don't *really* know that well.

And for the love of all that's holy, don't go getting yourself SHOT AT by your girlfriend. Because clearly this stresses her out.

How long until September??

13. CalleighIris

CalleighIris Dead on Arrival

Allright i just found out that season 8 starts on september 21st
    8x1 Last Call 2009-09-21
    8x2 Split Second 2009-09-28
    8x3 Left For Dead 2009-10-05
    8x4 Smoking Gun 2009-10-12
    8x5 Under Pressure 2009-10-19
    8x6 Coyotes 2009-11-02
    8x7 Roadkill 2009-11-09
    8x8 Miami Surf and Sun 2009-11-16
    8x9 Burn Factor 2009-11-23
    8x10 Sea Dog 2009-11-30
    8x11 Pros and Cons 2009-12-14
    8x12 Thrill Kill 2010-01-11
    8x13 Officer Down 2010-01-18
    8x14 Poison Ivy 2010-02-01
    8x15 Day and Night (1) 2010-02-08
    8x16 Nine Lives (2) 2010-02-15
    8x17 Double Closing 2010-02-22
    8x18 Kill or Be Killed 2010-03-15
    8x19 Slow Motion 2010-03-22
    8x20 Quick Strike 2010-04-12
    8x21 Fourth Wall 2010-04-26
    8x22 Ghosts 2010-05-03
    8x23 Pop, Lock and Drop It 2010-05-10

it can be wrong but i just found this
    http://www.xtvi.com/torrents.php?mode=guide&id=16
    i hope so for not that means 125 days until season 8 WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    sorry i had to share this information
    and 8.13 officer down are they finally sending out the epi that Corey promissed us (little bit to late xD)
    and the finale GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ----- I hate it only one piece i loved that was that ryan said excuse me against eric
    sad calleigh i hate sad calleigh (great job Emily P.) so this was my talk xox​

14. luvcsimiami

luvcsimiami Hit and Run

Interesting theories...what about this one? I feel a fanfic coming on.

Um..ok. Am I the only one that was pissed at Cal and not Eric? Just what if Sharova was telling the truth, and he called the tip in about the car AFTER Eric left him. Therefore Eric was telling the truth to Cal when he said he didn't know anything about the call? That to me would be the "surprise" that David Caruso was talking about in the ET interview when he said that the season opener "Blast from the Past" would explain how they all got to the point that they were now. He also said that he thought the fans would be suprised at how everything turns out. Well judging from most comments most people think Eric made a mistake, his father is the bad guy and is the liar therefore Eric got himself into trouble and probably got shot by the guy. Just what if what Sharova said was true and he actually turned over a new leaf after meeting Eric and really wanted to get to know his son? What if the guy wanted to get out and Eric decided to help him do that?

Don't get me wrong I did feel bad for Cal where she was crying but I also think on some level she could have brought the man back from the breach if she had been just a tad more rational and not so emotional. Yes, I know she loves him but it's like telling your teenager the guy she likes is a jerk. The more you oppose the more they do what you don't want. When you stop opposing or maybe state your concerns in a different way they are more inclined to listen. Not always but usually. Now I agree it doesn't explain where the heck Eric is and why he left the car but just suppose that when he went to the warehouse to stop his father from committing the crime the Russians busted in and THAT's how Eric got hurt (i.e - he was hurt before they flew out in the middle of the gunfight and drove off) Maybe he was disoriented and that's why he left the car.

I don't think Cal shot him and I also think that maybe, just maybe she was wrong about her assumptions. I know Eric has a big heart but he's not usually stupid. Head Case is a great example of this. He didn't think the guy was guilty...yes, he was wrong about that but it turns out the guy committed the crime because he was held at gunpoint. The person that was guilty of killing the family was the guy the man had stolen the money from, not the guy that couldn't remember anything. Personally, if they write it that Eric was just an idiot led by his emotions it's going to piss me off because they've been there, done that so many times it just doesn't make sense.

Now, estranged father or not Calleigh acted as if she forgot who she was speaking to Eric about. It was Eric's biological Father and whether he was a jerk or not he was important to Eric for some reason. For all of her concern she was pretty callous about his feelings in that regard. I mean she might as well have said 'your momma' and that phrase has been known to start fights - at least in my house :) I've known folks that have been treated horribly by their parents or other family members but they will turn on you in a heartbeat if you begin to talk about them and that's even down to a husband talking about his wife's parents or vice versa. Really the more Cal trashed Eric's father the more Eric shut her out because he knew she wouldn't want to hear him say anything other than he wouldn't be involved with the guy anymore. Seeing Cal's reactions in this episode now explains why Eric was inclined to lie to her in the last one. Her reaction to his father's name isn't a calm one. Still he fessed up a few hours later so he obviously can't keep a secret from her for long.
    I'm not saying it's right but I can definately see his side here and maybe just maybe all is not as it seems with Eric.

Whose to say Eric didn't do what he normally does when he can't talk to Calleigh? How do we know he didn't call H. Just because they didn't show it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Besides that H can definately identify. His brother was a dirty cop and he knew it and H helped him every single time he could until the man got himself killed. There could be so many different scenarios here that the summer I'm sure will be full of fan fictions and theories.

Calleigh could have saved herself a lot of grief by just getting the picture, taking it to H, bringing Sharova in and dealing with it that way then the way that she did. Eric was going to be pissed either way why give him an opportunity to hang himself if she really thought that's what he was going to do. I saw a lot of assumptions happening in the episode with Calleigh and frankly she acted as if she didn't know the man. Eric sincerely looked hurt when she asked to see his list of phone calls. I loved that his aggression was back and he didn't mind letting her see that he was pissed at her accusations. He handled the second argument pretty well imo by saying we'll talk later and walking off before they really got into it at work.

Sorry for the long rant but had to jump in and do a little Eric defending. I know I'm biased but there really are two sides to every story and if what Sharova said was true it could change everything concerning Calleigh's judgements of a man she doesn't know either. Eric may not know him but she knows him even less. I really enjoy E/C and I really enjoyed seeing Cal's emotions but frankly she was a bit over the top for me with this one and being in Eric's face like that. She should know from Ryan that approach doesn't work. I honestly don't know how things will go from here and if these two will continue. I hope they do, unless they find Eric and the bullet in his brain shifted from the impact of the accident. How terrible would it be for him to wake up and not remember anything or worse yet not remember Cal and that they are involved. Now wouldn't that be a surprise to everyone. A sucky surprise but a surprise nonetheless.

This was way more than a bump in the road. I call this a traffic jam and if I'm right and Eric really did talk to H, help his father etc. Imagine how tough that's going to for Calleigh when she discovers she was falsley accusing someone she's supposed to love (all baggage left from previous relationships imo.) How is Eric supposed to feel knowing that she really thought he would turn on everything and compromise his values...etc. ?

With all that said, I could be totally wrong and you guys could be right that Eric did what he did to help his father and payback a debt only to find out that his dad double-crossed him. We have three months to wait and find out. :scream:

15. MomentarySetbac

MomentarySetbac Victim

So, um...how on Earth are we supposed to wait all summer to see this get resolved?! I'm going to go CRAZY.

A few comments: I felt for both of them in this episode. I think Eric was honestly trying to help his father out because he truly believed his dad could be better. Now, whether that's true or not is really unknown. We have NO idea what his dad is truly like, and we also don't know how well Eric really knows him, which is frustrating. Calleigh was in a hard place; I think she got so emotional and mistrusting because she cares for him so deeply and she's terrified he's untrustworthy just like everyone else she's encountered in her life.

And a few thoughts: Did anyone else notice that when Eric's father was getting out of the car, he not only had blood on his shirt but on his HANDS? That's pretty indicative... I mean, either he was involved in something there or he tried to help Eric out. Also, with them being near the water...where the heck did Eric go? I was confused by Horatio following the footsteps or whatever because I don't think Eric could just dive on in. Maybe there was a boat there...? Kinda random, but I don't know what the heck could've happened there.

I foresee a lot of fanfic writing and reading to get me through summer! We should start a countdown or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.